1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Good ~$350 Around-the-ear, Closed-type headphones?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jd1993, Dec 11, 2012.
  1. JD1993
    I'm looking for some good closed back headphones that I could wear around the house and outside. Size isn't really a huge issue for me as I won't really be running or doing any excessive or strenuous movement with them. I listen to pretty much all types of music, so a more well-rounded pair of headphones would be better. I don't really want any recession of mids, or any forward bass or treble. Also, imaging and soundstage are a big deal to me. I already looked at the Audio Technica ATH-M50's, and I liked them, but they didn't really fit what I wanted. I was looking at the Beyerdynamic DT770 (250 ohms as I have a FiiO e17 that I trust can run it), and they seemed nice to me, but I don't like to rush into buying a pair of headphones without looking at a few. If you have any recommendations, please let me know.

EDIT: I am also looking at the Ultrasone HFI-780 S-Logic Surround Sound Professional Headphones. If you have these, please tell me if they're any good or not?

EDIT: I've just expanded my budget to around $350. Any new recommendations?

2. Marximus
    SoundMAGIC HP100s are killer for the price.