Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 27, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #46,921 of 62,102

The number one feature that caught my attention is their claim of pure graphene driver. Because as far as I know, almost all or maybe all headphones and earphones out in market today that claim to use graphene drivers are in reality using a normal dynamic driver coated with graphene, instead of having the diaphragm entirely made out of a single graphene film.

Jul 27, 2022 at 4:29 AM Post #46,923 of 62,102
Nobody buys the white ones?
Not likely at all, no. Just a mistake on their part is the most likely explanation for it.

Jul 27, 2022 at 5:48 AM Post #46,924 of 62,102
Is the UV-sanitation just a gimmick or does it offer anything actually useful?

I'm also really curious to what kind of latency and sound quality will be achived with the USB transmitter option?

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2022 at 8:04 AM Post #46,925 of 62,102
The number one feature that caught my attention is their claim of pure graphene driver. Because as far as I know, almost all or maybe all headphones and earphones out in market today that claim to use graphene drivers are in reality using a normal dynamic driver coated with graphene, instead of having the diaphragm entirely made out of a single graphene film.
I don't think so. Specs say 11mm + graphene. I think it is coated but they are saying pure graphene cause others coat in graphite or "non-pure" and still call it graphene.

How it sounds is all that matters. I don't pay too much mind cause there is more to a speaker than just the diaphragm.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #46,926 of 62,102
The Free Byrds have landed! One day earlier than expected. Nice!
Actually my very first Beyerdynamics anything.

Took me a while to actually get to hear music from them: Connection was easy, app I had already installed, but of course, first a FW update ... then set up and hearing test ... there is a fun statistic page in the app that showed me that while the buds already had 1h24m 'uptime', not a single second of music.

Then on to the eartip fitting ... No surprise that XL fit best, I tried L first, but one size up is ideal. I also tried the biggest squishy foam, but I could not achieve seal ...
While the seal with the XL is great, the fit does not feel very stable ... I might steal the spinfits off my XM4 to try them next ... But I am not really planning on running with them anyways ... I can see how fit can be a concern for ppl ... as long as I am not moving too much I am ok ...

Now to the sound

just WOW !!!!

I can't put it in many eloquent words, but these make me happy ... I think in some review I read 'multilayered' and now I know what they meant .. the separation is excellent .. the dynamic makes me smile ...

The ANC works well, not XM4 / Bose QC level, but very good overall, will test on an actual plane in a week.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #46,927 of 62,102
The Free Byrds have landed! One day earlier than expected. Nice!
Actually my very first Beyerdynamics anything.

Took me a while to actually get to hear music from them: Connection was easy, app I had already installed, but of course, first a FW update ... then set up and hearing test ... there is a fun statistic page in the app that showed me that while the buds already had 1h24m 'uptime', not a single second of music.

Then on to the eartip fitting ... No surprise that XL fit best, I tried L first, but one size up is ideal. I also tried the biggest squishy foam, but I could not achieve seal ...
While the seal with the XL is great, the fit does not feel very stable ... I might steal the spinfits off my XM4 to try them next ... But I am not really planning on running with them anyways ... I can see how fit can be a concern for ppl ... as long as I am not moving too much I am ok ...

Now to the sound

just WOW !!!!

I can't put it in many eloquent words, but these make me happy ... I think in some review I read 'multilayered' and now I know what they meant .. the separation is excellent .. the dynamic makes me smile ...

The ANC works well, not XM4 / Bose QC, but very good overall, will test on an actual plane in a week.
Great to hear! Love the sound of the Free Byrd as well. My favourite pair of TWS right now even though I still have the MTW3 and the EX :)

Jul 27, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #46,928 of 62,102
Is the UV-sanitation just a gimmick or does it offer anything actually useful?

I'm also really curious to what kind of latency and sound quality will be achived with the USB transmitter option?
I used mine on the plane a couple weeks ago, watched movies for about four hours or so, battery never quit, and no noticeable latency. As for NC, I replaced the tips from the factory "gel" ones to spin-fits from another set I had with me, and found that if I shoved them down for passive NC, the ANC takes care of the rest. Next time I'm bringing a tips bag with me :).

As for the UV, it looks really cool. ?

Jul 27, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #46,929 of 62,102
UV Nano was a little used feature that was given a second life with Covid. I can take it or leave it. It doesn't come for free as it does use battery life. I can appreciate it at times after being sporty and getting a little sweaty.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #46,930 of 62,102
Fokus - H Anc arrived! First impressions are that these are the all round Noble's we have been waiting for. I haven't heard they Beyers but this is the best sounding TWS I've heard in the $200 price bracket. They don't quite provide the depth that the Pro does but they are pretty damn good. I think a little burn in may open them up even more.
ANC is solid but they have really good passive isolation to go with the ANC which makes them above-average overall. The nicest surprise is that the new shell, stem and shallow tips fit great. I am getting a good seal and stable fit on the stock setup. As always, the Noble App is terrific particularly for those on iphones with no system wide EQ. It fun to learn that my hearing is so shot that bumping the 8k and 16k up to the max makes no discernable difference to my ears. Oh yeah, and the purple shell is awesome.

Edit - at the risk of sounding fanboyish, I have to give Noble a lot of props for their dedication to the TWS space. They have been producing excellent TWS products for several years while most other high end audio companies seem to ignore it.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #46,931 of 62,102
Everybody lovin' the purple now!

Jul 27, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #46,932 of 62,102
Fokus - H Anc arrived! First impressions are that these are the all round Noble's we have been waiting for. I haven't heard they Beyers but this is the best sounding TWS I've heard in the $200 price bracket. They don't quite provide the depth that the Pro does but they are pretty damn good. I think a little burn in may open them up even more.
ANC is solid but they have really good passive isolation to go with the ANC which makes them above-average overall. The nicest surprise is that the new shell, stem and shallow tips fit great. I am getting a good seal and stable fit on the stock setup. As always, the Noble App is terrific particularly for those on iphones with no system wide EQ. It fun to learn that my hearing is so shot that bumping the 8k and 16k up to the max makes no discernable difference to my ears. Oh yeah, and the purple shell is awesome.

Edit - at the risk of sounding fanboyish, I have to give Noble a lot of props for their dedication to the TWS space. They have been producing excellent TWS products for several years while most other high end audio companies seem to ignore it.
Agree with all your thoughts. I've been using my every day since receipt. If I could nitpick, the voice for changing modes talks too slow :wink: Sounds like someones mom or maybe wife.

Jul 27, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #46,933 of 62,102
Surprised Fokus H-Anc is not on Amazon or any other reseller. I guess they probably made a small number of them so kept them on own site. I'm waiting for the blue.

For Android users with the H-anc... Do you guys get the sense of missing aptx? Or is aac sufficient?

Jul 27, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #46,934 of 62,102
B&H has the old Kenwood flagship on sale, both Alexa and Google versions for $99
1658960635511.png

Old but still 5.2 with 8 hours battery life and has Qi charging but it won't have MP and only has up to aptX. 10mm Be drivers and slide control on the buds for ANC and ambient strength adjustment. Still more a "smart" headset and very app based or voice assistant based.
https://www.kenwood.com/usa/smartheadsets/headsets/ws-a1_a1g/cp/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back