Good Closed Back headphones for under 150 USD
Jun 30, 2015 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

CaptainUnicorn

New Head-Fier
I was considering the sennheiser hd558/598, but i really dont want an open back pair of headphones. I do not want my sound to leak out. 
Recommendations for closed back headsets? 
thanks

Jun 30, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #2 of 7
Well, you have to tell us what kind of sound signature you like. Heavy bass? Neutral sound? Bright treble?

And is there any headphone models you have experience with that you like/don't like? If so, if you can talk about that, then you can provide a frame of reference for others to understand what you are looking for :)

Jun 30, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #4 of 7
Well, you have to tell us what kind of sound signature you like. Heavy bass? Neutral sound? Bright treble?

And is there any headphone models you have experience with that you like/don't like? If so, if you can talk about that, then you can provide a frame of reference for others to understand what you are looking for
smily_headphones1.gif

Balanced sound and decent bass, but not overpowering. My headphone experience is samsung headphones that come with phones, apple headphones that come with phones, and a turtle beach (shudder) px22(i think). THe turtle beach broke, didnt like the cloth ears much.
  What will be feeding and driving these cans?  Where will you be using them?

Will be using them at home, but other people here so i dont want sound to leak out. I will be using my motherboard sound card :/

Jul 1, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #7 of 7

You might check out the ATH-M50X and the AKG K550.

How is the ear comfort on the m50x? I have big ears :/

Headphone comfort is a very individual thing.  Everyone has a different head size and shape, as well as different sensitivities and levels of sensitivity.  We can point you to headphones that are generally considered to be comfortable and mention others that have garnered complaints for being uncomfortable.  However, the only way to know for sure is to wear them yourself for a time equivalent to your longest listening session.

In this case the cans have vinyl ear pads that some people find to be quite hot during the summer.  In general it seems these cans fall into the average comfort range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back