Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 20, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #46,756 of 62,079

Attachments

• tempImageRJrO9g.png
    tempImageRJrO9g.png
    9.7 MB · Views: 0
Jul 20, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #46,757 of 62,079
What about something like these tips?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-20-19-01-33-73_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-20-19-01-33-73_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 0
Jul 20, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #46,758 of 62,079
@nobleaudio - how does the Fokus H compare to the Pro in terms of sound signature and quality given the sizeable price gap? Will the blue Fokus H be available anytime soon?

Those that have used them both
The consensus is, the FoKus Pro fedility wise, is a superior product.

But living with the product....

I own them both & I use the HANC as a daily driver, due to the ergonomics, and functions. I really do not miss the FoKus Pro at all, so.to me that means the sound quality of the HANC has to be nearly as good as the FoKus Pro.

Hard to say this, as it is contrary to belief as we are talking about wireless

But the FoKus Pro is more for the hard core enthusiasts, where as the FoKus H-ANC is for someone that wants good sound & and convenience centered as well.

Last edited:
Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jul 20, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #46,759 of 62,079
Looks similar to some others in my arsenal.
I know they will fit with the MEE bi flange but will they fit in the Beyer case. Looks like you don't have the Sony LL or I don't see the lilac color core there.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #46,760 of 62,079
Any feedback on the Soundpeats Mini Pro?
They are decent budget buds, I got them same time as the 1more piston buds pro and both of them are doing an equally fine job in sound and anc .. but nothing to get overly excited about ... I also thought (after some review indicated so) that they are small enough for side sleeping, which does not work for me at all ...
In that price range I'd rather go for the Fiil T2 Pro (or the earfun counter part) or if you want really small, the 1more comfobuds mini I kinda like for that small form factor .. they are usually 99 and often have discounts ..

Jul 20, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #46,761 of 62,079
Looks similar to some others in my arsenal.
IMG_1992.JPG
Will likely do the trick. Best the Yamaha have sounded for me so not like it will stay put but not sound as good as other tips. Great presentation and depth with the length. Buuuut, you can trim off the core some if you wanted or needed.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #46,763 of 62,079
Waiting for mine to ship :fingers_crossed:
I don't see any reviews anywhere of the fokus H-Anc, which I find odd. It has been released already and no reviews?? Do people not know it is out?

Jul 20, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #46,764 of 62,079
They are decent budget buds, I got them same time as the 1more piston buds pro and both of them are doing an equally fine job in sound and anc .. but nothing to get overly excited about ... I also thought (after some review indicated so) that they are small enough for side sleeping, which does not work for me at all ...
In that price range I'd rather go for the Fiil T2 Pro (or the earfun counter part) or if you want really small, the 1more comfobuds mini I kinda like for that small form factor .. they are usually 99 and often have discounts ..
Thanks for the feedback. The 1more Comfobuds were also in my list.

Jul 20, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #46,765 of 62,079
What's up fellas!? I don't know if you've seen this or related content here on these pages. Who am I kidding it's probably been talked about to death. I haven't been on here lately as I've been silly busy at the website but I saw this from the boys at DHRME. Ya know the YouTube channel. Here is a link to their site giving a kind of an overview of the new LC3 codec. Also they have a link on their page where you can hear actual differences in some of the other codes compared to LC3... Guys it's pretty impressive. Everyone who frequents this page should be at least slightly excited. This will be a game changer for wireless audio. https://www.dhrme.nl/wireless-audio-is-about-to-change-forever/
Take care fellas

Extremely interesting. Thanks for sharing this.

Let’s just hope, like he says, that Apple doesn’t debunk this.

Lots of things to like about this Bluetooth upgrade: BLE audio streaming, higher efficiency, lower power consumption, better battery life, potentially smaller earbuds.

However, the claim of "MUCH higher audio quality at the same bit rate" seems rather doubtful imo. Did anyone who listened to SBC@248 kbps and LC3@248 kbps hear a big difference? I for my part didn't.

So I downloaded the test tracks from here and here, compared them digitally with Audio DiffMaker and the difference seems actually quite small. Anyone interested can do the same, just install the freeware, run the test tracks and listen to the diff file.

Oh and btw, the test track called "no encoding" is actually FLAC encoded. Should sound the same as WAV though, except for golden ears.
9jpx3U3.png

Jul 20, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #46,766 of 62,079
Lots of things to like about this Bluetooth upgrade: BLE audio streaming, higher efficiency, lower power consumption, better battery life, potentially smaller earbuds.

However, the claim of "MUCH higher audio quality at the same bit rate" seems rather doubtful imo. Did anyone who listened to SBC@248 kbps and LC3@248 kbps hear a big difference? I for my part didn't.

So I downloaded the test tracks from here and here, compared them digitally with Audio DiffMaker and the difference seems actually quite small. Anyone interested can do the same, just install the freeware, run the test tracks and listen to the diff file.

Oh and btw, the test track called "no encoding" is actually FLAC encoded. Should sound the same as WAV though, except for golden ears.
9jpx3U3.png
I think LC3+is what we are really waiting for. That is where the difference will truly be. They never really gave optimized higher bit rate SBC. I guess the problem will be getting it implemented. I guess on Android we will have it perhaps outside of Samsung phones which might only give LC3. Figure Apple will also only do what they are obligated to and not give LC3+. Sony as well on their devices. Figure they will c*ckblock the open source high bit rate stuff if they can.

Jul 20, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #46,767 of 62,079
I don't see any reviews anywhere of the fokus H-Anc, which I find odd. It has been released already and no reviews?? Do people not know it is out?
Pretty sure they just started shipping today. Looks like mine was shipped and will be here Friday. Not sure if or how many Noble sends out to the reviewers out there.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #46,768 of 62,079
Any reason why you recommend the Freebuds Pro 2 over the Oppo Enco X2? Have you tried both and preferred the former?
Have the original Oppo Enco X and Huawei FBP and found the tuning and anc much more appealing on the Huawei. Recently tried the Oppo Enco X2 in Singapore while having the opportunity to try the new Huawei week and half ago in Europe. ANC with Huawei was noticeably improved , that surprised me a lot. Tuning was really great and was surprised until someone told me these were tuned by Devialet vs Dynaudio on Oppo. That was my take. Just simple recollection from experience

Jul 20, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #46,769 of 62,079
Have the original Oppo Enco X and Huawei FBP and found the tuning and anc much more appealing on the Huawei. Recently tried the Oppo Enco X2 in Singapore while having the opportunity to try the new Huawei week and half ago in Europe. ANC with Huawei was noticeably improved , that surprised me a lot. Tuning was really great and was surprised until someone told me these were tuned by Devialet vs Dynaudio on Oppo. That was my take. Just simple recollection from experience

Yep the two have a partnership going...
1658352911352.png
1658352805363.png

Jul 20, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #46,770 of 62,079
I think LC3+is what we are really waiting for. That is where the difference will truly be. They never really gave optimized higher bit rate SBC. I guess the problem will be getting it implemented. I guess on Android we will have it perhaps outside of Samsung phones which might only give LC3. Figure Apple will also only do what they are obligated to and not give LC3+. Sony as well on their devices. Figure they will c*ckblock the open source high bit rate stuff if they can.

The LC3 codec will be supported by Androïd 13:
https://www.xda-developers.com/android-13-may-add-blueooth-le-audio-support/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back