Goldring DR100 with glasses?
Nov 7, 2008 at 6:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Angilion

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to buy a new set of headphones for use on my PC. Gaming, TV and music (a wide range...I have an eclectic taste in music). They'll be connected to an X-Fi soundcard. I'm looking for what might be described as "the higher part of the budget end of the market". Under £40...but that's not much use to people outside the UK, as prices vary between countries.

Having looked and asked around, I'm currently thinking of buying Goldring DR100.

There's a possible problem that I can't find information on - what are they like when wearing glasses? I have read a couple of people saying that these headphones fit tightly to your head ('head squeeze of death', as one person wrote) and that would not be good with glasses.

So...any bespectacled DR100 users here? I'm also open to recommendations for other headphones at around the same price.

Nov 7, 2008 at 10:14 AM Post #2 of 7
I think all headphones are less comfortable in some degree when wearing glasses.
It really depends on what kind of frame your glasses have and how well the pressure is divided when you wear them.
Big soft pads help too to alleviate discomfort.

Nov 8, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #3 of 7
I close my eyes when listening to headphones. Why would someone want to wear glasses?
confused_face(1).gif
confused_face(1).gif
:confused_face (1):
confused_face(1).gif
popcorn.gif

Nov 8, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I close my eyes when listening to headphones. Why would someone want to wear glasses?
confused_face(1).gif
confused_face(1).gif
:confused_face (1):
confused_face(1).gif
popcorn.gif

Watching TV, watching a film and playing a game each pretty much requires me to have my eyes open.

I have speakers, amp, etc, but I also have neighbours and shiftwork. Using the speakers when gaming or watching in the middle of the night wouldn't be fair on my neighbours. I'd prefer the surround sound from my speakers and I certainly spent long enough arranging the speakers and my desk to get it sounding right, but I'm using headphones nearly all of the time.

Nov 9, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Angilion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry, I skipped over the TV and gaming requirements you qualifiied. I found the DR150 tight on the noggin for the first few weeks but they eventually loosen up a bit. They will tend to squash the glasses into your skull for a while. For comfort, the DT800 are hard to beat, and provide a bit of isolation from outside noise.

Nov 9, 2008 at 11:43 AM Post #7 of 7
I wear glasses while listening to my Goldring DR150 a lot and I have no problems. The DR150 and DR100 have practically the same shape. The docs don't really press my frames against my head so there's no discomfort.

The fit should loosen up pretty quick as you wear them. I have an average sized head and it's one of my most comfortable headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back