Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 11, 2022 at 6:23 AM Post #45,242 of 62,122
I use the kbear 07 tips. It gives the Fokus pro a nice punch without congestion or mud. Opens up the soundstage a bit as well as these tips are more of a wide bore tip but really firm, with a firm stem, more firm flange to seal. I was using the final tips but things got a bit too closed in with those.
Ah...and that was my issue with the stock tips. The stem was too firm foe me, leading to discomfort in the ear canal after 30 min or so. Had to do some searching, looking for mildly open to wide bore. Found some aofr generic that I had that are a happy compromise on all accounts. Love the Fokus, like the Falcon Pro now that I put Final type E and tamed the treble a bit

May 11, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #45,243 of 62,122
The closed Linkbuds option some here might have waited for … spotted over on AliExpress… terrible shipping time though. Arrival July 10th… yikes.
Could be interesting, or disastrous.

8B495A42-C946-4D3C-B35D-A1745D3C86E5.jpeg

May 11, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #45,244 of 62,122
Looks like Amazon sold out of initial stock of MTW3. Anyone happen to know Sennheiser return policy? Says “allowed within timeframe” without saying what timeframe is. Just says that it’s on order confirm…but I’d like to know before I make purchase.

Last edited:
May 11, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #45,245 of 62,122
Looks like Amazon sold out of initial stock of MTW3. Anyone happen to know Sennheiser return policy? Says “allowed within timeframe” without saying what timeframe is. Just says that it’s on order confirm…but I’d like to know before I make purchase.
I believe they are the standard 30 days as well. Might be worth a call to them if no one has an experience with them.

May 11, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #45,246 of 62,122
Ah...and that was my issue with the stock tips. The stem was too firm foe me, leading to discomfort in the ear canal after 30 min or so. Had to do some searching, looking for mildly open to wide bore. Found some aofr generic that I had that are a happy compromise on all accounts. Love the Fokus, like the Falcon Pro now that I put Final type E and tamed the treble a bit
Final tips will most certainly do that. I actually didn't dislike the final tips at all on the Fokus pro. Also they don't completely dismantle the upper regions of the mix, just smooths them out a bit. The soundstage closed a little bit but nothing really destroys the Fokus pro unless you have a horrible seal. Nice man

Last edited:
May 11, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #45,248 of 62,122
The closed Linkbuds option some here might have waited for … spotted over on AliExpress… terrible shipping time though. Arrival July 10th… yikes.

Think we knew it was coming. Sony should have included this type of thing. Need red for R and blue for L of course.

May 11, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #45,250 of 62,122
Of course just go to the Home depot or hardware store or Amazon and get your Linkbud plugs much faster. I might go wood with some nice purple heart color stain....
1652295397453.png

If there was ever a DIY mod this is as good as any. All you need is to measure the opening right to get the right fit :)

Last edited:
May 11, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #45,252 of 62,122
Update MTW3.

Still experiencing the clipping of sound while chewing/moving mouth. (no pops or similar like the Devialet, but clipping)

Walked outside earlier today, chewing gum. The left bud was almost unusable. Clips in audio at least a couple of times every minute. Annoying!!! :frowning2:

Tried A LOT of tips, only the large Comply Foam TW-200-C limit the problem a little. But SQ with the Comply is way worse than with all silicon and included tips.

Anyone else hearing this? Could it be something faulty?
Left bud/ear is far worse than right, and problem only with ANC on.

May 11, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #45,253 of 62,122
What makes you think that I don't have experience with classic earbuds? Actually, I've been in and out of these ever since the first Yuin PK series. And my latest acquisition has been at the recommendation of one well-known Mr. ClieOS, who wrote the following about it:

Also, I think I know a bit about the intricacies of measuring such type of earbuds: :wink:

That said, I don't concur with drawing an (imo artificial) line between classic flathead and side-firing earbuds. While there's a justified distinction in terms of acoustics between full-sealing IEMs and open (non-sealing) earbuds, I don't see where that kind of distinction might be between the classic flathead and side-firing types? In my understanding, both types rely on the proximity effect for bass. Which means, the closer they're placed towards your ear canal (but still without seal), the bassier they'll sound - as demonstrated in my measurements of Rose Maria II.

Anyway, don't want to derail this thread any further, I'll just say that I have side-firing TWS earbuds that match if not exceed RM II in soundstage size and openness. Of course, perception of soundstage is subjective and may vary between different listeners, so that's just my personal 2c on that topic.
I WAS trying to be helpful, to which you apparently took offense. So, I guess since you know way more than me, I will shut-up! Have a great day!

LOL maybe they should title them as PNC add-ons (passive noise cancellation). Then they could charge more with a proper-sounding title... :)

Of course just go to the Home depot or hardware store or Amazon and get your Linkbud plugs much faster. I might go wood with some nice purple heart color stain....
1652295397453.png
If there was ever a DIY mod this is as good as any. All you need is to measure the opening right to get the right fit :)
Oh those are great! :) But maybe it would be even easier to just jab a pencil in that hole (though it might be pretty dangerous if moving.... AT ALL)... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

May 11, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #45,254 of 62,122
Update MTW3.

Still experiencing the clipping of sound while chewing/moving mouth. (no pops or similar like the Devialet, but clipping)

Walked outside earlier today, chewing gum. The left bud was almost unusable. Clips in audio at least a couple of times every minute. Annoying!!! :frowning2:

Tried A LOT of tips, only the large Comply Foam TW-200-C limit the problem a little. But SQ with the Comply is way worse than with all silicon and included tips.

Anyone else hearing this? Could it be something faulty?
Left bud/ear is far worse than right, and problem only with ANC on.
Haven't seen anybody besides you, yet. Not even on reddit where more and more people have the MTW3 as well. I cannot reproduce it no matter what I chew :D It might be faulty, yes.

Send or bring them back if you can and try another pair. Only then you can be really sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back