Good Deal on AKG K501
May 23, 2005 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

gratefulshrink

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, I held out as long as I could (that would be about 1 week), and I picked up K501's. Very good ("unpublished") price at B&H -- $142 plus sales tax (I bought it in the store).

Get 'em while supplies last....
eggosmile.gif

May 23, 2005 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink
Re-read my post, please -- I gave the price.
plainface.gif

s/he wants to know if it's possible to get that price without going into the store (i.e. online).

May 23, 2005 at 8:13 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by shimage
s/he wants to know if it's possible to get that price without going into the store (i.e. online).

I called for the price. I didn't say that I was coming in, so I really think that's the "unpublished" price, no matter if you pick it up in person or they ship. In fact, if you are out of state, maybe there's no NY sales tax. Maybe they even ship for free????
evil_smiley.gif

Really, though, I'm 99% sure that you get that $142 price no matter what.
tongue.gif

May 24, 2005 at 2:02 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink
I called for the price. I didn't say that I was coming in, so I really think that's the "unpublished" price, no matter if you pick it up in person or they ship. In fact, if you are out of state, maybe there's no NY sales tax. Maybe they even ship for free????
evil_smiley.gif

Really, though, I'm 99% sure that you get that $142 price no matter what.
tongue.gif

I will try when I get home tomorrow and see if they give it to me for $142 shipped.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 24, 2005 at 9:17 AM Post #8 of 13
Perhaps AKG is planning to replace them with an updated+upgraded model? The same price drop occured with the ER6i's, but Etymotic doesn't seem to be doing anything at the moment...

biggrin.gif
Abe

May 24, 2005 at 10:34 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigabomber
few seem to come up for sale on the board.

that's just because they're that good.
wink.gif

May 24, 2005 at 12:56 PM Post #10 of 13
These phones have been the same price at B&H for more than a year. I bought mine at the same price from B&H in the store.

May 24, 2005 at 1:57 PM Post #11 of 13
if you go to the headphone section of bhphotovideo.com and change the layout to show headphones "high to low" in prices. the K501's priced at $199.99 fall between headphones priced $142.95 and $147.00. same with AKG K240DF which are also supposedly priced at $199.99.

May 24, 2005 at 9:12 PM Post #13 of 13
When I first joined Head-Fi, over three years ago, I picked up a pair of K501's from Musician's Friend on a closeout for $79. At the time, retail was $149, and normal street price was $119. My guess is that my price was somewhere close to cost for them.

Since I didn't have a decent amp at the time, I sold them for what I paid. Even if I wanted a pair now, I'd have a hard time justifying the current prices, just because of that.

No point here. Just an old man making a comment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back