Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 17, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #44,491 of 62,070
Has anybody also some over hear wireless headphones with ANC (in the range of price as for example of Sony WH-1000XM4, Sennheiser HD450BT or Momentum 3 Wireless) and would compare their ANC efficiency with respect to that of corresponding in ear ones?
I think my Bose buds have the best ANC of the ones I own but the sound isn’t quite up there with the B&O EQ and FoKus (non NC)

Apr 17, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #44,492 of 62,070
I think my Bose buds have the best ANC of the ones I own but the sound isn’t quite up there with the B&O EQ and FoKus (non NC)

Bro do you own the EQ? Do you have the same problem with me of it not connected using aptx adaptive but aptx instead? I like the sound quality of EQ however it does not really compete well with my Bowers and Wilkins Pi7. I suspect it has something to do with the aptx it chooses.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #44,493 of 62,070
Bro do you own the EQ? Do you have the same problem with me of it not connected using aptx adaptive but aptx instead? I like the sound quality of EQ however it does not really compete well with my Bowers and Wilkins Pi7. I suspect it has something to do with the aptx it chooses.
I do indeed, my friend! However, I’ve only used them with my iPhone (AAC). I’ll see if I can pair them with my Nvidia shield (which runs Android) and check in Developer Options to see what codec it uses. My iFi xDSD defaulted to AptxHD and my HiBy buds connected by LDAC.

Apr 17, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #44,494 of 62,070
Well, I held out as long as I could to update my MW08 Sport and decided maybe Master & Dynamic pushed out a newer firmware update to address the mic issues that I had with previous MW08s. Stupidly updated them last night to the 4.4.5 firmware update and again, for the umpteenth time, totally screwed up the microphones. Completely useless on phone calls now. Awful.

Apr 17, 2022 at 11:11 PM Post #44,496 of 62,070
Well after even more listening and testing. I was surprised my Fiio M5 and Windows 10 computers were both just transmitting SBC. It must be a decently high bitrate cause it sounds decent. I've definitely been spoiled by my ES100s codec support. Looks like Windows 10 AAC support got bumped from Windows 10 21H2 to Windows 11. So when I upgrade to 11 I will have AAC on there. No luck with the Fiio M5 though as it only supports AAC in the receiver mode. At least it seems to sound fairly good.

Apr 18, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #44,497 of 62,070
Soundpeats H1, Moondrop Sparks, Sabbat E16
Have the H1, not a huge fan but they're decent.
The Moondrop Sparks has a disgustingly long delivery time from Amazon (they say between June 11-June 16 as estimated date of delivery) and the Sabbat E16 aren't available here. /:
I have H1s too. I have Soundpeats True engine 3 too. I have a few of Soundpeats cheapest TWS too. I like the H1s the best. They're not nearly a bassy compared to the their models I have. The dual driver setup keeps the sound more clear at louder volumes. My issue with them is that the tips get too warm or too much ear wax builds in the ear or tips, they tend to fall out. I had the same issue with the True Engines. Personally, I don't think they're a good buy at $80US. They're more a $50-$60 purchase to me. Heck, I would write Soundpeats and see if they're willing to cut you bigger discount. The other issue is that that ear filter isn't really replaceable, but it is. I have Etyomic Research IEM and they have filters to switch out when they got gunked with the dirt and wax. The Soundpeats you need to clean periodically. They are ear filters you can buy third party that work; I learned this from Soundpeats after a few complaints. If you like fancy apps or something, Soundpeats is not it. The H1s do have an app, but it's pretty limited in function; I mainly use for firmware updates. It gives battery percentage. I think there is some kind of EQ or one of those custom ear staging based on your actual hearing. The H1s power case does have wireless and USB C charging. Along the same lines, they do have pretty good power life. I use mine all the time, and I end up charging my case about once a month. I generally don't listen at max volume; round 25-50%

On a side note, I will say Soundpeats customer service is pretty good. I had the ear filters come off from not cleaning them regularly. I wrote Soundpeats to complain. One time they offered to replaced the unit when it came back in stock. I eventually negotiated to get a big discount on a new purchase for a new model; around 40%-50%, which they did through a refund.

Apr 18, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #44,499 of 62,070
Well, I held out as long as I could to update my MW08 Sport and decided maybe Master & Dynamic pushed out a newer firmware update to address the mic issues that I had with previous MW08s. Stupidly updated them last night to the 4.4.5 firmware update and again, for the umpteenth time, totally screwed up the microphones. Completely useless on phone calls now. Awful.
Thank you for letting us know!

Apr 18, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #44,501 of 62,070
So, because I am obsessed, I purchased the following to compare to my sony xm4 tws:

1. Akg n400
2. Devialet Gemeni
3. M andD MW08
4. JVC 1000t something
5. Noble Audio Fokus Pro

For the sony's, I use the Azla Sedna tips and they work and fit great and have outstanding sound for a TWS. Lots of people make recs, and I never like them better than the Sony's. THis includes Sennheiser, B and O, B and W, and all the overhyped bull you can imagine. It all sucks. Enter here:

AKG: great bang for your buck. FOr $74, hard to pass on these. Use different tips though, which is true for basically all of them. These are less refined, but work well, and sound great on a budget, but not as good as the Sony Xm4's.

Gemeni: I actually like these. You may like them more or less than the Sonys, but sound is about the same quality with differences in tone. I like the fit, but they are less reliable, and the sound without ANC is just so-so. If I was going to keep a back up pair, they would be these. Well... sorta.

MW08: M and W falls into the above. Overhyped, and not good at all. I don't what alien ears these fit into, but they don't fit mine, and the disc part keeps them from going into my ears comfortably. Back to amazon

JVC: another one I don't get. Don't fit great, don't sound great. Just mediocre all the way through

Fokus Pro: Boom! This is how you do it. Keeping these, and returning the other 4. Fit is great. They sound amazing, and even the tips out of the box sound good with them. The app work, they look beautiful. This is a home run. Some people have drop issues, but none for me so far. This is the very clear winner. It's not even close to the others. It's not a huge improvement over the Sonys, and I have not used them at the gym yet, but they have more separation and a tad bit better resolution and they just work and fit and sound great. Great job #nobleaudio!

Apr 18, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #44,502 of 62,070
So, because I am obsessed, I purchased the following to compare to my sony xm4 tws:

1. Akg n400
2. Devialet Gemeni
3. M andD MW08
4. JVC 1000t something
5. Noble Audio Fokus Pro

For the sony's, I use the Azla Sedna tips and they work and fit great and have outstanding sound for a TWS. Lots of people make recs, and I never like them better than the Sony's. THis includes Sennheiser, B and O, B and W, and all the overhyped bull you can imagine. It all sucks. Enter here:

AKG: great bang for your buck. FOr $74, hard to pass on these. Use different tips though, which is true for basically all of them. These are less refined, but work well, and sound great on a budget, but not as good as the Sony Xm4's.

Gemeni: I actually like these. You may like them more or less than the Sonys, but sound is about the same quality with differences in tone. I like the fit, but they are less reliable, and the sound without ANC is just so-so. If I was going to keep a back up pair, they would be these. Well... sorta.

MW08: M and W falls into the above. Overhyped, and not good at all. I don't what alien ears these fit into, but they don't fit mine, and the disc part keeps them from going into my ears comfortably. Back to amazon

JVC: another one I don't get. Don't fit great, don't sound great. Just mediocre all the way through

Fokus Pro: Boom! This is how you do it. Keeping these, and returning the other 4. Fit is great. They sound amazing, and even the tips out of the box sound good with them. The app work, they look beautiful. This is a home run. Some people have drop issues, but none for me so far. This is the very clear winner. It's not even close to the others. It's not a huge improvement over the Sonys, and I have not used them at the gym yet, but they have more separation and a tad bit better resolution and they just work and fit and sound great. Great job #nobleaudio!
Totally agree on the FoKus! I like the Klipch Mcclaren but they have an annoying tendency for start beeping in the case and the only way I’ve found to shut them up is to plug the case in to charge

Apr 18, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #44,503 of 62,070
Totally agree on the FoKus! I like the Klipch Mcclaren but they have an annoying tendency for start beeping in the case and the only way I’ve found to shut them up is to plug the case in to charge
Still not sure I like them better than the xm4. The xm4 are definitely fuller amd are louder on the same settings, which is interesting, bur the Fokus do have a bir more separation and maybe... space? Perhaps slightly nite analytical but less fun? Still comparing. The others were all really obvious. These are the only ones that are actually a contender.

Apr 18, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #44,504 of 62,070

1. Akg n400
2. Devialet Gemeni
3. M andD MW08
4. JVC 1000t something
5. Noble Audio Fokus Pro

Of cos YMMV...........but totally disagree on the JVC/Victor, the fit is admittedly not the most secure due to the larger size of the unit but it is simply the best sounding of the bunch by a vast margin...........I seriously suspect it is the only offering out there that actually looks into how to make a TWS sounds good instead of simply applying normal wired methods into the TWS mould. The Fokus comes a distant second but I can live with it through the day too, nothing offensive to the ears. None of the others I can say that unfortunately.

Apr 19, 2022 at 12:02 AM Post #44,505 of 62,070
Of cos YMMV...........but totally disagree on the JVC/Victor, the fit is admittedly not the most secure due to the larger size of the unit but it is simply the best sounding of the bunch by a vast margin...........I seriously suspect it is the only offering out there that actually looks into how to make a TWS sounds good instead of simply applying normal wired methods into the TWS mould. The Fokus comes a distant second but I can live with it through the day too, nothing offensive to the ears. None of the others I can say that unfortunately.
Is there an app that makes a difference? Because without it, they just aren't doing it. Tried different tips, adjusted EQ, and I was pretty disappointed. I'll try them again in the morning before returning them, but I wasn't getting a sound I thought was anything to write home about at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back