Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 18, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #47,266 of 61,393
Hey - I'm curious to see if the TWS pros know anything about the possibility of these BT adapters working on DAPs? Will they work? I ask because the N3Pro's BT is completely useless, but it's one of the features I value since I use TWS for my daily commute. Would the USB C port recognize it and possibly offer some improved BT connectivity?

1660773097502.png

https://ca.creative.com/p/accessories/creative-bt-w4
Unfortunately I think the best answer is “possibly”.
The Jabra dongle set worked great for me but some other dongles, it’s kind of iffy with other TWS.
You want to make sure they have good return policy when placing the order 😎

Aug 18, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #47,268 of 61,393
Hey - I'm curious to see if the TWS pros know anything about the possibility of these BT adapters working on DAPs? Will they work? I ask because the N3Pro's BT is completely useless, but it's one of the features I value since I use TWS for my daily commute. Would the USB C port recognize it and possibly offer some improved BT connectivity?

1660773097502.png

https://ca.creative.com/p/accessories/creative-bt-w4
I am using the BT-W3 on my Samsung S21 and it works. Should receive a dongle that supports APTX adaptive tomorrow and will give it a shot with some of my non LDAC cans and tws...

Aug 18, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #47,269 of 61,393
I am using the BT-W3 on my Samsung S21 and it works. Should receive a dongle that supports APTX adaptive tomorrow and will give it a shot with some of my non LDAC cans and tws...

The BT W4 just arrived and it works on my N3Pro! Strangely, I can't use my play/pause and skip/previous track controls on my TWS or UTWS5 when it's connected. But I can still control ambient mode and volume oddly...

Aug 18, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #47,270 of 61,393
I thought the fokus pro would have been good since it had mid-focus. I also listen to English ones from time to time for example Eva max or sia. I linked some examples below.
Would the Victor HA-FX1000t or Final Audio X Evangelion EVATW01 be better in this case? Also where did you get the Victor HA-FX1000t since i can find them only on japan and would be tricky to ship them out.

When I asked a few months ago in forum.hifiguides.com a few user suggested I should go for moondrop variations or Tanchjim Oxygen but these are not tws :D

And most Hiroyuki Sawano songs (My favorite composer)

The Victor and EVA plays some of these way better than the fokus pro. I listen to lots of Sawano as well. For the kpop there, I think the EVA and the fokus suits more than the Victor due to their bigger and deeper bass rumble but Victor tends to highlight the vocals more, if that's what you are after.

Gotta say I never consider fokus pro to be mid-focus - quite the opposite the mids are too scooped out for my liking, to the effect that much of the vocal or instrument timber cannot be accurately presented. On the other hand, the Victors is decidedly mid-focus while the final/EVA is somehow the most balanced of the bunch. I had sung praises on my Victor woodies before but here I wanna give some credit also to the final/EVA, they are surprisingly good not just for a anime fans oriented product but also in general as a TWS released 2 years ago. Still one of the best sounding TWS up to today in my books.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2022 at 11:42 PM Post #47,271 of 61,393
The Victor and EVA plays some of these way better than the fokus pro. I listen to lots of Sawano as well. For the kpop there, I think the EVA and the fokus suits more than the Victor due to their bigger and deeper bass rumble but Victor tends to highlight the vocals more, if that's what you are after.

Gotta say I never consider fokus pro to be mid-focus - quite the opposite the mids are too scooped out for my liking, to the effect that much of the vocal or instrument timber cannot be accurately presented. On the other hand, the Victors is decidedly mid-focus while the final/EVA is somehow the most balanced of the bunch.
How is the app and the fit for the Victor? I've heard bad things way back in this chain. Thoughts? I'm a huge fan of the Fokus (as are a bunch of other folks on this chain) and I listen to many different genres, not K-Pop though. Never had an issue, nor have I been disappointed thus far. I EQ them accordingly, which isn't much.

Aug 19, 2022 at 5:58 AM Post #47,272 of 61,393

Looking at the astronomical rates you got, I went in just for kicks. They look like a piece of jewelry... and they are marketed as that. Too much bling bling for my taste. And the sound just can’t be up to par. Talk about diminishing returns. Anyway, I configured a pair for 3800$.

Ridiculous, haha. I’d upgrade my TWS (240€ for the Free Byrd), my DAC (600€ for the Mojo2 or Gryphon), my IEMs (400€ for the Vulkans + 700$ for the Advar), get a BT adapter (200$ for a Shure TW2)... going crazy here but I’d still save 1800$ (Monarch Mk2 for 1.000$?) No way the Klipsch t10 bespoke would match this. They are bespoke though.

It’s like: do you want a Bugatti Divo for 6 million or a Porsche 911 GT2 + a Land Rover Defender X + a Triumph Bonneville Bobber Black... and keep 5 million? Not a fair comparison, I know (for Bugatti, haha). But to each his own. I prefer augmenting returns.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #47,274 of 61,393
Semi-related question, since I know a lot of people here use Amazon and then return ...

Has anyone here had the fun occurrence that Amazon pre-refunds you the money, you can see from the tracking number that they have received it, you think all is well, then 2 weeks in they say they wait for the merch or else (we take the money back) ... after some chats with customer service it turns out, or so they claim, that they received an EMPTY BOX! .. now, this makes me think twice now about 'ordering for likely return' and maybe that's exactly the message amazon is trying to send ... I googled around and there are ppl who lost quite some money on that and how do you prove that you did not send an empty box?

Aug 19, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #47,275 of 61,393
Semi-related question, since I know a lot of people here use Amazon and then return ...

Has anyone here had the fun occurrence that Amazon pre-refunds you the money, you can see from the tracking number that they have received it, you think all is well, then 2 weeks in they say they wait for the merch or else (we take the money back) ... after some chats with customer service it turns out, or so they claim, that they received an EMPTY BOX! .. now, this makes me think twice now about 'ordering for likely return' and maybe that's exactly the message amazon is trying to send ... I googled around and there are ppl who lost quite some money on that and how do you prove that you did not send an empty box?
This is my nightmare. Was the item sold and shipped by Amazon.com, shipped by Amazon but sold by <insert company> (this is FBA), or entirely sold and shipped by a third party through Amazon? I think the first two cases they don't do much return inspection besides special "red tag" high value or high return items. But for the third case, you're shipping back to the third party seller and not an Amazon warehouse, so they can do whatever they want.

Aug 19, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #47,276 of 61,393

Luckily this never happened to me but I always take pictures of the packaged item before returning expensive merchandises.
One time I sold an and shipped the item and had my doubts so I recorded the whole thing at the post office, basically me boxing the item, putting the labels on the box and shipping it.
Might be overkill for some but better safe than sorry.

Aug 19, 2022 at 10:48 AM Post #47,277 of 61,393
Has anyone got the Buds 2 Pro yet?

Aug 19, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #47,278 of 61,393
The mention of the Jabra dongle on the last page reminded of a question I've been meaning to ask:

Does windows 11 eliminate the need for it anymore? In other words does it faithfully interchange calls with music and vice versa without losing SQ or do you still have to choose one or the other for optimum sound? If it has it might be time to upgrade my Win 10 to Win 11 as my current hardware is capable of it.

Edit: Here's a thread that explains a bit more on Windows limitation regarding this.

Aug 19, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #47,279 of 61,393
This is my nightmare. Was the item sold and shipped by Amazon.com, shipped by Amazon but sold by <insert company> (this is FBA), or entirely sold and shipped by a third party through Amazon? I think the first two cases they don't do much return inspection besides special "red tag" high value or high return items. But for the third case, you're shipping back to the third party seller and not an Amazon warehouse, so they can do whatever they want.
it was amazon / amazon and I got 'lucky' and we are talking about 30€ worth of UA undies :D I decided to not sweat it anymore .. lesson learned ... just though that I had also returned higher price gear like the MTW3, LinkbudsS ... one online story has lost a 1300€ phone that way ... nightmare ...

Aug 20, 2022 at 5:00 AM Post #47,280 of 61,393
JBL Tune Flex are in the house. These are supposed to be worn either like open earbuds or sealing IEMs, depending on tips used.

JBL-TUNE-Flex-Earbuds-Fig-2-1024x601.png

Well, for me the second option doesn't really work, since the nozzles aren't long enough to provide a secure seal. It may work for some, depending on your ear anatomy, but in general I'd say, don't count on the IEM option. If seal is important, I'd think that *real* IEMs have a clear advantage over these.

But on the bright side, these are some of the best, if not the best open earbud style TWS I've come across. One can use the different sized tips to fit them very close to the ear canal opening (while still not sealing), thus taking advantage of the proximity effect for utterly impressive bass. I don't think I've ever heard comparable sub-bass from an open, non-sealing bud before.

On top of that, the JBL app offers a nifty customizable in-device EQ, so you can tune these babies to your liking.

JBL-TUNE-Flex-Earbuds-Fig-11.png

There's ANC too, but needless to say, in open earbud mode its effect is rather homeopathic. However, these have a big and bold sound, reminiscent of larger phones, with very nice extension, detail resolution and soundstage. So there's plenty to like about them, even if ANC is not their strong point.

JBL_Tune_Flex_Product%20Image_Tips_Black_.png
JBL_Tune%20Flex_Accessories_Black.png

TL;DR: Worn as open earbuds, these are highly enjoyable and keepers in my book. But for sealing IEMs, I'd rather look elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back