Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 20, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #50,341 of 62,071
Grabbed the ATH-TWX9 today - after I’ve tried them out will be time to sell some of my buds, have a few too many TWS now!

Jan 21, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #50,343 of 62,071
These ATH-TWX9 are really good. Comfort seems great, tip selection was plentiful (I like the medium long ones). Two albums in but so far I’m loving the non-EQ’d sound, certainly a top tier bud!

Jan 21, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #50,345 of 62,071
https://audio46.com/blogs/headphones/noble-audio-fokus-mystique-review First Mystique review, interesting. Definitely comparison to Fokus Pro would be useful.
Yep, no comparisons and zero mention of Ambient at all. It is more than just a follow up expanding on the sound as stated there. From that review, if you don't know better, you could get the idea it doesn't even have ambient. How it stacks up to the Fokus Pro and the quality of the ambient are the two main things people on here want to know.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #50,347 of 62,071
Guessing you are replying to me. I'm sure you can buy an adapter, but I've only used mine on my iPad and Mac via USB-C. If you find that iPhone adapter solution before me, let me know!

(I’m a few pages back so don’t know if someone has replied)

You need an iPhone camera adapter, of which there are two, one that lets you charge the phone at the same time and a simpler one, with just lightning on one side and usb-a on the other end. Then a usb-a to usb-c adapter. Some dongles, like the Onyx, include the latter.

Jan 21, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #50,348 of 62,071
I do not think you will see BT 5.3 that much (like BT 4.2 and BT 5.1), BT 5.4 is supposed to be this year (not going to BT 6.0).
Considering that the Galaxy buds Pro 2 as well as the airpods pro to both have 5.3 I would beg to differ. I just can't understand with it out already why any new true wireless releases wouldn't have the latest Bluetooth standard.

Jan 21, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #50,349 of 62,071
Again, because IMO it will be short lived as it does not add very much, you can also go and count on 1 hand the decent BT 5.1 earbuds (mostly cheap CHi models out there)

AFAIK it was brought out to avoid even more confusion (revisions normally stop at .2) we now have BT 5.2 earbuds/chipsets that vary widely on supported features, as some are 24/48, others 24/96 and some over and above will support Lossless then there is all the new LE/LC3 etc etc.

You last part in kind of a moot point as many of the big guns like Bose and Sony had released newer products on older BT versions well after newer version were out, they stuck to 4.1/4.2 while 5.0 was out and stuck to 5.0 when 5.1/5.2 was out and only recently jumped to 5.2/5.3 and very soon (this year) will be out hat when 5.4 arrives.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #50,350 of 62,071
(I’m a few pages back so don’t know if someone has replied)

You need an iPhone camera adapter, of which there are two, one that lets you charge the phone at the same time and a simpler one, with just lightning on one side and usb-a on the other end. Then a usb-a to usb-c adapter. Some dongles, like the Onyx, include the latter.

ddhifi do a lightning to usbc adapter so do Hidizs and others .
The AK dongle has a adapter in its package.

Jan 21, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #50,351 of 62,071
Got the Nuratrue Pro yesterday, only listened to a few albums so far but the good news is that the Kublai Khan hasn't ruined tws for me. I was worried I wouldn't be able to enjoy wireless again.

The better news is that the Nuratrue Pro is everything I've been looking for in a tws. That bass is and sub bass is next level and doesn't reduce soundstage or mids and highs. Finally have a new running tws that is significantly better (rather than incrementally better) than other pairs I've owned.

Jan 21, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #50,352 of 62,071
Got the Nuratrue Pro yesterday, only listened to a few albums so far but the good news is that the Kublai Khan hasn't ruined tws for me. I was worried I wouldn't be able to enjoy wireless again.

The better news is that the Nuratrue Pro is everything I've been looking for in a tws. That bass is and sub bass is next level and doesn't reduce soundstage or mids and highs. Finally have a new running tws that is significantly better (rather than incrementally better) than other pairs I've owned.
Good to hear. I was surprised of its performance as well when first listen to it. Especially after listening to several flagship tws, wasn't having much expectations on tws. I hope it retains its position after the new ones are released.

Jan 21, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #50,353 of 62,071
Got the Fokus Majestic in today. After a couple of hours of use I can say the fit is very comfortable, the app is easy to use and the sound is really good. Not your normal bass heavy wireless. The bass is there and you can almost feel it but it's not over bloated. I would say it's pretty neutral. Of course I prefer the more V shape sound, like that of the Orbit, when I'm working out. That might make my definition of neutral different than others. The ANC seems to work decently but I'm not one to judge seeing I'm not a fan of ANC or Ambient modes. These are a definitely a keep. Now to start clearing out the dozen other wireless IEMs. The Orbit and Majestic will be my daily users.

Jan 21, 2023 at 8:23 PM Post #50,354 of 62,071
You guys seen the new Sony??
1674350360042.png

:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back