Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 28, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #44,746 of 61,898
Can somebody post their thoughts on how the Beoplay EXs compare to the Noble Fokus?
I wish I could, but I just flipped my NFPs because a little bird told me a secret. That said, mic is better on the EX by far. If you don't mind stems, you can't go wrong with the EX, but the NFP are cheaper without ANC. EX have multi pairing, Qi charging, decent app IMO. I'm a big fan of both, but depending on your needs/wants, hard call. NFP have less features but stellar sound. EX has a great set of feature and even though I had the NFP, I found myself using my B&O buds more. Others here may disagree. They'll sound off I'm sure.

Apr 28, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #44,747 of 61,898
I wish I could, but I just flipped my NFPs because a little bird told me a secret.
NFKP with ANC is right around the corner?

Boy that's a close call. Noble has a more audiophile tuning with a stellar EQ that really lets you tailor the sound. If you lean in the pure audiophile sound only camp, the Noble may have an edge but it's not a big one. I personally prefer the tuning of the EX stock and don't like monkeying with EQ anyway.

As far as a total package/everyday TWS that you can use at the gym, on the go, at the office etc., the EX for the win.

Apr 28, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #44,749 of 61,898
Apr 28, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #44,750 of 61,898
Hey fellas, finally have the review of the Fokus Pros on Mobileaudiophile.com

https://www.mobileaudiophile.com/noble-audio-fokuspro-review/

20220424_195915.jpg

Apr 28, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #44,753 of 61,898
NFKP with ANC is right around the corner?

Boy that's a close call. Noble has a more audiophile tuning with a stellar EQ that really lets you tailor the sound. If you lean in the pure audiophile sound only camp, the Noble may have an edge but it's not a big one. I personally prefer the tuning of the EX stock and don't like monkeying with EQ anyway.

As far as a total package/everyday TWS that you can use at the gym, on the go, at the office etc., the EX for the win.
I agree with you re: EX. I'm really having a great time with them today. I don't have to fiddle with them, twist, push for a fit. Small thing, but love it. Also, can't find any bugs yet.

Apr 28, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #44,754 of 61,898
Apr 28, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #44,757 of 61,898
Wait, so there's going to be an update to the Noble Fokus? My understanding was that there was going to be a new Falcon ANC coming out, but that the Fokus would still be the best for sound quality.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #44,758 of 61,898
I've been noticing for a while now that the gap between well established names and chi-fi has at least discussion wise here in this forum tilted in one direction. Is it because chi-fi has stagnated when it comes SQ and other features or have the well established brands really taken a leap to differentiate themselves from their brethren and therefore are getting much of the attention.
In my experience with chi-fi TWS, the lack of multi-language support in the documentation, prompts or phone app can be a barrier to adoption. I have literally dozens of wired chi-fi IEMs and a chi-fi desktop DAC/AMP so I'm definitely all for the cost benefits that chi-fi gear can provide. It's more difficult when I can't figure out how to pair/control/eq the TWS set if there's no English language support (from the perspective of an English speaker), or maybe the app isn't available without sideloading, etc.

Also I've had a pretty terrible track record for quality control of TWS sets, chi-fi or not, I've had to send back at least 3 TWS sets that were broken in some capacity on arrival. For TWS chi-fi sets that only ship from Chinese distributors, it's going to be too expensive or too much of a pain in the butt to deal with returns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back