Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 28, 2023 at 7:35 PM Post #50,551 of 62,035
Haven't decided if I am crazy or not yet... My phone plan ended so I was no longer paying for a phone. My Mom decided to buy a Samsung Fold 4. I have been peeking at phones for a while but one of my hangups is that they no longer have a memory slot for most brands. So I was looking at getting a 256GB phone at minimum. But almost every phone from the Cell providers have only 128GB. So, I am browsing the models I could get without switch companies as I like the price/service/data plans from the company I have been using. Right at the bottom they had a "Like New" (buyer's remorse return) Galaxy Fold 4, 256GB for $35 a month for 2 years interest free...

So, I have a Galaxy Z Fold 4 coming in...

I worry a bit about the weight bothering me and I am hunting down good protective case as we speak. Debating between a tank case like Supcase or Spigen Armour or whether I should go with a Samsung original case. Watching case reviews, I like the ones with a strap to help hold the phone. BUt I also like some of the ones that hold the pen... LOL. So I have a new obsession for the next day or 2 :).

I did realize an issue though! I like to listen to music while I excercise but this phone is going be wayyyyy to big. Then wait what about my Samsung 4 watch... So now headed to gym with my watched loaded with music and will use that as my music player while working out and running :).

Have to hand it to Samsung, it was easy as pie to get my GB2P setup on the watch and trandering 6GB of music was also super easy. So I am steadily drinking that Samsung coolaid... LOL

Jan 28, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #50,552 of 62,035
Haven't decided if I am crazy or not yet... My phone plan ended so I was no longer paying for a phone. My Mom decided to buy a Samsung Fold 4. I have been peeking at phones for a while but one of my hangups is that they no longer have a memory slot for most brands. So I was looking at getting a 256GB phone at minimum. But almost every phone from the Cell providers have only 128GB. So, I am browsing the models I could get without switch companies as I like the price/service/data plans from the company I have been using. Right at the bottom they had a "Like New" (buyer's remorse return) Galaxy Fold 4, 256GB for $35 a month for 2 years interest free...

I worry a bit about the weight bothering me and I am hunting down good protective case as we speak. Debating between a tank case like Supcase or Spigen Armour or whether I should go with a Samsung original case. Watching case reviews, I like the ones with a strap to help hold the phone. BUt I also like some of the ones that hold the pen... LOL. So I have a new obsession for the next day or 2 :).

I did realize an issue though! I like to listen to music while I excercise but this phone is going be wayyyyy to big. Then wait what about my Samsung 4 watch... So now headed to gym with my watched loaded with music and will use that as my music player while working out and running :).

Have to hand it to Samsung, it was easy as pie to get my GB2P setup on the watch and trandering 6GB of music was also super easy. So I am steadily drinking that Samsung coolaid... LOL
Ya you’re crazy.

Couldn’t resist :)

Jan 28, 2023 at 8:22 PM Post #50,553 of 62,035
Anyone else hoping the upcoming S23 Ultra in 2 weeks will feature aptX Adaptive support at the very least? Seems highly unlikely considering it's a custom Samsung SDG2 chipset which likely means no advanced aptX codec support, just vanilla aptX and SSC. I still haven't found a worthy flagship upgrade over my LG V60 that makes my Noble FoKus Pro sound so good over aptX Adaptive/Tidal HiFi - I've tried the ROG 6 Pro but it's plagued by Asus' forced DSP/EQ tuning and apparently the Sony Xperia 1-IV isn't much better.
Sennheiser and creative make a little usb c aptx adaptive receiver. I wouldn't even call it a dongle as it doesn't hang. I use one with an iPhone when I listen to Fokus Pro. Something to look into to get most out of your adaptive tws.

Jan 28, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #50,554 of 62,035
Sennheiser and creative make a little usb c aptx adaptive receiver. I wouldn't even call it a dongle as it doesn't hang. I use one with an iPhone when I listen to Fokus Pro. Something to look into to get most out of your adaptive tws.
Yeah I have the Creative one ordered as well as the Nura BT 5.3 on pre-order but I'd rather not occupy my USB-C slot with a transmitter. Still a good option to have though given how difficult it is to get a perfect flagship phone that ticks all the boxes these days without compromising on audio quality.

Jan 28, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #50,555 of 62,035
Ya you’re crazy.

Couldn’t resist :)
I know... LMAO

But a craft sneaky crazy... That phone new is $2100CAD, at $35 a month I am paying $840... :)

The real question will be whether I like it or not. 2 years on the hook if I don't... I have a feeling if I stick to a case that isn't to bulky I will get used to the added size and enjoy the extra screen size. But onky time will tell. I believe I have short window to return it if I find it's not for me.

Jan 28, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #50,556 of 62,035
I had the Fold 4 and it’s a sick device. Loved it. End of the day, went back to iOS. I’m just too invested in the ecosystem. Tried to hold out but no regrets. I think you’ll LOVE it.

Jan 28, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #50,557 of 62,035
I know... LMAO

But a craft sneaky crazy... That phone new is $2100CAD, at $35 a month I am paying $840... :)

The real question will be whether I like it or not. 2 years on the hook if I don't... I have a feeling if I stick to a case that isn't to bulky I will get used to the added size and enjoy the extra screen size. But onky time will tell. I believe I have short window to return it if I find it's not for me.
Nah I was just kidding. I love gadgets. Went out tonight with a new 75,000 lumen flashlight. My tech addiction extends beyond music

Jan 29, 2023 at 2:43 AM Post #50,558 of 62,035
Despite needing to sell some buds I went the other way and picked up the NuraTrue Pro today. Giving them a first listen now (after update and the calibration thing), so far so good, immersion on -2 and the surround sound thing on, sound pretty amazing! Compared to the ATH-TWX9 I’m not sure which ones I prefer yet.
In your photo you have the awesome Advar. I know it’s not fair for AT but how would you compare the Meze to the TWX9?
The Advar’s are brighter sounding than the TWX9 and offer up more detail (as you’d expect). Sub bass on the Advar’s is also more prominent (the TWX9 are a little lacking right down low, something I’ve noticed the NTP’s are not!). They’re extremely good though, I prefer them over my B&O EQ (not sure about EX yet), the XM4’s, Senn MTW3’s and APP1/2.

The NTP sound great over AAC however I’ve ordered the Nura 5.3 BT adapter as well.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #50,559 of 62,035
In my case btw4 in my phone vs direct phone bt with NFP: decreased volume, decreased highs, increased soundstage. It is much better with PC than phone to use.

Jan 29, 2023 at 7:39 AM Post #50,560 of 62,035
In my case btw4 in my phone vs direct phone bt with NFP: decreased volume, decreased highs, increased soundstage. It is much better with PC than phone to use.
And that was running aptx adaptive (purple)? Interesting. Definitely notice better treble detail and Soundstage on my iPhone 13 vs iOS AAC

Jan 29, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #50,562 of 62,035
How does the mystique handle busy tracks? Do instruments stay well defined and separate or does it tend to get congested/become a blob?

Jan 29, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #50,563 of 62,035

Where? My Telus contract is up soon

Jan 29, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #50,564 of 62,035
Just ordered the Fokus Mystique. First product from Noble Audio, look forward to hearing if they live up to the hype! Sucks that they didn't have anything faster than international shipping that will take 6-12 days, I would had gladly paid more for that option.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jan 29, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #50,565 of 62,035
Congrats. They're awesome. Love mine. Use them every day.
Same here
Mine are prototypes so the face plate looks different from the final product. They offer the reliability of the HANC but better sound. Charge life is amazing as well.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back