Good ..erm.. microphone?
Aug 10, 2002 at 12:18 PM Post #2 of 10
Hi,

Umm I do not know what mic that is but I do have a website recommendation.

http://www.soundprofessionals.com

They have great service and good prices for quality mics
smily_headphones1.gif

I think you need to elaborate on your uses a bit more to give us a better idea.

There are many varities of mics and all have their particular use ...

Aug 10, 2002 at 3:03 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Guyferd
I need quite a good mic for doing some dj purpose.
Second use is for home for recording vocals which I will then mix with the songs(must have good vocal)

For those sorts of applications, the EV N-Dym series mics would be just the ticket. You need high gain before feedback in DJ applications and uniform frequency response for home recording.
The ND267 comes to mind. Readily available for under 100 bux. Another good sub $100 mic is the AKG D880II. Both of those mics have tight, uniform polar pickup patterns, close working distance, and good frequency response. Another one that I haven't tried, but that should be good is the Sennheiser E-835 and it's also under 100 bux.

Try www.Musiciansfriend.com and www.ccisound.com

I buy all my mics from CCI.

Cheers!

Aug 10, 2002 at 3:16 PM Post #6 of 10
You're welcome!
Make sure you call CCI and talk to them. They're a fantastic company. 800-426-8664 (I have it memorized)
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 14, 2002 at 4:51 AM Post #8 of 10
Well, what about a shure SM58 Beta? Heck, I run sound for my high school(and ALL of hte orchestras, theater companies, etc, that come in. It pays to have a state of the art theater). They're durable, dependable, and they aren't half bad.

Aug 14, 2002 at 1:20 PM Post #9 of 10
While one can do worse that the SM58, the Sure's don't have the sound quality of the EV, AKG, or the Sennheiser.

Aug 26, 2002 at 1:10 AM Post #10 of 10
Guyferd - are you going to be recording male or female vocals? What type of music will you be putting underneath these vocals?

You'll be able to find a slew of mics for around $100, and what you're recording will help decide which mic is best. Let us know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back