Good amp for the SR225's
Feb 19, 2009 at 9:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

cakeman

100+ Head-Fier
I will be ordering these soon. I have SR60's at the moment.
Whats a good amp for these babies?
Keep it under 100USD

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #2 of 9
Honestly, with Grado Prestige Series I would not bother with a $100 or less amp. They do pretty well straight out of a hp jack.

Now if you are a very hands-on person with soldering skills, a Millet Starving Student DIY would be a good way to go.

If it were me, I'd sock the Benjamin away, save up another one and get a better amp than $100 will net. At $200 there are much more and better options available.

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by cswann1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly, with Grado Prestige Series I would not bother with a $100 or less amp. They do pretty well straight out of a hp jack.

Now if you are a very hands-on person with soldering skills, a Millet Starving Student DIY would be a good way to go.

If it were me, I'd sock the Benjamin away, save up another one and get a better amp than $100 will net. At $200 there are much more and better options available.

Ignore what he just said.

The Little Dot I+ amp has great synergy with the Grado series, and with the option to "tube roll," you can shape the resulting sound to your preference.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #4 of 9
I was looking for a portable amp though.
Meh How would the t4 work?

Feb 19, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #7 of 9
i would also recommend the headroom total airhead. it's small,mobile and sound great with all cans i tried it with. it cost aproximately 99 $.
you can search it here in the forums or go to the headroom site.
good luck mate!

Feb 19, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #8 of 9
Why not go for the Fii0 E5? Cheap. Rechargeable. Loudness function if you think you need it. Cute. And disposable (can't change out the battery, but it is cheap). I like mine. I use it with my Grado 325i (sometimes), but mostly with my Yuin PK1's.

Cheers.

Feb 19, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by yashicaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not go for the Fii0 E5? Cheap. Rechargeable. Loudness function if you think you need it. Cute. And disposable (can't change out the battery, but it is cheap). I like mine. I use it with my Grado 325i (sometimes), but mostly with my Yuin PK1's.

Do you find that the E5 softens the higher frequencies of your 325i? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back