Good headphones for a trucker
May 29, 2012 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sircuddles

New Head-Fier
My father is a long haul trucker, meaning he can be on the road for days or weeks at a time. He is looking for some nice in ear headphones to listen to his music.

Budget is $50, and I know he has been eyeing the jvc HAFX1X headphones, but i don't really know how good they are, or really much about good in ear headphones.

The main he is looking for are:

1. Loud, he is driving a semi truck, so they need to be heard over the roar of the engine
2. Comfortable for hours on end
3. Stay in the ear easily, even on a bumpy road

What are some good suggestions?

Thanks.

May 29, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #2 of 6
I really don't recommend doing any headphone listening while driving...  If he really needs it, try something from Etymotic, the EtyKids are 50 bucks and do meet your requirements.  Dunu Tridents will also work for him, they have a more "consumer-friendly" signature.

May 29, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
I....hm...while a deaf trucker fills me with fear, if he's looking at the FX1X, he should get the JVC HAFX100X instead. It's the new model and apparently, it's pretty good and a sizeable improvement over the original. 

Believe it or not, truckers wearing headphones is extremely common. A lot of truckers run with partners to alternate sleeping and driving, and blasting music over the speakers at a volume that it can be heard clearly over the engine would also disturb the other person, especially if they have different tastes in music. 

Anyways, can you provide a link to the HAFX100X? Nothing came up when i googled it

May 29, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Believe it or not, truckers wearing headphones is extremely common. A lot of truckers run with partners to alternate sleeping and driving, and blasting music over the speakers at a volume that it can be heard clearly over the engine would also disturb the person trying to sleep, especially if they have different tastes in music. 

Anyways, can you provide a link to the HAFX100X? Nothing came up when i googled it

That actually makes a lot more sense when you explain it like that.  I thought he was using the headphones while driving...  That's a big no-no :p  I still recommend the EtyKids for isolation purposes.  Dunu Tridents if analytic mid-focused sound isn't for him :p  Foam tips may help as well :)

May 29, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Believe it or not, truckers wearing headphones is extremely common. A lot of truckers run with partners to alternate sleeping and driving, and blasting music over the speakers at a volume that it can be heard clearly over the engine would also disturb the other person, especially if they have different tastes in music. 

Hey, sorry it's the JVC HA-FX101X seen here http://av.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL028971&pathId=162&page=1 and sold here http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HAFX101B-Inner-ear-Headphones-Black/dp/B007HISSXE. Very highly recommended by some reputable head-fiers(I haven't personally tried them yet). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back