Good $50 cans for portable listning on my sony D-CJ501 ?
Apr 2, 2004 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

iiB

New Head-Fier
Hello, Im a newbe in evrything revolving headphones.

I am not setsfied from my sony G63 street style headphones (I bought those back in the time I didn't know what im doing, now I know better to ask
wink.gif
I wish to buy a better pair of cans, I have 50$ (hard limit) to spend on them. its not much diffrence to me if they are sealed or open as long as they dont output too much noise to the serounding area at modertly high volume.

they are to be "driven" from my Sony D-CJ501 MP3 discman if anyone have any exprince with it.

Thank you for your advice.

Apr 2, 2004 at 7:14 PM Post #2 of 9
I forgot to mention.
I mostly Listen to diffrent kinds Metal music. From melodic (Nightwish) Progresive (Symphony X) Power (Pearl Jam) to just plain hard (System of a down).

Apr 2, 2004 at 9:28 PM Post #3 of 9
Grado SR60s are perfect for your musical preference, but they are alittle over your budget. You could alternatively go for ksc-35, porta pro, ksc 50/55, a cheaper and more portable route, but the grados sound much better.

Apr 2, 2004 at 11:32 PM Post #5 of 9
I had the V6, they are closed, it doesnt leak unelss you listen at extreme volumes. However, I hated the V6, they were uncomfortable, soundstage was just not there. I feel the exaggerated bass has no place in rock music. They were awesome movie or rap headphones on the cheap.

Apr 2, 2004 at 11:53 PM Post #7 of 9
Well, the KSC-55 is all I could find online here (Im from Israel). and the price is really outragous for its corasponding price at the US. for instance adding a litle more would buy me Sennheiser HD 212 which I hear are better and sealed, but I dont think I can drive.

Gardo is out of the question becouse they are not imported to here...

Apr 3, 2004 at 1:05 AM Post #8 of 9
hd212's are actually fairly easy to drive from portables

Users who are viewing this thread

Back