Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 27, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #46,351 of 62,079
Personally, I think, ANC works very good on MTW3. I had XM4 and AZ60 and it's about the same. What I like the most is the Anti wind future. These are the first TWS which almost completely cut the wind noise if this option is turned on. Very useful when biking.
My only wish is that Sennheiser will add multipoint in near future.
In terms of sound quality, how would you rank the MTW3, the XM4 and the AZ60? I can get either for the same discounted price locally or even the Nuratrue and just curious to hear your opinion.

Jun 27, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #46,352 of 62,079
Received the Yamaha TW-E7Bs today from Amazon Japan. Yeah, these are the ones to get. If you're willing to deal with the extra cost, get the 7B. Similar in fit, but they seem to fit me better than the 5B. Soft coating too whereas the 5B are plastic. I can hear the difference with the bigger drivers right way. Beautify clarity. Similar wide soundstage. ANC is okay, haven't tested much. Definitely blocks fan noise here at the home office. But I didn't buy them for ANC. That's just an extra perk to me. Case doesn't have Qi charging which is a bummer, but not a deal breaker. The 7B have in-ear detection. The 5B do not. I'm really glad Yamaha upped the ante here and made some great buds. A far cry from the first gen models. Still missing a few things as mentioned but IMO worth the price. Listening to some Mother Love Bone and the new Ghost and these 7B are a lot of fun.

Attachments

• 09FEF7A5-8210-43E1-8B0D-EDD1D48C54C9.jpeg
    09FEF7A5-8210-43E1-8B0D-EDD1D48C54C9.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 58CBF361-A932-4D31-9678-A5334A064268.jpeg
    58CBF361-A932-4D31-9678-A5334A064268.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • B96AF2DC-E898-4C70-AF6B-C27392B2926B.jpeg
    B96AF2DC-E898-4C70-AF6B-C27392B2926B.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 80F23E66-6F21-41B3-A99A-2F17D8F8BBDB.jpeg
    80F23E66-6F21-41B3-A99A-2F17D8F8BBDB.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 59D98BEE-39F1-4EDC-93DB-05A5470BEDA4.jpeg
    59D98BEE-39F1-4EDC-93DB-05A5470BEDA4.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 5BC07B78-904F-4F5A-927D-A6384FE8A7BE.jpeg
    5BC07B78-904F-4F5A-927D-A6384FE8A7BE.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Jun 27, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #46,353 of 62,079
In terms of sound quality, how would you rank the MTW3, the XM4 and the AZ60? I can get either for the same discounted price locally or even the Nuratrue and just curious to hear your opinion.
I prefer the sound of MTW3 out of three. Definitely better then XM4. And a little better then AZ60.

Jun 27, 2022 at 7:13 PM Post #46,354 of 62,079
Well, I kinda take it back about the EPro 00 on the Yamaha E5B. Sound is quite good but sort of due to a slight leaky seal. A bit ambient nature which loses some volume so fine at home quiet but not usable like this outdoors. TWS are actually better cause the thicker part is more forward.

That will also lead to a pet peave about something that i don't think has appeared on a true wireless but should be used quite a bit. The two position post. Here on my Elecom BT earphones, still quite good actually, which are not much different a shape than the Yamaha is but no issue.
1656370778827.png

I can put the EPro out more on the second post. Yeah it might need a little more depth in the case where the tip area is but TWS could use this. Quite a few ears need more depth and certain tips need more depth. If not needed no harm all the way on is normal. Wish this was an idea they would think of using. just like some posts and room maybe in the lid to carry extra tips. I feel they can certainly think more physical design ideas than they do. Software features are great but we have like two that I have seen that can store a pair of tips and none that two post positions or tuning filters on the front etc.

Jun 27, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #46,355 of 62,079
I prefer the sound of MTW3 out of three. Definitely better then XM4. And a little better then AZ60.
This is exactly how I rate them for sound quality. The AZ60 have the worst call quality.

I don't like that the sennheisers only show you battery status in 10% increments. I'm still testing MTW3 battery life so I can't say who's the best but it's probably not them, though it seems good enough.

I also love the sennheiser's support AptX. Neither the other two do

The sennheisers have the biggest case, to the point it's slightly annoying.

The sennheiser's also have the best touch control customization which is awesome.

Also I found tips that work great with the MTW3, now the seal and isolation is really good and the ANC seems about on par with the other two. Which is fantastic

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2022 at 10:57 PM Post #46,356 of 62,079
Delete - forgot I posted it earlier

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 2:26 AM Post #46,358 of 62,079
I'm experiencing the battery drain on the EX case, it seems. Battery percentage seems to go down fairly quickly there.

Also, it has occurred a couple of times that when I take a single bud out of the case that this bud won't play any music right away. If I put it back in the case and take it out again, it always works.

I've just resetted them to factory settings and paired again. Newest software is installed (5.3.6) and my iPhone 13 Pro Max is also up to date on everything.

Any advice?

PS: The insertion depth with the EX is also fairly "shallow", isn't it? They're not going very far in the ear canal. It seems that I'm consistently getting the best seal that way.
PS2: Also, they're not pausing the music when you take them out of the ear, do they?

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 2:43 AM Post #46,359 of 62,079
Jun 28, 2022 at 3:01 AM Post #46,360 of 62,079
Voice pickup while on a call outdoors can be affected by many things... almost all TWS with microphones use some form of anti-noise processing, but the design of a microphone that manages to reduce wind noise as much as possible also means that less processing is needed, and it can sound more natural.

I think it's really cool that you thought to test the mic quality with voice to speech! I should try that. I know that the bluetooth microphones built into my 2013 VW Golf are absolutely AWFUL for dictation, and it shows during phone calls because literally using any other option (one of my grells, speakerphone mode on the phone, even my apple watch's mic!) sounds way better during a chat and is much better with voice to speech.
Yes, I agree. There's more to mic performance than noise reduction. If every word is coherent and clear over and above other sounds, sometimes that's better than too much noise reduction and crackles that render the words incoherent.

Funnily enough, after really strong noise reduction from the likes of the Linkbuds and Oneplus Buds Pro, I've noticed manufacturers starting to go a little the other way and focus more on voice mic optimisation. That tends to be more hardware-based (accelerometer etc) so probably more expensive than software-based AI algorithms like Elevoc.

Jun 28, 2022 at 7:15 AM Post #46,361 of 62,079
New here, but just got the Linkbuds S in the post.

Upgrading from Elite Active 75t's which I've been happy with for a while. Got a deal on the Linkbuds so thought it was worth a try.

What I like:
• ANC you can tell right off the bat is much better
• Way more clarity, soundstage is much better than the Jabra's
• Much more comfy in my ear, also feel a hell of a lot lighter.
• The speak to chat works really well

What I'm not liking:
The sub bass is a bit quiet even with the EQ cranked up. I wouldn't say the Jabra's aren't extremely accurate but IEM's but on first impressions, they are much more fun.
I'm really missing the sub bass slam the Jabra's give.

I'm pretty sure I can return them, but I'm gonna give them a few days and see how they go.
If i'm still not convinced, I might try and swap them for the MWT3's which seem to have the best reviews on here sound wise. I would also consider the XM4's but I don't have the biggest ears so I think there would be a good chance they would fall out and I would lose them.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #46,362 of 62,079
Who is up for NuraTrue Pro ?

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...th-personalised-sound?ref=discovery&term=Nura

8 Hours with ANC on, 32 hour battery life, Qualcomm AptX Lossless (higher than LDAC)

Bluetooth 5.3 Transmitter (supports aptx HD for any device with USB-C or USB-A) addon as well..

Edit: For those curious about iPhone, you would need a lightning to USB-C adapter and play aptXHD through your iPhone to NuraTrue Pro

Difference between NuraTrue and NuraTrue Pro is also listed here

https://help.nurasound.com/hc/en-us...difference-between-NuraTrue-Pro-and-NuraTrue-

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #46,363 of 62,079

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...th-personalised-sound?ref=discovery&term=Nura

8 Hours with ANC on, 32 hour battery life, Qualcomm AptX Lossless (higher than LDAC)

Bluetooth 5.3 Transmitter (supports aptx HD for any device with USB-C or USB-A) addon as well..

Edit: For those curious about iPhone, you would need a lightning to USB-C adapter and play aptXHD through your iPhone to NuraTrue Pro

https://help.nurasound.com/hc/en-us...difference-between-NuraTrue-Pro-and-NuraTrue-
I’ve been following their lead up promotions. Looks like they fixed all my issues with the base model, so I backed it! 🤞

Jun 28, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #46,364 of 62,079
Another Amazon.de price alert: This time the Bose QC Earbuds (white only) down at 191.99€
I really enjoy mine and actually ran a half marathon with them today, they sound great, super comfy and the ANC is 'God Tier' :D

The MTW3 are back up at 249€, my 210€ score shall arrive tomorrow ...

Feels like one has to check Amazon constantly now as they fluctuate prices for no apparent reason. I had the soundcore Life A2 NC in my basket for 49€ (and 37.99 refurb), now they are at 79 (&63.99) with coupons, but still not as low as before.

Attachments

• Notification_Center-2.jpg
    Notification_Center-2.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #46,365 of 62,079

The only thing that turns me off is the size of it. Too big of a round :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back