Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 24, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #44,596 of 62,020
Guess these might be coming pretty soon....
1650828102062.png

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-...g-resemblance-to-the-WF-1000XM4.615061.0.html

New Sony ANC below the XM4 but smallest and best ergonomics/shape yet.

Apr 25, 2022 at 12:20 AM Post #44,597 of 62,020
After more than a year since I first tried it out I finally managed to get hold of a pair of the very elusive AKG N400.............and right out of the box PURELY ON SOUND it had already usurped the Fokus Pro to become my 2nd best sound pair. New toy syndrome? hmmmm maybe but it is still consistent with my memories of what I heard a year back.

It fits perfectly, albeit on the chunky side. ANC and talkthru thing not the best out there but works ok, there is some very slight ANC hiss comparing to the newer offerings which has a pitch black background. Call quality average to above average. Control is superb with the latest firmware, performing much better than before on that front. Swipe control is way more responsive now, but still not totally reliable or predictable, maybe it takes more practice. App is nicely implemented. At the US store price it is an absolute steal, total no brainer. Even at the MSRP it is *arguably* well worth it if sound quality is the prime factor in your buying choice.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #44,598 of 62,020
They sound ok to me, but battery and ANC are poor on the 1More's I have owned including the new PistonBud Pro's.

I can see by the box/screens etc they have LDAC, not sure on aptX but the total battery with case is 28 hours.

some youtuber says it doesnt have aptx. Also it reverts to aac everytime you take it out of the case.

Apr 25, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #44,601 of 62,020
Apr 25, 2022 at 8:43 PM Post #44,603 of 62,020
Apr 25, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #44,604 of 62,020
Meh, B&O with their crazy prices... Sennheiser on the other hand is going the other way.

It's kinda crazy that the brand new MTW3 will be around 40% cheaper compared to B&Os new offering.
Fair enough. The Senns look like a repackaging of an old product. Not really bringing anything new to the table. Looks pretty mediocre. I’m sure they’ll be solid. A lower price recognizes the insane amount of competition in this category.

The B&O looks more interesting to me - at least they are trying to deliver a premium product with a new form factor although you can certainly argue it’s a rip off of apple.

The EQs were terrific - looking forward to trying the EX. That said if they are not outstanding I will return them.

Apr 25, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #44,605 of 62,020

Fair enough. The Senns look like a repackaging of an old product. Not really bringing anything new to the table. Looks pretty mediocre. I’m sure they’ll be solid. A lower price recognizes the insane amount of competition in this category.

The B&O looks more interesting to me - at least they are trying to deliver a premium product with a new form factor although you can certainly argue it’s a rip off of apple.

The EQs were terrific - looking forward to trying the EX. That said if they are not outstanding I will return them.

Yeah, you're right in a way.

But at the same time, a TWS product is pretty much a desposible product, at least if you're a power user. Thus these types of products are very price sensitive.

Im sure the EXs will find their niche consumers, but if B&O ever want to move lots of products they gotta lower the price.

Unless the margins is very large for their TWS range ofc, then they'll do fine with their small core audience.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #44,606 of 62,020

But at the same time, a TWS product is pretty much a desposible product, at least if you're a power user. Thus these types of products are very price sensitive.

Im sure the EXs will find their niche consumers, but if B&O ever want to move lots of products they gotta lower the price.

Unless the margins is very large for their TWS range ofc, then they'll do fine with their small core audience.
If I were a betting man, I’ll bet the EX will sound better the the Senns. That’s based on my experience with the MTW2 and the EQ. Whether it’s worth 40 percent more is a more difficult question for sure. For me - if they sound better, fit better and have better call quality that’s a winner in my book. But yeah $400 is pushing it for TWS. Seems to be working for them this far.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #44,607 of 62,020

Basically, you are paying for the luxury brand name like the Louis Vuitton handbags and stuffs.

Apr 25, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #44,608 of 62,020
If I were a betting man, I’ll bet the EX will sound better the the Senns. That’s based on my experience with the MTW2 and the EQ. Whether it’s worth 40 percent more is a more difficult question for sure. For me - if they sound better, for better and have better call quality that’s a winner in my book. But yeah $400 is pushing it for TWS. Seems to be working for them this far.
Oh yes, I'm sure the EXs will be a really great purchase for plenty of enthusiast on this site.

I just don't see the TWS market as a +400$ market. At least not with the current tech, maybe if we ever get those solid state batteries

The B&O stock is doing extremely poorly as well, don't think this product will help them unless the margins are incredible compared to the Sonys, Sennheisers etc.

Personally I'd be thrilled to pay +1k$ for a premium TWS from an established brand, if I knew I could get the service level as you do when you buy an IEM/head phone in that price range. But given since TWS products are usually very difficult to service I don't think that market will exist :/

Apr 25, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #44,609 of 62,020
Basically, you are paying for the luxury brand name like the Louis Vuitton handbags and stuffs.
Except that a TWS won't hold value over time, on the contrary the value will drastically decrease to the point when it will be worthless (when the battery is either dead or very spent).

Apr 25, 2022 at 9:19 PM Post #44,610 of 62,020
I don’t know if that’s a fair comparison. Definitely paying something for the name but every B&O product I’ve owned has delivered on sound quality. Not audiophile grade stuff but in the consumer space it’s top notch.

Edit - my wife buys that LV stuff and says it’s worth every penny.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back