GoldPlanar GL2000 Thread
Feb 10, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #151 of 560
Subjectively these seem pretty easy to drive and sound great right out of my laptop. Much easier to drive than my HE500’s but do scale well with improved amplification (THX 789 AAA)

Feb 11, 2021 at 3:58 AM Post #152 of 560
Do they match better with tubes or solid state amps?

Feb 11, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #153 of 560
@adityadubey if you don’t mind me asking but where did you order them from and do you know what import charges (if any) you are expecting to incur?

I live just outside London so I will also be interested to know how long they take to ship in case I decide to purchase them if your report back is positive (which I expect it will be). I know the Kann Alpha has a high gain option which is meant to be enough to power headphones such as these but it would be useful to get some qualitative feedback first 👍🏻

I picked them up from Aliexpress. I guess we'll find out about import costs when I receive them (or a note from DHL). In terms of shipping I'd say be prepared for anywhere from a week to a month. Espeically given that this week culminates in the Lunar New Year and will likely have some hangover next week, plus the Covid-19 and Brexit disruptions to shipping have also been compounded by weather - i.e., my shipment has been sitting in Leipzig for 2 days because of adverse weather. Just waiting to receive them and try them out.

Feb 11, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #154 of 560
I picked them up from Aliexpress. I guess we'll find out about import costs when I receive them (or a note from DHL). In terms of shipping I'd say be prepared for anywhere from a week to a month. Espeically given that this week culminates in the Lunar New Year and will likely have some hangover next week, plus the Covid-19 and Brexit disruptions to shipping have also been compounded by weather - i.e., my shipment has been sitting in Leipzig for 2 days because of adverse weather. Just waiting to receive them and try them out.

Thank you for your response, that's where I am looking at the moment - a seller called DD Audio Store who I've bought from before. I'll hold off buying for now until I have seen your feedback

Feb 11, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #155 of 560
That's where I ordered from. To be fair I only ordered last Friday and they shipped on Saturday, so we're still not a week out which is completely reasonable - just that there are plenty of factors which might delay it - my Fiio BTR5 took like 4 weeks.

Feb 11, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #156 of 560
That's where I ordered from. To be fair I only ordered last Friday and they shipped on Saturday, so we're still not a week out which is completely reasonable - just that there are plenty of factors which might delay it - my Fiio BTR5 took like 4 weeks.
I ordered from them during the original lockdown when the postal system was most impacted and it only took 2 weeks so it shouldn't be any longer than that. Hopefully you'll receive th headphones at the weekend, I guess it depends on the carrier (where I have found DPD to be the most efficient and reliable service)

Feb 11, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #157 of 560
Well, just received email from Drop. And as we know Drop, it never disappoints. In short, they suppose to start shipping on Feb.10 (at least batch I was part of) and now they kindly have pushed that date, conveniently by at least a month. So, this is my last time buying from that incompetent place.
Not sure how they still stay in business???

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #158 of 560
Well, just received email from Drop. And as we know Drop, it never disappoints. In short, they suppose to start shipping on Feb.10 (at least batch I was part of) and now they kindly have pushed that date, conveniently by at least a month. So, this is my last time buying from that incompetent place.
Not sure how they still stay in business???
I think the problem is that demand always outweighs supply as far as Drop is concerned. This is why I have never purchased from them, although I am sure this is not always the case. I know of people who have waited months to receive items from them (the Drop Pandas being one example).

The problem with the GL2000s is the hype they've received across the hifi community which has driven demand through the roof and meant the manufacturer has had to increase production to cope with the demand. I just hope that doesn't cause QC issues further down the line!

Feb 11, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #159 of 560
I think the problem is that demand always outweighs supply as far as Drop is concerned. This is why I have never purchased from them, although I am sure this is not always the case. I know of people who have waited months to receive items from them (the Drop Pandas being one example).

The problem with the GL2000s is the hype they've received across the hifi community which has driven demand through the roof and meant the manufacturer has had to increase production to cope with the demand. I just hope that doesn't cause QC issues further down the line!

I bought my GL2000's on Amazon. They shipped a month ahead of schedule, plus Amazon has a way better return policy than Drop. Also, Linsoul has a local warehouse in the US, so you also don't need to worry about customs if you need to return the headphones via Amazon.

Feb 11, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #160 of 560
I bought my GL2000's on Amazon. They shipped a month ahead of schedule, plus Amazon has a way better return policy than Drop. Also, Linsoul has a local warehouse in the US, so you also don't need to worry about customs if you need to return the headphones via Amazon.
How long did it take from day you ordered to delivery? I’m sick of Drop. Even if it costs me more, they’re done.

Feb 11, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #161 of 560
How long did it take from day you ordered to delivery? I’m sick of Drop. Even if it costs me more, they’re done.

I ordered from drop some other items (not the GL2k’s; I went to linsoul for those and they arrived within a couple weeks), and Drop takes way too long to ship. Even cheaper items you would think they had many of.

Feb 11, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #162 of 560
If I knew “Amaz” was selling them, I wouldn’t have set myself for predictable disappointment...... again. Thanks.

Feb 11, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #163 of 560
Do they match better with tubes or solid state amps?

Depends on what you like.

They have such outstanding clarity.....so, it could be that tubes would add body to their crystal transparency.
ON the other hand......lets say you are a fan of the Abyss sound..
You like your music X-Ray'd. So, in that case, a very Linear amp like the Matrix I-3 would be a good supply line because this DacAmp delivers so much texture.
If you feel the need to add some sultry richness to all this resolute clarity as provided by the GL2000s, then get a Class "A" amp, like the RebelAmp, which will shine the clarity with a touch of harmonic richness.

Feb 11, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #164 of 560

Ordered them on Amazon on January 16th. Received them January 29th. Plus, unlike Drop, you can actually return them if you don't like them. The restocking fee on Amazon is less than if you bought from Linsoul direct, plus they have a warehouse in the US for Amazon orders, so you don't need to worry about customs if you want to send them back.

Given how good these headphones are, I doubt you'll return them, lol.

Feb 12, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #165 of 560
Woohoo! Mine got delivered this morning, no extra import charges (I paid £480 for them on Aliexpress), DHL just dropped it off. So that's exactly a week since I ordered! Unfortunately I have a super busy work day today so won't be able to really listen to them until later in the day / over the weekend. Will test them out and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back