Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 7, 2022 at 2:32 AM Post #48,646 of 61,381
I am on the fence on the MTW3 and considering another pair of xm4. currently using MTW2 anniv. edition and my xm4s are having the battery drain issues now. downgraded to 1.3.3. but i guess the damage has been done it still drains faster.

Nov 7, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #48,647 of 61,381
F*ck! I forgot the TWS9 in my pants and washed them in the machine...They're not completely dead, the earbuds seems to be working (even tho sound is a bit muffled, but should be fixed once they dry). But the case is just blinking red and is refusing to charge.

Hmm might get the MTW3 again now that Senn has released a major update for them, or maybe something cheap and just wait for next years big releases (which hopefully will mean the latest Qualcomm SoC with support for Aptx Lossless/LE-audio).
ouch. definitely feels bad. I did that with my xm4's the second day after receiving them. lol
hopefully the case will be functional after completely drying out?

Nov 7, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #48,648 of 61,381
Still experimenting with "closed" TWSs for running to replace my trusty "open" X12s...after the Bomaker SiFi II, ok but pretty "thuddy" and audio not spectacular, I tried the EarFun Free Pro 2 and they sound better (ANC off of course due to the wind noise) but don't stay in place quite as well. I've heard good things about the Jaybird Vista 2 so they're probably next. Any other suggestions?

Nov 7, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #48,649 of 61,381
Second full day with Beoplay Ex. So far, been pretty solid all around. Really enjoying how they just disappear in my ears. Have to keep checking to makes sure they are secure.

Default tips are pretty awful; using spinfits at the moment. Was a bit annoyed that they turned on ANC every time I took them out of the case. Turns out the current firmware fixes that. Still no one complaining about my audio on calls/meetings.

So far:
1. Turns out you cannot change the controls which is unfortunate.
2. Seeing the one unit draining more than the other issue. Going to run both down to 0 then see what happens.

Nov 7, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #48,650 of 61,381
Second full day with Beoplay Ex. So far, been pretty solid all around. Really enjoying how they just disappear in my ears. Have to keep checking to makes sure they are secure.

Default tips are pretty awful; using spinfits at the moment. Was a bit annoyed that they turned on ANC every time I took them out of the case. Turns out the current firmware fixes that. Still no one complaining about my audio on calls/meetings.

So far:
2. Seeing the one unit draining more than the other issue. Going to run both down to 0 then see what happens.
I tried spin fit. But could not get the TWS to make proper contact for charging when I stored them. I think it is the size which model are you using

Nov 8, 2022 at 1:18 AM Post #48,652 of 61,381

So far:
Spinfits work great with EX. Been using the CP1025 and CP360.

What do you mean current fw fixes it? I didnt know this, what fw version do you have?

Edit: ah yes. There is new fw 5.5, but not available for my device yet. Thats great news!

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2022 at 8:47 AM Post #48,653 of 61,381
A couple new ones...
https://www-phileweb-com.translate....html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US
1667914320294.png

New driver, encasing the chamber in metal to improve the sound, 92 step volume, ANC and ambient, 6 on board sound modes(3 standard and 3 Pro modes tuned by Victor studio), low latency mode. Very much seems like an improved FX30T. The earlier FX100T did have aptX at the time but this sadly is only SBC and AAC. Due on 11/17

New Aviot... https://www-phileweb-com.translate....html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US
1667914821373.png
1667914851936.png

1667915252338.png

Hybrid DD/BA with LDAC. Has ANC and multipoint Due 11/18

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #48,654 of 61,381
A couple new ones...
https://www-phileweb-com.translate....html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US

New driver, encasing the chamber in metal to improve the sound, 92 step volume, ANC and ambient, 6 on board sound modes(3 standard and 3 Pro modes tuned by Victor studio), low latency mode. Very much seems like an improved FX30T. The earlier FX100T did have aptX at the time but his sadly is only SBC and AAC. Due on 11/17

New Aviot... https://www-phileweb-com.translate....html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US

Hybrid DD/BA with LDAC. Has ANC and multipoint Due 11/18
I have high hope for the victor since I love the ha fw1000t so much. Btw, the new one have a support app when the 1000t didn't? Wt.f jvc
The aviot case look dope as hell

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #48,657 of 61,381
I have high hope for the victor since I love the ha fw1000t so much. Btw, the new one have a support app when the 1000t didn't? Wt.f jvc
The aviot case look dope as hell
I had and liked the first one. It was on par with the Senn back then from the few who had both(not me though). For about the same $150 I would think it would be a step better. Perhaps a step below the current top crop and maybe second best as far as JVC goes. Very interesting if it could beat the Kenwood. Having both the first Victor TWS and the Kenwood the Kenwood was the winner no doubt. If it still trails the Kenwood then it would place third best for SQ. I am tempted to try it against the Kenwood. Those SQ settings may just be something that synergizes well and I'm sure the ANC has to be better than the older Kenwood ANC which is early JVC ANC which makes only a slight difference and has trouble when it is windy so it can make a squelchy noise when the wind hits them a certain way.

Nov 8, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #48,658 of 61,381
I had and liked the first one. It was on par with the Senn back then from the few who had both(not me though). For about the same $150 I would think it would be a step better. Perhaps a step below the current top crop and maybe second best as far as JVC goes. Very interesting if it could beat the Kenwood. Having both the first Victor TWS and the Kenwood the Kenwood was the winner no doubt. If it still trails the Kenwood then it would place third best for SQ. I am tempted to try it against the Kenwood. Those SQ settings may just be something that synergizes well and I'm sure the ANC has to be better than the older Kenwood ANC which is early JVC ANC which makes only a slight difference and has trouble when it is windy so it can make a squelchy noise when the wind hits them a certain way.
Wait, I thought the Kenwood and jvc are the same?
So we have the Jvc and Kenwood variants with different specs and app? I feel like I am being scam now....

Nov 8, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #48,659 of 61,381
Wait, I thought the Kenwood and jvc are the same?
So we have the Jvc and Kenwood variants with different specs and app? I feel like I am being scam now....

There have been two $300+ models from JVC so far....
The FW1000T
1667938809996.png

and Kenwood WS-1ag
1667938977324.png
1667938891499.png

The Kenwood has a 10mm beryllium dynamic and an app and is very voice assistant based and has Google and Alexa variants. The Kenwood came first and only has aptX cause Adaptive wasn't out then(think it was during aptX HD and right before adaptive) but it does have wireless charging. The Kenwood, even being a bit clunky due to it's size, is my favorite TWS and I haven't bought any TWS since. The size does allow for swipes which makes volume control much better.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #48,660 of 61,381
There have been two $300+ models from JVC so far....
The FW1000T1667938809996.png

and Kenwood WS-1ag1667938977324.png1667938891499.png
The Kenwood has a 10mm beryllium dynamic and an app and is very voice assistant based and has Google and Alexa variants. The Kenwood came first and only has aptX cause Adaptive wasn't out then(think it was during aptX HD and right before adaptive) but it does have wireless charging. The Kenwood, even being a bit clunky due to it's size, is my favorite TWS and I haven't bought any TWS since. The size does allow for swipes which makes volume control much better.
I saw the kenwood one for 74$ so I will give it a try. Coming in this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back