GoldPlanar GL2000 Thread
May 28, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #511 of 560
Who else ordered those Aliexpress Sheepskin Pads? I just got mine today and they instantly became my favorite pads to use on my GL2000.
They replace the Brainwavz XL, which while they were good, they don't have the bass impact that the Sheepskins do. Treble stays relatively tamed as well, even though I run modded with no tuning filters.

If you're referring to the pads I talked about in THIS post and THIS post, then I 100% agree. I can't go back to any other pad I own after using them. I like the size and thickness so much for the GL2000 that I currently have a set of custom order alcantara pads being made by Vesper Audio to the exact same specs of these sheepskin pads. I'm really curious to find out how they'll compare.

May 28, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #512 of 560
If you're referring to the pads I talked about in THIS post and THIS post, then I 100% agree. I can't go back to any other pad I own after using them. I like the size and thickness so much for the GL2000 that I currently have a set of custom order alcantara pads being made by Vesper Audio to the exact same specs of these sheepskin pads. I'm really curious to find out how they'll compare.
Yep, I bought them off your recommendation. I went with 110 and 120mm and decided on the 110 for now. Great pads.

May 28, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #515 of 560
Wait so which size should I get? 110 or 120? Or split the difference and 115? I want them to go on easy with no modding or cutting.

All 3 sizes will easily go on the GL2000 without any cutting or modding. My advice would be to go with the one that has the inner ear dimension that best suits your ear size.

Sep 7, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #522 of 560
I ended up going back in the headphones before the weekend, here are a few pics. I have the felt lining the side of the interior of the cup in between the driver mounts, headband clips, and hole for the jack. And then I have the surround of the driver itself also lined with some felt. It really helped with some slight rattle/reverberations during sub bass notes and the vocals sound slightly warmer. Only thing left to do is play with the materials over both sides of the driver.

2021-05-20 (3).jpg
2021-05-20 (2).jpg
2021-05-20 (1).jpg
2021-05-20.jpg
thanks for these photos , i managed to mod my pair . i got some dekoni nuggets to build up the headband coz this guys is big even for the smallest setting . i also bought the ali express ear pads 120mm . i bought sorbothane sheet with adhesive 40 duro 0.10mm thickness , i cut a hair bigger than 1/2 inch to seal the earcups instead of the felt strips. i might seal it too with blu tack but the way it sits im not sure if it will help. i removed the paper that sticks to the driver and removed one of the two paper to protect the earcups from dust . So far the headphone is banging , very detailed , has a lot of air , its slamming and tight .
i pair it with xduoo ta10r and also the topping e20/l30 combo.
so far im so staisfied and i sold the hifiman anada.

Sep 7, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #523 of 560
thanks for these photos , i managed to mod my pair . i got some dekoni nuggets to build up the headband coz this guys is big even for the smallest setting . i also bought the ali express ear pads 120mm . i bought sorbothane sheet with adhesive 40 duro 0.10mm thickness , i cut a hair bigger than 1/2 inch to seal the earcups instead of the felt strips. i might seal it too with blu tack but the way it sits im not sure if it will help. i removed the paper that sticks to the driver and removed one of the two paper to protect the earcups from dust . So far the headphone is banging , very detailed , has a lot of air , its slamming and tight .
i pair it with xduoo ta10r and also the topping e20/l30 combo.
so far im so staisfied and i sold the hifiman anada.

Nice! Post some pics up of the mods if you get the chance.

Sep 7, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #524 of 560
man i did not get the chance to take some photos but itcertainly looks like the mod u have except i lined mine with the sorbothane sheet . i did manage to try to seal the gaps with blu tack and put more sorbothane thin ones this time around the outer earcups 0.04mm.
im enjoying this pair really and i sold the hifiman anada . im all set for now .

Sep 20, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #525 of 560
almost done , the gl2000 sounds great modded. I'm just waiting for my xlr cables and balanced headphone cable. time to enjoy the music........
20210920_175727.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back