GOOD ADVICE
May 28, 2004 at 12:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

PrinceV

New Head-Fier
well. first let me give thanks to the people who recommend the koss ksc35. They sound great. Havent even burned them in and already make my old headphones (which i thought were good) seem like thrash. However i have a little problem. I notice that when i add some more pressure so as to push the phones closer to my ears they sound even better and now im thinking how i can make this work. Now I noticed that my old headphones being Neckband type, apply a good pressure so as to really connect my ears to the phone and now i started to think is it possible to change the drivers on the ksc35 and put them on my old headphones so i can have my old neckband style and fit while keeping the quality..

May 28, 2004 at 1:09 AM Post #2 of 12
Why not return the KSC-35's and get the PortaPro? It's the exact same driver, but in a standard headband style (and it's also said to sound better than the KSC-35's).

May 28, 2004 at 1:12 AM Post #3 of 12
im not really much of an audio phile. but in this case i dont like the LOOK of the portapro so much. YES GUYS. I DISLIKE THE LOOK
600smile.gif

May 28, 2004 at 1:26 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrinceV
im not really much of an audio phile. but in this case i dont like the LOOK of the portapro so much. YES GUYS. I DISLIKE THE LOOK
600smile.gif

have you seen grado headphones or the akg k1000?

May 28, 2004 at 1:29 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

i dont think they use the portapro drivers + i dont want to pay s&h to send these back. + have to wait more time

They do use the portapro drivers, and you can buy them in-store for 20, and you could just sell the 35s here if you wanted.

May 28, 2004 at 1:59 AM Post #10 of 12
well.. it looks like i wasnt adjusting the headphones right. NOW THEY SOUND hardly different then when i add a bit of pressure.. btw. what can i say
THESE HEADPHONES ROCK!!! SUPER COMFORTABLE.. HQ and now i can finally let my head my head back (A liberty neckband phones dont have)

May 28, 2004 at 2:36 AM Post #11 of 12
Yeah, Koss's system is weird, seeing how they also charge 50 for the portapros.
I had an inkling that you might not have had them on right, most people I let use my 35s don't.
I usually pull my ear out and then wrap the clip around it as much as possible.

May 28, 2004 at 8:19 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

well.. it looks like i wasnt adjusting the headphones right. NOW THEY SOUND hardly different then when i add a bit of pressure.. btw. what can i say
THESE HEADPHONES ROCK!!! SUPER COMFORTABLE.. HQ and now i can finally let my head my head back (A liberty neckband phones dont have)

It also took me a couple weeks before I figured how to adjust them correctly
wink.gif

And the Porta Pro do use the same drivers and they really sound like the KSC35 being pressed towards your ears -> more bass, less refinement, less balanced sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back