Good Headphones for ~$50?
Aug 1, 2008 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Rolamoto

100+ Head-Fier
I know everybody here is probably thrilled about a new "What Headphone" thread, so I'll keep it short:
I'm looking into replacing my Sennheiser HD202s (too bass heavy) with a better set of cans for about $50 but I'm not sure of what to get. I'd prefer Closed headphones, but wouldn't be opposed to open ones either, my only thing is not IEMs. My music tastes are fairly eclectic ranging from rock to hip-hop to trance.
I've heard great things about Grado SR60s and I'm thinking about going with them but I am trying to look at all of the options before buying.

I don't thing I did the whole "keep it short" thing well, but I think I got everything in one post.

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 13
if you dislike bass heavyness, the grados are the way to go
wink.gif
what genres do you usually listen to ?

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #3 of 13
I don't hate bass, but with my current headphones the bass overpowers everything else.

As to what genres I listen to it's pretty much anything: Rock, Punk, Hip-Hop, Trace, Video Game music, Trip-Hop, etc.

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #4 of 13
The SR60s are a great bang for the buck headphone. Keep in mind that they are open and leak sound if you will. I have a pair and would recommend them to anyone.

Aug 1, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #6 of 13
Yea there are, I know amazon has the SR60 for like 50-60ish the last time I looked.

Aug 2, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #11 of 13
lol yeah the orpheus would be great. I'd buy 10 for that price. Seriously though, the sr60s are probably the ones to get at 50 bucks.

Aug 2, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #12 of 13
I have a pair of Equation RP-21's. You can get them for around 50 on here. I paid 55$ for mine, but they're solid. I don't love them, but the fact that I have a huge head doesn't help. Very detailed, they have enough bass, and they're comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back