1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Good earphones for $25 or less?

Tags:
  1. Critical50
    For a present. If they had a mic on it, that'd be great, if not, thats fine.

2. poikkeus
    Time is a consideration, since some devices might not be available for you by the holidays.

As a gift, the Xiaomi ear speakers really make a statement; superb look and very good sound. Superb packaging. Excellent look and feel, though slightly microphonic. Balanced sound, though slightly warmish; mic works well with a variety of devices. The only problem that a shipment from China may not arrive in time for gifting. Beware of knockoffs; buy only by trusted, authorized dealers.

The Symphonized NRG ear speakers are also $25, and have an attractive wood body, warm and concise sound, and a good build. No mic.

The Sony MDR-EX37B has nice styling, and an even better sound. The cables are a bit thin, and therefore prone to knotting and kinking. But this may be the best sounding inexpensive earbuds around - balanced, no bass bloat, no distortion (even at high volume). No mic.

I'm doubtful the Xiaomi would be available by Xmas, though it's the most "gifty" and rich-sounding of the three. 
    Symphonized is a nice-sounding pair of earbuds, and the wood gives an appealing warmth. 
    The sound of the Sony is excellent, especially at the price, but the thin cable makes longevity a potential issue. 

Post back with your choice!

3. Critical50
    I need the earphones pretty soon, so the Xiaomi is a no.

On Amazon the NRG Ear Speakers had a couple reviews saying good audio quality, but one earphone would go out on them. Even after getting a replacement by the company.

Ive had experience with Sonys earphones before, they have decent quality and comfort, and one of their earphones I bought for $20 (may even be the same model, I bought it at like Walmart or Target though, they kinda look the sam) and they lasted for a whole year. And I would blast the volume on them quite a lot. So, I'm going with the Sony MDR.

Thanks!