Good Closed Headphones to Pair with my Fiio E12 (upgrading from ATH-M50) ?
Nov 30, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #33 of 60
The only Mod i have done is the Foam Mod on the HD 558s but that doesn't really count.

I don't know if i trust myself enough to do any serious Mods.

Nov 30, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #35 of 60
The only Mod i have done is the Foam Mod on the HD 558s but that doesn't really count.

I don't know if i trust myself enough to do any serious Mods.

This is the perfect time for you to have some fun on modding! I used to worry about all those breaking and stuff but after modding some stuff... I'm kind of addicted to it!

Nov 30, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #36 of 60
  so Vaed thinks the Mad Dogs with alpha pads have good isolation or is he just saying they have better isolation than the HE-6?

Because that's not hard to pull off considering they are open design. 

I was saying the MD's have great isolation in general.  The Mad Dogs are a fully-closed design and have a good seal. I don't have the M50's to compare, but I don't think the isolation of the MD's has garnered any complaints.

Nov 30, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #37 of 60
  I was saying the MD's have great isolation in general.  The Mad Dogs are a fully-closed design and have a good seal. I don't have the M50's to compare, but I don't think the isolation of the MD's has garnered any complaints.

If you like the HE 400 for at home use, I would really recommend you get a Mad Dog!  I owned one and it isolated very well! Not to mention it was almost water tight ;3

And the E12 should be more than enough to drive it, plus if you want more bass... flip that swtich! As always you can find good deals on headphones here on head fi [used] but Dan at Mr. Speakers does offer a 7 day return policy on his headphones. So if you HATED it [sadly I ended up returning mine after 6 days] you can return it for all but the shipping cost! 

Still... the MD was a very good closed headphone! Not entirely my cup of tea but, preferanaside it's a very good headphone! Plus if you get an MD when you'r ready to upgrade from that it's only $300 to get that MD  upgraded to an AD :D 

Nov 30, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #38 of 60
  If you like the HE 400 for at home use, I would really recommend you get a Mad Dog!  I owned one and it isolated very well! Not to mention it was almost water tight ;3

And the E12 should be more than enough to drive it, plus if you want more bass... flip that swtich! As always you can find good deals on headphones here on head fi [used] but Dan at Mr. Speakers does offer a 7 day return policy on his headphones. So if you HATED it [sadly I ended up returning mine after 6 days] you can return it for all but the shipping cost! 

Still... the MD was a very good closed headphone! Not entirely my cup of tea but, preferanaside it's a very good headphone! Plus if you get an MD when you'r ready to upgrade from that it's only $300 to get that MD  upgraded to an AD :D 

Only $300... that's all? :p

Nov 30, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #43 of 60

I realy had the impression that the tp is semi open or something,

And to be honest i was going to start a thread about a closed can for my work to replace the semi akg 240mk2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back