Golly, New Bose Headphones
Jul 24, 2002 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

KR...

Curator of the Headphone Lust Museum
TriPort™ Headphones

Product highlights:

• TriPort™ headphone technology enables deep, full bass not commonly found in headphones.
• Acoustic equalization delivers rich, impressive sound for music on the go.
• Lightweight design and soft ear cushions provide extraordinary comfort and portability.
• Plug in to your portable CD player, MP3 player, computer or other audio source for superior sound.

nb_triport_blue.jpg

[size=small]$149[/size]

http://www.bose.com/products/headphones/triport/

Jul 24, 2002 at 11:59 PM Post #3 of 30
now jlo mein, we had better give them the benefit of the doubt. I'll bet that headphone costs at least a full dollar to produce.
wink.gif

Jul 25, 2002 at 12:19 AM Post #4 of 30
Bose's MSRP: $149

My estimate of how much it's worth (maximum): $29.99

(That is, its sound quality is comparable to an el-cheapo Sennheiser HD202 headphone. I want to pay $29.95, NOT $149, for those Boses!!!)
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 25, 2002 at 12:59 AM Post #5 of 30
I saw someone on the train with them the other day. Kind of interesting looking phones, I guess. I was going to ask him how they were, but I figured it would be no use what with it's undoubtedly superb noise cancelling abilities.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 25, 2002 at 1:15 AM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
TriPort™ Headphones

When I read "TriPort" I thought they would have three earcups or something. I'm really disappointed.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 12, 2002 at 4:10 PM Post #7 of 30
At Best Buy, I tried the Bose TriPort headphones yesterday. (They only now started carrying those.) Unfortunately, they just didn't provide enough isolation for me. My Sennheiser HD 280 PRO's isolate more than those crappy-looking Bose 'phones. Sound-wise, I couldn't tell you anything at all whatsoever about the Bose 'phones, because there was no source at all connected to the 'phones. But I do believe that due to their smallish size and cheap construction, expect them to sound no better than a $30 pair of decent closed headphones.

Oct 12, 2002 at 7:38 PM Post #8 of 30
Saw these listed through Hammacher Schlemmer, note the price.

Bose® Noise-Cancelling® Headset.
A Hammacher Schlemmer exclusive, this headset offers full-spectrum noise reduction and exceptional listening comfort—the result of 20 years of research and development. The headset employs patented acoustic noise cancelling technologies originally pioneered by Bose® for use by military personnel and private pilots. Passengers in jet planes are exposed to sound pressure levels between 75 and 84 dBA. Research studies have confirmed a correlation between noise, human fatigue and symptoms of stress, proving that these typical cabin noise levels can severely affect the way people feel. Popular Science reports that this innovative Bose technology “reduced background noise of 84 decibels—the cruising sound pressure level of a Boeing aircraft—to a point at which the hushed dialogue…could easily be heard.“ The headset is also ideal for use daily to reduce background office noise or the clatter of a commuter train. It can also be used for in-flight movies and with various other audio sources (CDs, DVD, or FM broadcasts). Microphones in the earcups monitor sound at the user’s ear. An out-of-phase signal is produced by the speaker in each earcup to reduce the noise you do not want to hear. Comfortable ear cushions enhance the feel of wearing the headset for extended periods. Each ergonomically designed earcup swivels into perfect position to fit the ear. Includes an extension cord, adapters for airline audio jacks and a home stereo and a belt clip for the control box. Operates for 80 hou rs on two AAA batteries (included). 8 1/2” H x 6 1/2” W (7.5 oz.)

Item 61989 ........................ $299.95

Oct 12, 2002 at 10:22 PM Post #9 of 30
i cant believe that bose can get away with their theivery! we need to start spam=mailing them. what are their email addresses?

its all the advertising. GRR!
mad.gif
mad.gif

Oct 12, 2002 at 11:58 PM Post #11 of 30
I've read an article about the new Porsche and one of the selling points of the car is the Bose stereo system.
eek.gif

So marketing wise, Bose must be something.

Oct 13, 2002 at 12:17 AM Post #12 of 30
I heard that Bose is renaming these the "Bose 901" headphones and raising the price to $249.95 ($495 for Hammacher Schlemmer customers). They're also reviving Hellen Keller as their spokeswoman and to provide first hand celebrity testimonial.

Oct 13, 2002 at 12:26 AM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by bifcake
I heard that Bose is renaming these the "Bose 901" headphones and raising the price to $249.95 ($495 for Hammacher Schlemmer customers). They're also reviving Hellen Keller as their spokeswoman and to provide first hand celebrity testimonial.

LOL ! You're a sick puppy...
tongue.gif

Psst, you can get them for only $399 at the Sharper Image
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2002 at 1:33 AM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by Aboogwa
Has anyone actually heard these headphones?

I heard them last week at The Good Guys. Not exactly the best environment, but good enough to tell that these are worth nowhere near $150
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back