Good, comfy, foldable, on ear headphones without sound bleed?
Mar 3, 2011 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

wonderba

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am looking for a nice pair of comfy on ear headphones for my use, and I don't want to have them bleed sound since I don't want others to hear my music.

I want comfy ones, I find Dre's comfy but expensive, and 100 dollars is around my budget

Mar 3, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #2 of 11
Some suggestions for ya:

AKG K 430

Bereydyanmic DTX 300p

Sennheiser HD228, PX200-II

Also would over-ear headphones work for you?  I ask because there are some very credible options in your price range.

Mar 3, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #4 of 11
Some more info:
I will actually be willing to pay 120$ (generally amazon.com) for a pair and noise isolation/cancellation is not a must but it is a plus. And sorry, but I would like on ear, not over ear or in ear

And like I said, imo one of my favorite pairs that I have worn are the Dres Solo HD since they are pretty comfy and they fold in a nice pack...I know their sound is not the best and they cost a lot, but for my useage, I want just want at least a decent sounding pair but more on comfortability/foldability and silence! Also are there any headphones with a padded headband?

The useage will mainly be inside a dorm room while watching movies, listening to music, etc and I don't want to bother my roomates.

Mar 3, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #5 of 11
The SJ55s are the new model, and sound better imo. Same price as the SJ5s when they were prominent. 

Quote:
ATH-SJ5's. Way cheaper than Dre's and sound much better.

May 18, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #6 of 11
I am wondering the same thing but I'm willing to pay maybe $350 or MAYBE $400. The ER-4Ps or the Senn IE8s look good for me with IEMs but I am worried about the comfort. I have some cheap in ears that came with my Samsung Focus and they fill my ear canal on the outside (I can feel it with my finger) and after 30secs or  so it feels like I am taking off on a plane until i take them out and they pop and my earskinda pop when I take them out. Is this because of the cheapness and the rubber tips? Would Either of the ones mentioned above do this? If so, then I would like some nice, foldable over or on ear headphones around my budget, If not, IE8 vs ER4p?

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #10 of 11
Hey wonder,

+1 on the UE4000s, except that they don't fold. They are very compact already, though... Other than that they seem perfect for your criteria.

If not, you could go for the Monster DNAs. I tried them at the Apple Store for about 20 mins and came away pretty impressed - they are supraaural, they fold up nicely, they are comfortable and they actually sound pretty good. The bright blue/cyan wasn't quite to my taste, but they have other colours.

The DNAs have a moderate bass emphasis, which helps with the isolation (I think they isolate quite well, by the way), and also sport pretty decent mids. The highs are not piercing - in fact, they're not very 'present' relative to the mids and lows. I think the DNAs would be great for you, but they'll need you to stretch your budget a little bit (I'm sure you can find them on sale, their MSRP is 199). Good luck.

Jan 5, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #11 of 11
Hey wonder,

+1 on the UE4000s, except that they don't fold. They are very compact already, though... Other than that they seem perfect for your criteria.

If not, you could go for the Monster DNAs. I tried them at the Apple Store for about 20 mins and came away pretty impressed - they are supraaural, they fold up nicely, they are comfortable and they actually sound pretty good. The bright blue/cyan wasn't quite to my taste, but they have other colours.

The DNAs have a moderate bass emphasis, which helps with the isolation (I think they isolate quite well, by the way), and also sports pretty decent mids. The highs are not piercing - in fact, they're not very 'present' relative to the mids and lows. I think the DNAs would be great for you, but they'll need you to stretch your budget a little bit (I'm sure you can find them on sale, their MSRP is 199). Good luck.

It sounds like the DNAs are getting more & more compliment! Maybe I shall try it one day xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back