Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 7, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #44,252 of 62,013
They're not even available on Amazon in the EU, AKG doesn't have them on their local site, AND doesn't offer international shipping. It's honestly weird how far they've gone to make sure that we don't get to buy the N400

Apr 7, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #44,254 of 62,013
True, but I think it's well worth that price, it is the first and only TWS that makes me not missing my dedicated DAPs and wired iems costing lots more.
Which ones are you talking about? The HA-FW1000t? If so, then they were third on my list. Ultimately, they were eliminated from contention because there are virtually no reviews for them out there and they don’t appear to have LDAC, which is something I wanted. Wish there were reviews and more info about them though as if they are better than my Pi7 I would most likely sell my Pi7 and grab the JVC.

Apr 7, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #44,255 of 62,013
Which ones are you talking about? The HA-FW1000t? If so, then they were third on my list. Ultimately, they were eliminated from contention because there are virtually no reviews for them out there and they don’t appear to have LDAC, which is something I wanted. Wish there were reviews and more info about them though as if they are better than my Pi7 I would most likely sell my Pi7 and grab the JVC.
Might run a search on this thread for them. A few folks had commented on them a while back, which may help you decide.

Apr 7, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #44,256 of 62,013
AKG N400?
Great price at 50 bucks but i actually ended up returning these. The mids were not for me and im too picky, i needed a bit more life on them. for the price you cant beat these though

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2022 at 12:22 AM Post #44,257 of 62,013

See mine just a couple of pages back, for one. They sound on par, if not better than, the Pi7 (IMHO the JVC sounds better), while the functionality and connectivity is, compared to the Pi7, completely hassle-free. It may be the only TWS out there with such meat and substance in the mids - Final Audio came second to that and they have actually explained it somewhere why the vast majority of TWS have bloated bass and scooped mids when compared to their wired counterparts.

Apr 8, 2022 at 12:46 AM Post #44,258 of 62,013
They're not even available on Amazon in the EU, AKG doesn't have them on their local site, AND doesn't offer international shipping. It's honestly weird how far they've gone to make sure that we don't get to buy the N400

It looks like Samsung/AKG intentionally suppress the visibility of the N400 to make way for the Galaxy Buds Pro and siblings, which are selling like mad everywhere and becoming a must-have for non-headfiers.

Apr 8, 2022 at 3:32 AM Post #44,262 of 62,013
That reminds me about the Creative Outlier Pro. Supposed to a hundred bucks or more but actually you can buy them from creative for $67.49 atm with a code. Not out yet though as it says April 20th they will be in stock. Not sure if this is a good thing or not.

Two vids I saw with a mic test that was not well done or the mic quality just isn't very good. Another vid was quick but stated they have a consumer sound with bigger bass and tamer treble than in the earlier versions of their TWS.

Hey! You probably found the video reviews I made! Thanks for checking them out! I wrote a more detailed review on the Creative Outlier Pro, and personally I do not enjoy them as much. Perhaps my aging ears prefer brighter treble tuning, the Outlier Pro is just too dark to enjoy. While the mic is nothing to shout at, I find that most earbuds using standard SoC have poor mic implementation, except those models that have proprietary mic technology - like Jabra, Technics, etc.

Apr 8, 2022 at 4:20 AM Post #44,263 of 62,013
It took me about 6 months and a switch to Android - but I don't dislike the Devialet Geminis anymore.
They are still not 100% able to perform and sound the way I would want them to, but to me the biggest issue with them is probably their limited in-app EQ?
There's nothing I can do in the app to make them sound good which was an issue when using iOS, but using Wavelet I can actually get them sounding pretty good.

What I still don't like is that even with EQ the mids just lack a bit of warmth and presence which affects vocals negatively, it sounds good but I know it could sound better.
The bass, while great for certain genres of electronic music, is also difficult to get any sort of natural sound to when it's more organic instrumentation, there's either a big "oomph" to it which kinda removes the character of the instrument, or if you EQ it down, the sound becomes the worst kind of flat and harsh to my ears.
I also feel like they're very sensitive to EQ in a way, changing the upper mids exposes the treble and makes them sound too sibilant and almost hurt my ears with just a small adjustment.

But with Wavelet they're definitely something like a 7/10 regarding sound, whereas before I thought they were a 5/10 and I could NOT understand why people were talking them up on here. I could see myself changing the EQ a little bit more and getting even better sound out of them too, so we'll see.

Apr 8, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #44,264 of 62,013
It looks like Samsung/AKG intentionally suppress the visibility of the N400 to make way for the Galaxy Buds Pro and siblings, which are selling like mad everywhere and becoming a must-have for non-headfiers.
Yeah, I think that sounds reasonable, I'm still mad about it though... like sure, don't sell them in stores here.
But don't prevent me from ordering them from Amazon or your webstore, offer some international shipping if I found myself landing on their website anyhow.

With the recent changes to how much import tax/customs fees you pay from the US to EU I think I would probably not be so inclined to get them anyway (or actually it isn't that bad when buying such a cheap product, but it would land it around $75 if I bought it from the AKG online store), so...
Edit: I can actually order them from Amazon US, but with all the extra fees they would end up being just above $100. I have a gift card on Amazon for $30 that would make it worth the cost, but unfortunately that too is only redeemable in Sweden and not anywhere else. :/ so that's a bummer. No actually, a huge bummer. For some reason even Amazon Germany has seemingly 50% more earbuds and they all have pretty good deals, voucher codes etc. Here in Sweden, I don't think I've ever seen any sort of deals like you can find there, and ordering from Amazon Germany can even be cheaper than ordering from the local store on top of the actual assortment of products being way larger in Germany.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #44,265 of 62,013
I'm kinda looking at buying some new TWS's right now just to kinda... tide me over until my next "big" purchase, and while my Technics AZ60 are off for repair/replacement.

So I'm looking for something kinda cheap, sub $100-category kinda, available on Amazon( preferrably in an EU country), anyone have any suggestions?
Been looking so far at:

Earfun Free Pro 2 (for around €60)
Soundpeats Mini Pro (around $65)
LG FP8 (around $89)
1MORE Comfobuds Mini ($99)
1More Pistonbuds Pro ($59)
Lypertek Z3 ($99)
Galaxy Buds Pro ($109)
Soundcore Life P3/Liberty Air 2 Pro ($70-ish)

Or anything else that I might be missing in my list?
Soundpeats H1, Moondrop Sparks, Sabbat E16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back