good computer speakers?
post-7598549
Thread Starter
Post #1 of 8

BTFbossman

Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 16, 2010
Messages
60
Reaction score
10
Joined
Nov 16, 2010
Posts
60
Likes
10
Hey guys just another quick question...my speakers are dying and i need a new set im not looking for a sub cause i have one so just the 2 main speakers is all ...I was really looking into Swan speakers but i couldnt find them anywhere...So if anyone could help me here it would be greatly appreciated. Oh also my price range is anywhere from free to i dont want to go much more than $175 thanks guys
 
     Share This Post       
post-7599121
Post #2 of 8

-y0-

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
902
Reaction score
26
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Posts
902
Likes
26
I have the Audioengine 2 and it's been great, much better then the M-Audio AV40 that I had before it.
 
     Share This Post       
post-7599315
Post #3 of 8

BTFbossman

Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 16, 2010
Messages
60
Reaction score
10
Joined
Nov 16, 2010
Posts
60
Likes
10


Quote:
I have the Audioengine 2 and it's been great, much better then the M-Audio AV40 that I had before it.


what would your opinion on using a home theater stereo receiver to power some polk audio II speakers? I would use a fiber optic cable to run from my computer the the receiver 
 
     Share This Post       
post-7600312
Post #4 of 8

-y0-

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
902
Reaction score
26
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Posts
902
Likes
26


Quote:
what would your opinion on using a home theater stereo receiver to power some polk audio II speakers? I would use a fiber optic cable to run from my computer the the receiver 

I would imagine that'd be good but not sure since I've never tried it.
 
 
     Share This Post       
post-7600772
Post #5 of 8

Kudos

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
133
Reaction score
13
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Posts
133
Likes
13
And if you are still looking for Swans, The Audio Insider is where you want to be.
 
     Share This Post       
post-7601046
Post #6 of 8

alexk400

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 11, 2011
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Joined
Jul 11, 2011
Posts
15
Likes
0
I always obsessed with good sound especially from my pc. i think i have solution for your needs. if you have budget of 500bucks u can have great system.
 
     Share This Post       
post-7601057
Post #7 of 8

alexk400

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 11, 2011
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Joined
Jul 11, 2011
Posts
15
Likes
0
http://forum.chip.co.id/hivi-swans-speakers/158091-hivi-swan-m50w-high-end-2-1-active-desktop-speaker.html
+ 24bit 192khz sound card.
 
if u want to tinker more...just replace satellite with vintage celestion ditton or celestion sl6
 
     Share This Post       
post-7601766
Post #8 of 8

BTFbossman

Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 16, 2010
Messages
60
Reaction score
10
Joined
Nov 16, 2010
Posts
60
Likes
10


Quote:
http://forum.chip.co.id/hivi-swans-speakers/158091-hivi-swan-m50w-high-end-2-1-active-desktop-speaker.html
+ 24bit 192khz sound card.
 
if u want to tinker more...just replace satellite with vintage celestion ditton or celestion sl6

the m50 on the audio insider is only 279...but for that price i can get a good stereo receiver and speakers and use it for a home theater system when i move into my own place....im 19 by the way not some 40 year old still living with my parents lol
 
 
     Share This Post       

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top