Good all around iems with great isolation<$100USD
Feb 14, 2009 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

InfiniteZr0

Head-Fier
Hi guys. My old phones broke.
So I'm in the market for new headphones to use on the go and in public.
I listen to all kinds of music: rap, rock, pop, acoustic you name it.(Actually don't name it
smily_headphones1.gif

So I'm looking for headphones that can deliver on across the board.

But one I need is good isolation. I'm going to be using these in silent areas like libraries and study areas. So I want to be able to listen to them as loud as possible(unless it'll make my ears bleed) without disturbing people around me.

I'm mostly looking into iems, but low profile cans can work, too(if those exist)
And I'm trying to spend <$100 USD
I can go above $100 if it's REALLY worth it though.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 15, 2009 at 10:57 AM Post #4 of 13
I know the Etymotics (ER6i) has the best isolation but if you are going to listen to rap then you probably should avoid them. Unless, you will be carrying a portable amp around.

The Sennheiser CX series? They are canalphones so they have noise isolation but it is not supreme like the Etymotics that go deep in your ear.

If you are studying in the library, the Sennheiser CX series should be good enough for isolation, imo. If you were to listen to the Senn CX on public transit then isolation may not be enough.

Feb 15, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #5 of 13
How about the RE2s? Great value for money. Although they tend to lack bass somewhat. So maybe not so great for bassy music

Feb 15, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by InfiniteZr0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wondering how the isolation is on those.
It's very important for me

Though they (CK7) don't keep the noise out very good they do keep your music inside your head. If you truly want good isolation go for the Westone UM1 for $109 (or ER6i but as said they don't pair well with rap music)

Feb 17, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #9 of 13
If you don't mind tiny thin bass then go with the high fidelity ER6i's. I have only experienced CX's and ER6's so I really cannot suggest anything else.

Do you plan on getting a portable amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back