Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 19, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #47,791 of 62,112
Maybe dictation would work. I'm not dumping on the Fold. It's amazing tech. But I seem to get things done faster with the iphone as boring as it is. I think the home run form factor for the fold will be to go wider and shorter. Once the folder front cover is more usable to type, they will be on to something. Maybe next year.

What's the upcharge for those black APP? I remember looking once and thinking it was ridiculous and I'll live with white.
I don't disagree with you. And you're right, shorter, fatter would be a bit better. Plus, swipe to type is awful on the Fold. I'm trying, but maybe there's a better keyboard? Google? My Apple stuff just works seamlessly in comparison. I dictate texts nonstop in the car. Dangerous, I know, but with my iPhone, it was brilliant. Android has me hitting a wall at times. I did put magsafe on the Fold and that is working great!

I'd have to look up the cost for Colorware. It's crazy though. I'm just not a white earbud guy. I'm insane and will pay the extra cost. https://www.colorware.com/p-1345-ai...bjvm*k6z-9bkqo*k71-9bmpn&cartRecordId=0&year=

Sep 19, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #47,792 of 62,112
I go back and forth. My wife just got a 14 Pro Max and it's very nice, but huge. Fold is easier to hold, but typing while folded is a bitch. I'm definitely charging it more than my 13 Pro, but man, the content consumption and multitasking abilities just blow away the iPhone. It's sad. Apple needs to evolve, not constantly incrementally refine.

Zero issues with the Bose on Android, or paired to my Apple TV so far. Once paired, they force pair easily. I'll be giving them the Zoom test all day today. Bose will issue updates like they did with the first gen. They alway seem to add/tweak/fix what we all miss. I've already had one update to them after receipt. I'm going to pay too much money and order a black pair of Colorware APP2's soon. Unless they are panned.
Because of you crazy people I have the fold 4 coming on Wednesday... Lol. I'm kinda jacked to get it in my hands. A dude at my work had one and I was sold completely. That screen is silly and the multi-tasking... Thanks guys

Sep 19, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #47,793 of 62,112
Because of you crazy people I have the fold 4 coming on Wednesday... Lol. I'm kinda jacked to get it in my hands. A dude at my work had one and I was sold completely. That screen is silly and the multi-tasking... Thanks guys
Dude, nice! Looking forward to your thoughts...

Sep 19, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #47,794 of 62,112
Just keep a charger close by because you’ll need it.

Sep 19, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #47,795 of 62,112
I don't disagree with you. And you're right, shorter, fatter would be a bit better. Plus, swipe to type is awful on the Fold. I'm trying, but maybe there's a better keyboard? Google? My Apple stuff just works seamlessly in comparison. I dictate texts nonstop in the car. Dangerous, I know, but with my iPhone, it was brilliant. Android has me hitting a wall at times. I did put magsafe on the Fold and that is working great!

I'd have to look up the cost for Colorware. It's crazy though. I'm just not a white earbud guy. I'm insane and will pay the extra cost. https://www.colorware.com/p-1345-ai...bjvm*k6z-9bkqo*k71-9bmpn&cartRecordId=0&year=
What’s $139 for .01 oz of paint? ….

Sep 19, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #47,796 of 62,112

That’s where the fold loses it’s utility for me. I need to respond to texts and emails quickly to keep things moving. And with the front cover it’s typo central. Opening it is better but that takes time too and can be awkward on the move. I struggle with my love of tech versus the outright utility of the iPhone. The Fold is superior in so many ways and Apple is stuck in the mud. I hate that I love the iPhone.

Sep 19, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #47,797 of 62,112
What’s $139 for .01 oz of paint? ….
Yup. That said, they are flawless. I've bought from Colorware for years. What they do can't be replicated by anyone... yet. Apple needs AirPods in colors!

Sep 19, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #47,798 of 62,112
That’s where the fold loses it’s utility for me. I need to respond to texts and emails quickly to keep things moving. And with the front cover it’s typo central. Opening it is better but that takes time too and can be awkward on the move. I struggle with my love of tech versus the outright utility of the iPhone. The Fold is superior in so many ways and Apple is stuck in the mud. I hate that I love the iPhone.
Agreed. Sounds like we're both experiencing the same things. Love/Hate relationship at this moment.

My iPad Mini is collecting dust because of the Fold 4.

Sep 19, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #47,800 of 62,112
It's hard to believe Apple is leaving money on the table not doing this.
They are not. But if they DID offer black APP's they'd sell like hotcakes. Can't get any pro phones here in LA. Sold out. I need my stock to go up.

Sep 19, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #47,801 of 62,112
They are not. But if they DID offer black APP's they'd sell like hotcakes. Can't get any pro phones here in LA. Sold out. I need my stock to go up.
I bought my Pro Max from a guy with a backpack full of them in a grocery store parking lot. What could go wrong?

Edit - I swore to myself I was not going to buy an iphone this time and was going to give the Fold a full run. I made it exactly 2 days after release date. The parking lot purchase is true btw.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #47,802 of 62,112
I bought my Pro Max from a guy with a backpack full of them in a grocery store parking lot. What could go wrong?

Edit - I swore to myself I was not going to buy an iphone this time and was going to give the Fold a full run. I made it exactly 2 days after release date. The parking lot purchase is true btw.
Dude, that is hysterical.

Sep 19, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #47,805 of 62,112
LOL... Thanks man, I'm never too far from a charger
It's actually not too bad. But coming from an iphone, we are spoiled with killer battery life. I personally think the Fold needs a bigger battery to be a real productivity device but many think it's good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back