Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 19, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #47,806 of 62,029
Sep 19, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #47,807 of 62,029
Sep 19, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #47,808 of 62,029
Not trying to enable you, but my parking lot guy had a few more if you are interested ... I can be your dealer err mule?
1663614354654.png

Sep 19, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #47,811 of 62,029
Hmm, you've given me something to think about at least!
It's a bummer if the Bose QC II sounds bad for calls, that seems surprising with their design, and I recall Bose QC Buds (1st Gen) being known for having very respectable call quality when it came out? Sure, call quality isn't highest at my list of priorities within a TWS earbud, but I've also had some very nightmarish experiences with my older TWS earbuds where I got so damn mad as soon as I took a call that was somewhere where it wasn't completely quiet and people were always like "I CAN'T HEAR YOU, I JUST HEAR EVERYBODY ELSE AROUND YOU" *cough, WF-1000XM3, cough* and I'm not exactly looking to get back to that.

I really don't like the look of the Oppo Enco X2 unfortunately, I find the Freebuds 2 Pro to look MUCH better, both the silver and the blue are gorgeous. I do like white earbuds though, but I'm not mad about the super plastic-y looking Airpods-like finish on the X2s. But I also don't trust Freebuds Pro 2 because they're tuned by Devialet, and I just find the Devialet Gemini to be one of the worst tuned buds in my collection of all time.

The only thing that bothers me about the L3P's though is that I bought my first pair for $79 completely new and now they're back up at like $120-150 where I'm at. They are worth the full retail price though, but it still stings to buy the same earbuds for almost twice the money as the first pair.
Picked up a pair for $129, 40 off retail, i can see why you'd be wary, this my first shot at the L3P's.

Sep 19, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #47,812 of 62,029
Finally got round to finishing my review on the FreeBuds Pro 2. Realised I cut about a minute on the ANC including transparency mode, one of the best features. ***.

Here it is anyway, really impressed with the sound even if the design means I'm gonna be tip rolling them until I get bored

Sep 19, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #47,814 of 62,029
Has the ANC been approved by any chance with the new FW update?
Unfortunately I don't think so. I don't think the EXs have a lot more further potential for noise cancelling/isolation anyway because the fit is so incredibly shallow in the ear. Makes them super comfy but I'm not optimistic for much further improvements on the ANC front

Sep 20, 2022 at 3:06 AM Post #47,815 of 62,029
I bought my Pro Max from a guy with a backpack full of them in a grocery store parking lot. What could go wrong?

Edit - I swore to myself I was not going to buy an iphone this time and was going to give the Fold a full run. I made it exactly 2 days after release date. The parking lot purchase is true btw.
I am still on my basic iPhone 11 from 2019 .. the ‘before’ time :wink: usually I buy new every 3 years, but I just could not get myself to buy a 14 … maybe because the 11 still does everything I want in a solid fashion (first time ever I sprang for a battery replacement) plus I can’t get an iPhone without that ridiculous force shutter sound here in Japan … I think once there comes some apple only lossless Bluetooth thingamabob standard only to new iPhones, I will give it a closer look. Otherwise I am trying to hang on for 2 more years …maybe the iPhone 16 is the first going back to rounded edges :D

Sep 20, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #47,817 of 62,029
I'll take the Rolex.
FYI, although you've probably already tried it, I switched to GBoard and my typing & swipes are 98% better. Guess that was the issue for me. Samsung's keyboard swipe and dictation is meh. GBoard and Swiftkey evidently are the way to go.

Sep 20, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #47,818 of 62,029
FYI, although you've probably already tried it, I switched to GBoard and my typing & swipes are 98% better. Guess that was the issue for me. Samsung's keyboard swipe and dictation is meh. GBoard and Swiftkey evidently are the way to go.
Hadn’t. Enjoying my iPhone 14 pro max. Wifey is happy to have me back on iOS. Maybe hard to undo this deed. I do fine basic tasks simpler and faster on the iPhone which seems to be swaying me.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #47,819 of 62,029
Hadn’t. Enjoying my iPhone 14 pro max. Wifey is happy to have me back on iOS. Maybe hard to undo this deed. I do fine basic tasks simpler and faster on the iPhone which seems to be swaying me.
I should stop talking about it. As I hit refresh waiting for a Max to come back in stock.

Sep 20, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #47,820 of 62,029
Not to keep this detailed from TWS buds, but I had always been an android guy. The last Android phone I had bought though made me decide to try an iPhone 13Pro and I’ve been enjoying it. I ended up soon after getting AirPods Pro, a series 7 Apple Watch, a HomePod mini, a base model M1 MacBook Air, and an AirPods Max. So now I’ll be stuck and I think that’s fine. Apple does some things better and so does android, but I’ll be sticking with this 13Pro.

One of the main reasons I had stuck to android was because of LDAC, but switching to iPhone and AAC sounded just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back