Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 1, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #47,536 of 62,079
I really like my new Elite 85T's...
iPhone user here; quick connect, stable, comfortable and great sound...
Looks like the newer ones mostly better it in battery time...
Makes sense, most everything else is just not going to see big tech jumps for a while....
You can get the Elite 7s for $119 these days. They're cannibalizing their lineup. So odd:

• Elite 7 Pro $199.99
  • Elite 7 Active $179.99
  • Elite 5 $149.99
  • Elite 4 Active $119.99
  • Elite 3 $79.99

Sep 1, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #47,537 of 62,079
Adidas.com has a sale for anyone wanting to try out their TWS buds. They're not half bad and even better at this price.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 2.14.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 2.14.04 PM.png
    394.4 KB · Views: 0
Sep 1, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #47,538 of 62,079
You can get the Elite 7s for $119 these days. They're cannibalizing their lineup. So odd:

• Elite 7 Pro $199.99
  • Elite 7 Active $179.99
  • Elite 5 $149.99
  • Elite 4 Active $119.99
  • Elite 3 $79.99
It’s indeed odd. The 85t were the only open design earbuds in their lineup and I thought they will issue a newer model but nothing so far.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #47,539 of 62,079
The Space A40 arrived and using hearid these sound very nice. They have a spacious quality to them. I will need to A/B them to the Linkbuds S to get a better idea of the differences in sound.

They have a bit more bass I think but not as big as I had hoped. But again I need to give them some time before I can that with certainty.

I already miss the ability of the Linkbuds S to stop music and go into ambient just by talking of the ability to switch between ambient modes with the touch of a button (might be ablt adjust this using app).

I am 90% sure I am going to love the better battery life though...

Sep 2, 2022 at 5:35 AM Post #47,540 of 62,079
Bought Senn' white MTW3 for $80 yesterday. On Elkjop, Norwegian webshop. Pretty cheap :)
Got same deal, and managed to test them a little. Maybe im getting old but dont notice that big sound improvement from mtw2.
What tips are people using? I put on the same spinfit cp360 large as I had on the mtw2, but i feel maybe i could use cp360 medium. But costly just to try that.
Have some leftover cp100, anyone tried those?

Did sell the mtw2, so made a small profit. But now cant compare them, oh well

Also using the fins, large size. I think I had those backwards first, is this the correct way?

IMG_20220902_112815734.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #47,541 of 62,079
Got same deal, and managed to test them a little. Maybe im getting old but dont notice that big sound improvement from mtw2.
What tips are people using? I put on the same spinfit cp360 large as I had on the mtw2, but i feel maybe i could use cp360 medium. But costly just to try that.

Also using the fins, large size. I think I had those backwards first, is this the correct way?

I'm also curious how the MTW3 sq is compared to the CX Plus.
Where I'm at nowadays I can literally get the CX Plus for half the price.
In terms of call quality and ANC online comparisons suggest the MTW3 are better if that's a priority.

Sep 2, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #47,542 of 62,079

IMG_20220902_112815734.jpg
I think MTW3 sound noticably better than MTW2. Fuller sound, punchier bass and at least as detailed and "crispy" imo.
I sold the whites, and kept my graphite pair :)
The tips I'm using is Flexitfit foam. (which came with my Lypertek Tevis)
The reason for that choice, is that they are quite short/shallow? (doesn't go deep in my ears). That helps me with the noise/dropouts I get with ANC on when chewing etc.
They, Flexifits, are very comfortable as well and sound as good as any silicone tip I've tried. But beware, I use them because my ears are a little "special". That's why I don't want to recommend them to you.

The fins on mine are mounted the same way as yours. Think that is correct. (I use mediums)

Sep 2, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #47,543 of 62,079
I think MTW3 sound noticably better than MTW2. Fuller sound, punchier bass and at least as detailed and "crispy" imo.
I sold the whites, and kept my graphite pair :)
The tips I'm using is Flexitfit foam. (which came with my Lypertek Tevis)
The reason for that choice, is that they are quite short/shallow? (doesn't go deep in my ears). That helps me with the noise/dropouts I get with ANC on when chewing etc.
They, Flexifits, are very comfortable as well and sound as good as any silicone tip I've tried. But beware, I use them because my ears are a little "special". That's why I don't want to recommend them to you.

The fins on mine are mounted the same way as yours. Think that is correct. (I use mediums)
hm, seems one of my ears is also "special" Now that I noticed the fins was on wrong, maybe experiment with a medium there.

Sep 2, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #47,544 of 62,079
Adidas.com has a sale for anyone wanting to try out their TWS buds. They're not half bad and even better at this price.
Concur. My white ones did not survive the laundry machine. Likely due to the ridiculous fabric case. In any event, this set me into a panic as my other TWS buds all slowly fall out of my ears when cycling and offer unbearable amounts of wind noise. And then, last weekend, they showed up as sold out. Thankfully, they reappeared for $70 shipped to my door in 1 day. I think they are the best fitting TWS I've ever owned. Should probably buy a back up.

Sep 2, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #47,546 of 62,079
So, armed with my new F4, should I grab the Galaxy Buds Pro 2 on ebay for $135ish or hold out for the new Bose coming next week?
Both. :)

Sep 2, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #47,547 of 62,079
Too funny. I was going to point out that "both" are not an option predicting you would say that. I think I'm gonna hold out for the Bose and watch the price on the Pro 2s fall through the floor as the market is flooded with them.

Sep 2, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #47,548 of 62,079
Too funny. I was going to point out that "both" are not an option predicting you would say that. I think I'm gonna hold out for the Bose and watch the price on the Pro 2s fall through the floor as the market is flooded with them.
I'm too fast for you LOL. I got my GB2P cheap so I'm selling off a few things to make room for those new Bose. People seem to have gotten the GB2P and are flipping them on eBay, so I agree, they'll keep going down.

Sep 2, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #47,549 of 62,079
So, armed with my new F4, should I grab the Galaxy Buds Pro 2 on ebay for $135ish or hold out for the new Bose coming next week?
been thinking about the buds pro 2 and the new bose as well, but in all honesty the current Bose TWS has been great for me -- fits really well, great ANC, decent SQ. The only thing I can knock is how big it is. The older buds pro has been awesome as well, no complaints after putting spinfits on them. So why am I struggling with this decision? I'm happy with what I have, I think...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back