Good headphone case?
Mar 22, 2009 at 4:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Yamas

Head-Fier
I apologize if this is a bit off topic but I just ordered a pair of PFEs and am wondering what you guys recommend for a case. I'd prefer somethign fairly hard so I could carry them around in my backpack. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Mar 22, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #3 of 18
PFE's come with their own case, but it's cloth. Try that then start looking for a hard case.

Mar 22, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #5 of 18
errr they are aluminium cases? for UE, interesting... i thought they were some poorly designed stuff that i cant get it open the first time :p i like aluminium didnt know that but great.

Mar 22, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #9 of 18
Get a steel lunchbox and order some of the breakaway-box foam padding. Will have enough room for most of your gear. Plus you get to carry your portable rig in a star wars lunchbox.

Mar 22, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #11 of 18
I like the UE aluminum case. It looks like it can take any reasonable amount of crushing and not even develop a dent. Shure zipper case is ok and is much lighter and convenient (zipper case), but I question its ability to take crushes so I typically don't use it.

Mar 23, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #12 of 18
I bought the leather case from UE for my Super Fi 5 Pros. Much more convenient than the metal case that comes with them.
I saw they have some other hard cases now but haven't seen them in person.
For $10 the leather case is well worth it in my opinion.

Mar 25, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #13 of 18
i've got the phonaks too, and put them into a metal case for mints. lucky for me, the earphones and cable fit in perfectly.

there are quite a few nice cases for chocs and mints in the supermarket which can be reused, so go take a look around. much cheaper alternative :)

Mar 26, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #14 of 18
I also got an Shure old soft/hard case for the E2c, i never used it, kinda inconviently, im probably impatient shouldnt take longer than 10 seconds :p, unlike say PX100/PX200 case takes me forever... and probably the shure one too.. the Soft case from Er6i was soo easy and convient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back