Good CD player/transport for 400-600
Mar 21, 2007 at 2:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

kool bubba ice

Headphoneus Supremus
My 595 broke a day after I got my DAC1. I was very pleased how well the DAC1 scaled when I A/B my DVD player & 595 with the same music.. I have no problem buying used..I seen a Music hall CD player 25.2 new for 400.00 on Audiogon..I have no clue about good CD players..

Mar 21, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #2 of 9
I got my new MH Maverick from Audio Advisor: they had a really great price for it. Not sure if their deal on the 25.2 is as good, but they're pretty good to deal with. Only thing about their website is that they don't really let you create an account and track your order: you have to call them and ask the order status.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo...ber=MHCD25%2E2

Mar 21, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #3 of 9
I'm really satisfied with my MH 25.2 as a CD transport. I've been using it for 1.5 years with no problems. It is a VERY solidly built player, especially for the price. $400 is a good deal. I paid $550 for it back in late 2005. Now they are going for $600.

Mar 21, 2007 at 4:13 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my new MH Maverick from Audio Advisor: they had a really great price for it. Not sure if their deal on the 25.2 is as good, but they're pretty good to deal with. Only thing about their website is that they don't really let you create an account and track your order: you have to call them and ask the order status.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo...ber=MHCD25%2E2

I guess you didn't pay close attention to their writeup
smily_headphones1.gif

"A coaxial digital output lets you use the Maverick as a quality SACD/CD transport with an outboard DAC (though we doubt you'll even be tempted)."

Heheh! I guess you were tempted eh?
tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by newguru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess you didn't pay close attention to their writeup
smily_headphones1.gif

"A coaxial digital output lets you use the Maverick as a quality SACD/CD transport with an outboard DAC (though we doubt you'll even be tempted)."

Heheh! I guess you were tempted eh?
tongue.gif

I know....that false advertising for the Maverick was bad
frown.gif
I already had the DAC-1 and reading that made me think it was possible to have SACD digital output. That lasted for just a couple hours until I heard back from Head-Fi that nope, SACD transport doesn't really exist (at least not easily). The MH players have good redbook by themselves....but it just improves with the DAC-1!
icon10.gif

Mar 21, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of the two listed in my sig maybe?
tongue.gif

I already looked..
wink.gif
But you aren't willing to sale until May right? I doubt I could wait that long..If I do buy one of your players I would just pick it up at your work if thats cool...Could pay you inperson too.. I do have questions though..

Mar 21, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of the two listed in my sig maybe?
tongue.gif

I'm also intersted in your GS-1..It mated very well with your AKG 701..& I have my own pair now..I'd have no problem paying 629.00..I'm in the process of selling my Modded 10-3 with upgraded power supply.. So the wait till May is probally best.. I'll just PM you when you are ready to accept PM's..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back