good diy amp for hd595 (50 ohm)
Mar 19, 2006 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Eisenhower

500+ Head-Fier
I am just getting started in diy and am looking for a nice amp for my main phones (hd595 50 ohm) that will also be good for other things down the road.
Right now it looks like the millet hybrid and M3 are the best options. Which would be simpler to build and which would match the 595's better? I know the M3 is supposed to be very well rounded, which is attractive to me, since I am definently going to pick some higher-end headphones down the road.

Mar 19, 2006 at 8:05 PM Post #3 of 9
I do love tubes but I can see that its more important to learn the basics of op-amps for electronics. I probally go for the M3 if I can get more info on it.
My budget is pretty anything under 200.

Mar 19, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #4 of 9
The MH is probably a bit easier to build (assuming you don't build the upgraded buffer). If you're interested in learning about electroncis, these are probably two of the more complimentary designs to build - they are different on a few different levels. Because the last board buy for the MH is starting up, I would recommend at least picking up one of the boards now, even if you end up building the MMM. Another option if you're interested in learning about opamps might be something like the Pimeta.

I don't own the 595s or a MMM, so I can't say what would be the best combination for you.

Mar 22, 2006 at 9:05 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20
You just missed the second group buy for the Millet over at headwize.

so where/when can I get one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back