Good, Cheap Microphone?
Jun 6, 2005 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

steel102

1000+ Head-Fier
hi guys,

So I need to get a mic for my computer. Seeing as this is an audio forum, hopefully some people have experience with this stuff. I am looking for something very cheap (preferably under $30). Now I know sound quality won't be good for that little money, but I would like something that is REMOTELY decent. I will be using it for voice and guitar stuff. As I said, quality does not have to be all that great, but I would like the best possible in that price range. I really can't go over.

I don't care if its a clip-on mic or a "regular" style mic.

all suggestions appreciated!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 7, 2005 at 2:58 AM Post #2 of 5
local stores here stock two choices, since I'm the the same market as you.

Behringer XM8500 $30
EV CO5 Cobalt $37

they're both pretty decent mikes for the price, and will beat any computer mic or headset. I think the behringer is a copy of the standard shure sm 58. Only the EV has the on/off switch. If you are recording to computer you will need an xlr->1/8 mini adaptor, unless your have a soundcard with an xlr in that is.

Jun 7, 2005 at 5:28 PM Post #3 of 5
should get better exposure here.

BTW-have you considered DIY using the panasonic mic capsules ?
Capable of decent results and available in both omni and uni patterns

Jun 8, 2005 at 1:16 AM Post #5 of 5
er no. I will just be sticking it straight into my audigy 1 sound card (i know its a POS :\ ). It has both 1/4" and 1/8" mic ins.

thanks for the recommendations pne, I will check them out.

I have not considered DIY because I have not done many DIY projects at all -- only building computers and soldering a mod chip into an xbox. but those are simple and I think that building a mic would be way over my head. plus I don't really have the time..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back