Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 28, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #44,731 of 62,112
I would expect them to go stem to get the mics in a better position than spending time and money into getting mics up in the ear to work better. With a stem getting the mics down out of the way of the ear parts and slightly closer to the mouth is the sure way to get a better performance and saves money. Of course they are probably not passing any savings on to the consumer. Would be nice if they were $300.
They'll be $300 in a year or so. The waiting is the hardest part.

Apr 28, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #44,733 of 62,112
Just got my Beoplay EX as well. Took like 3 tries to do the firmware update, but that's my bad an I didn't follow directions. So far I love them. To me they fit much better than the EQs. I did have to go up to the large tips to get a good seal.
Same for me on all the above. I'm on a call now and have zero issues. Person on the other end hears me loud and very clear. Sadly, I haven't listened to music yet.

Apr 28, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #44,734 of 62,112
Sadly, I haven't listened to music yet.
Initial reaction based on some music samples: smooth AF. The B&O house sound is quickly becoming my favorite. Not audiophile tuned but not consumer tuned either. Something in the middle with some warmth. They sound virtually the same to me as the EQ which is about as good as TWS gets outside of an IEM adapter set up. Fit is fantastic for me using installed M tips. No issues with the stems - they are there for a reason. Definitely enjoying shiny new (expensive) toy day. If they can deliver on zoom calls, they will be worth the price.

Apr 28, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #44,735 of 62,112
Initial reaction based on some music samples: smooth AF. The B&O house sound is quickly becoming my favorite. Not audiophile tuned but not consumer tuned either. Something in the middle with some warmth. They sound virtually the same to me as the EQ which is about as good as TWS gets outside of an IEM adapter set up. Fit is fantastic for me using installed M tips. No issues with the stems - they are there for a reason. Definitely enjoying shiny new (expensive) toy day. If they can deliver on zoom calls, they will be worth the price.
Dude, wow, I actually think they sound better than the EQ. Maybe even a tick louder. I'll have to do some deep comparing and contrasting soon.

This song sound so great:

Apr 28, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #44,736 of 62,112
FW update? For $400 they should not be releasing an unfinished product. Demand a partial refund! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Nah, better that they do it than not. At least they're addressing stuff fast. Not like some companies. Uh, Devialet, M&W and others. That said, these things sound absolutely amazing. You can definitely hear a difference with the bigger driver. Soundstage sounds a little wider to me. On a honeymoon phase right now, but all I can do is enjoy the ride.

Apr 28, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #44,737 of 62,112
Nah, better that they do it than not. At least they're addressing stuff fast. Not like some companies. Uh, Devialet, M&W and others. That said, these things sound absolutely amazing. You can definitely hear a difference with the bigger driver. Soundstage sounds a little wider to me. On a honeymoon phase right now, but all I can do is enjoy the ride.
Actually, I wonder if the immediate firmware update was needed to add multi-pairing? Because they have it.

Apr 28, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #44,739 of 62,112
You guys are really killing me. The Senns aren't even close to being shipped and now I'm feeling an itch to try these B&Os. Ugh!
I feel your pain and I actually ordered them. Even UPS is jacking with me. Stops in front of my house for 5 minutes, comes out with a small box, only to venture across the street to my neighbors. Still excited for the new toy amongst all of my tears. :D

Apr 28, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #44,743 of 62,112
I feel your pain and I actually ordered them. Even UPS is jacking with me. Stops in front of my house for 5 minutes, comes out with a small box, only to venture across the street to my neighbors. Still excited for the new toy amongst all of my tears. :D
We are nuts. I sometimes track Amazon and it goes from me being the next stop to suddenly they have a few more deliveries to make. Loco.

Apr 28, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #44,744 of 62,112
You guys are really killing me. The Senns aren't even close to being shipped and now I'm feeling an itch to try these B&Os. Ugh!
Honestly, I have the Sennies on order, but I do have a feeling I'll prefer the tuning of the EX. Either way, looks like you can't order them on B&Os site for now. Maybe they're waiting for stock to replenish. Tried forwarding the link to a friend and no go.

Apr 28, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #44,745 of 62,112
Can't recall if anyone posted this so sorry if it's a dupe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back