Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 14, 2022 at 6:55 PM Post #44,431 of 62,079
I tried Comply's, Spinfits, i think Auvio tips and one other set I can't remember what they are, with the AZ60's - the stock tips definitely seem to be the best.

I am digging these. I see why a lot of people are quite happy with them. I do really like that you can set it to double tap to ambient sound, and it pauses the music when you do so. Then the music starts back up if you tap it to another mode like OFF or ANC on. The MTW2 did that pause, but the XM4 do not which always bugged me. If I'm turning on Ambient Sound mode that means I want to pause the music, interact with the world around me, then when I'm done, I want to start the music back up. That always seemed most intuitive to me.
Yes! I've mentioned this so many this but it can't be stressed enough. The very nature of tws are the convenience factor, the auto pause/play music when going in/out of ambient is a perfect example.

I aslo agree with you regarding the stock tips, it's pretty rare for me to enjoy the stock tips more then ant of my various third party tips.

Im also still digging the AZ60 after months of use, Im very interesting if Panasonic launches a successor later this year :)

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2022 at 2:05 AM Post #44,433 of 62,079
Ha!!!
Yeah, not a rock band, my bad..
Hey, I was JK.

A serious response would have been:

Another good Ventura test track, ‘Ventura’ by Lucinda Williams off Live @ Filmore. See how well you can hear the crowd response to the line

’Put Neil Young on … turn up the sound’.

Cheers!
My HS GF and I considered ‘Horse with No Name’ our song, well plus ‘Summer Breeze’ and ‘Saturday in the Park’. Saw all those bands together, Hollywood Bowl or Greek Theater, plus Neil & Tull @ the Forum — boy am I old.

Apr 15, 2022 at 5:35 AM Post #44,434 of 62,079
I love my apple dongles. Very good. Don't hear noise floor and sound good and more than enough volume. I think most of my cans and iems are quite sensitive so I am usually running less than 10% volume. Sometimes only a couple points out of 100.

I've been enjoying these Galaxy Buds 2 quite a bit just with AAC. I've been spoiled with my ES100 and it's great codec support. These are far more convenient in many situations. Maybe at some point I'd like to get a pair of Advanced's M5-TWS ciem or maybe even just getting their molds done for these Buds 2 and maybe my MH755.

I've been demoing CFA Equinox and there are definitely things to like about their company, products, service and the Equinox but the tuning is just didn't fit the range of music I listen to. I've been putting lots of time on these Buds 2.

Thinking improving my comfort is likely the largest improvement I can make. Might try the Solstice out too as I'd really like to have a pair of customs and the shallow audiophile fit option seems like a great idea. I recently got silicone sleep plugs made and I wish I had gotten them years ago. I feel like it's likely going to feel the same way with well fitted ciem.

It definitely would be nice to be able to demo everything on the market to get a good idea of the range of possible signatures and driver technologies. Bit jealous of big city people on here with good audio stores nearby :p

Apr 15, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #44,435 of 62,079
Anyone still have Samsung Galaxy buds Live? I've just updated my unit's firmware, now it has the 360audio feature like the buds pro/ airpods pro

Apr 15, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #44,436 of 62,079
Anyone still have Samsung Galaxy buds Live? I've just updated my unit's firmware, now it has the 360audio feature like the buds pro/ airpods pro
If only the 360 audio feature actually sounded good. Horrible echo with buds pro when watching videos. No update has made it any better as of yet.

Apr 15, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #44,437 of 62,079
I am not seeing a way to tell the percentage the case of the AZ60 is charged to? Am I missing something?

Apr 15, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #44,438 of 62,079
I tried Comply's, Spinfits, i think Auvio tips and one other set I can't remember what they are, with the AZ60's - the stock tips definitely seem to be the best.

I am digging these. I see why a lot of people are quite happy with them. I do really like that you can set it to double tap to ambient sound, and it pauses the music when you do so. Then the music starts back up if you tap it to another mode like OFF or ANC on. The MTW2 did that pause, but the XM4 do not which always bugged me. If I'm turning on Ambient Sound mode that means I want to pause the music, interact with the world around me, then when I'm done, I want to start the music back up. That always seemed most intuitive to me.
I agree that the stock tips are very good with the AZ60s. But I've since gotten these and feel that they're even a better fit / seal for me:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B09B7BKM6X?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I can definitely recommend them. They're not exactly cheap, though. But now they're my goto sleeves for the AZ60s.

Apr 15, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #44,439 of 62,079
Have had no need to post in this forum recently and even reading there seem to have really been nothing that has come out with the package as complete at the AZ60.
I just love the sound. Great for working out. Great ANC and ambient and multi point!
Yup, all quiet on the new TWS front. Sennies, B&O and one other due 4th quarter this year that I was sworn to secrecy :) I'm seemingly at an end game here with my setups until those come out.

Apr 15, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #44,441 of 62,079
Yep, people connecting $2k IEM’s to $200 dongles is a little weird.. But who am I to judge..
I’m thinking about buying a second home to store my headphones..
😜

Some components are just cheap and work. Do you also need a $200 cable and $200 ear tips?

FWIW I read quite a detailed analysis of the Apple dongle and the conclusion was that it was very good, and outperformed a more expensive dongle.

Apr 15, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #44,443 of 62,079
Apple makes a battery powered Bluetooth dongle, that can connect to IEM’s?
I didn’t know..

Nope but would be interesting if they were able to with similar specs as their $10 dongles. It would.be interesting to see someone quantify TWS modular tech objectively. Has anyone seen someone test any of the modular TWS solutions?

UTWS5 looks pretty interesting. Think if I get some customs I'd probably pick those up to power em

Apr 15, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #44,445 of 62,079
Still, my Bose soundsports free (old model) has by far the best sound stage and imaging..
I probably have 30 of these TWS headphones, from $300 (Sennheiser) to $16 (cheapies but fun). I’m always looking for that crazy bargain, but end up spending enough, that I should have just bought the B and W’s P7’s 😃

Users who are viewing this thread

Back