Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 5, 2022 at 6:28 AM Post #44,221 of 62,013
i experienced this for the first few days to a week of owning it. 95% concluded that it is source dependent. it only happens to one of several devices i use and unlucky for me, it's my main (oneplus nord 2). the strange thing is, it seems to have fixed itself.

mine is randomly panning to the right-center-right-far right. it is really annoying. it does not happen all the time. so the funny thing is when i brought it down to the store for replacement, it didnt do its thing. if i get to find out the cause, ill go ahead with the exchange. but as ive said, most likely to be source dependent.

Hmm, but are you referring to it noticeably panning right-center-right-far right when you're listening going back and forth? Because that's not what's happening for me. It's just my left earbuds being quieter than the right. The left earbud sounds slightly lower in volume and overall sounds a bit more muted/muffled, I think. Could just be that the lower volume makes the highs stand out less, but yeah.

I actually tried it just now with my work iPhone on top of my Android phone that I normally use just to make sure that it's not source dependent for me, and it sounds the same on the iPhone pretty much.
Think I need to go send them in for repair, and I'm worried that they might not replace/repair them as a warranty claim on the fact that my case has some scuffs and marks on it from just regular wear-and-tear, but it certainly looks they could be from drops (which they are not).
Well, we'll see.

Bummed out that I have to go back my Devialet Geminis or Sennheiser MTW2 for awhile... I might have gotten a bit spoilt with using these but they are just far superior to those two in my opinion, both in usability, comfort, call quality and sound.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 6:46 AM Post #44,222 of 62,013
Hmm, but are you referring to it noticeably panning right-center-right-far right when you're listening going back and forth? Because that's not what's happening for me. It's just my left earbuds being quieter than the right. The left earbud sounds slightly lower in volume and overall sounds a bit more muted/muffled, I think. Could just be that the lower volume makes the highs stand out less, but yeah.

I actually tried it just now with my work iPhone on top of my Android phone that I normally use just to make sure that it's not source dependent for me, and it sounds the same on the iPhone pretty much.
Think I need to go send them in for repair, and I'm worried that they might not replace/repair them as a warranty claim on the fact that my case has some scuffs and marks on it from just regular wear-and-tear, but it certainly looks they could be from drops (which they are not).
Well, we'll see.

Bummed out that I have to go back my Devialet Geminis or Sennheiser MTW2 for awhile... I might have gotten a bit spoilt with using these but they are just far superior to those two in my opinion, both in usability, comfort, call quality and sound.
ok. so for your case, unit is defective, insertion depth difference or try using different sized L-R tips

Apr 5, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #44,223 of 62,013
Has anyone had any issue with stereo imbalance on their Technics AZ60?
I just realized today that there's a pretty remarkable difference in audio volume on the left and right channel when I was listening to some music on the daily commute into work and was like "why the **** are the vocals panned so hard to the right?"
I checked in Wavelet how much I needed to lower the volume on the right earbud to get approximately the same output, and we're talking about -2 to -3 dB to make it sound similar in volume.

I need to make sure that it's not my ears being weird or just some weird wax buildup in the tips, but based on what I can see right now it shouldn't be that because if anything, the right one seems to have fared slightly worse when it comes to that.
Alas, I need to test some of the other tips but I have some doubts that it would solve my issue.
Although weirdly enough I got a notification from the Technics app saying that "regular maintenance of your earbuds should be done blablabla" or something along those lines, with a guide on how to clean the eartips. Weird coincidence that it happened now if nothing else!

Edit:
I tested my AirPods Pro now and no, it's not just my ears anyway. Even though I feel slightly paranoid that there's something weird with my ears, it's definitely not the same.

I had this issue with my Bose QC earbuds and it turned out to be actually a volume stuck on one side issue, hence changing volume change woudl actually shift the imbalance from one side to the other ... fixed with reset ... have you done a reset? :D

Apr 5, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #44,224 of 62,013

Well, we'll see.

I first experienced something this on the Devialet Gemini, a sort of 60's psychedelic rock balance shifting that would eventually settle. I assumed it was their Pressure Balance Architecture feature but have since experienced something like this and other units. Maybe something in a chipset? I don't know but I do agree it's some attempt at compensation for ear tips.

Apr 5, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #44,225 of 62,013
I had this issue with my Bose QC earbuds and it turned out to be actually a volume stuck on one side issue, hence changing volume change woudl actually shift the imbalance from one side to the other ... fixed with reset ... have you done a reset? :D
Good tip, but didn't help unfortunately :frowning2:
I'm beginning to question whether it's the right or the left bud that's ****ed... I think it's the left, but at the same time the right seems to sound like it's overly bass-heavy and bloated despite using the same EQ settings that I always have, just something I noticed when I tried lowering the volume on just the right earbud with Wavelet.

I'm listening to Talk Talk - After The Flood and every bass note sounds like a freaking bass drop or something, and that's not what they've sounded like before (the earbuds, obviously), and it's not exactly a bass-heavy production like that.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #44,226 of 62,013
Good tip, but didn't help unfortunately :frowning2:
I'm beginning to question whether it's the right or the left bud that's ****ed... I think it's the left, but at the same time the right seems to sound like it's overly bass-heavy and bloated despite using the same EQ settings that I always have, just something I noticed when I tried lowering the volume on just the right earbud with Wavelet.

I'm listening to Talk Talk - After The Flood and every bass note sounds like a freaking bass drop or something, and that's not what they've sounded like before (the earbuds, obviously), and it's not exactly a bass-heavy production like that.
It doesn't help with your issue but I love Talk Talk, haha. Not a band name you hear mentioned every day!

Apr 5, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #44,227 of 62,013
Just noticed Sennheiser had a FW update to their app. Quite a significant update with Sound Check presets which is based on personal sound ID. I’m unable to set it up though as it says music isn’t playing or something along those lines. I’m streaming so maybe it needs me to play something from the phone but currently have none.
Sound signature is a bit different too. More bass based on memory.
I’m using the CX 400BT.

Edit: they also included eq presets. Sadly the overall volume seems lower and I’m listening at 90% and I’m not blasting normally.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #44,228 of 62,013
If you hear one side louder than other, flip them round and you will soon know if it is your ears or the buds.

I know they will not fit correctly, and you may need raise the volume to compensate but it will give you your answer, I have this in many SoundPeats QCC 3040 TWS as their QC is poor and sometimes it goes away if I put them back in the case for a while but on one pair of H1 Prem's it became permanent and one pair of my Sonic Pro's is doing it the past 2-3 days but had not done so for months.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2022 at 7:44 AM Post #44,229 of 62,013
Just noticed Sennheiser had a FW update to their app. Quite a significant update with Sound Check presets which is based on personal sound ID. I’m unable to set it up though as it says music isn’t playing or something along those lines. I’m streaming so maybe it needs me to play something from the phone but currently have none.
Sound signature is a bit different too. More bass based on memory.
I’m using the CX 400BT.

Edit: they also included eq presets. Sadly the overall volume seems lower and I’m listening at 90% and I’m not blasting normally.
Not a FW update, just the app as far as I can tell?

Apr 6, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #44,230 of 62,013
Looking to try out another set of TWS and compliment my Sony WF-1000XM4, B&W Pi7 and FiiL T1 XS. Been checking out the following:

1. Senn CX400BT
2. Technics EAH-AZ60
3. Technics EAH-AZ70
4. Senn CX Plus
5. Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro
6. SoundPeats H1
7. Nuarl N10 Plus

Want to keep price below $250. Which one would you guys pick? Is there another that should be on this list that isn’t? Thanks.
I've been questioning my more expensive audio purchases ever since I picked up the Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro's. The highs are hot out of the box but once you dial it down in the app you're left with a truly amazing set of TWS IEMs. I'm on the hunt for a similar listening experience with wired IEM's and headphones, my current gear just isn't doing it for me anymore.

Apr 6, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #44,231 of 62,013
Last edited:
Apr 6, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #44,232 of 62,013
That reminds me about the Creative Outlier Pro. Supposed to a hundred bucks or more but actually you can buy them from creative for $67.49 atm with a code. Not out yet though as it says April 20th they will be in stock. Not sure if this is a good thing or not.

Two vids I saw with a mic test that was not well done or the mic quality just isn't very good. Another vid was quick but stated they have a consumer sound with bigger bass and tamer treble than in the earlier versions of their TWS.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #44,233 of 62,013
Mid week is the perfect time for a TWS IEM review, so Unique and Scroll from Padmate Tech is a happy choice for those who enjoy customisable TWS IEMS, a natural sonic presentaiton, all in the entry-level range!

More info about how they work and sound in today's full written review~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2...l-plus-tws-iems-natural-chameleon-sounds.html

Pamu-Unique-TWS-IEMs-Earphones-LDAC-aptX-Case-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-27.jpg

Apr 6, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #44,234 of 62,013
I've been questioning my more expensive audio purchases ever since I picked up the Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro's. The highs are hot out of the box but once you dial it down in the app you're left with a truly amazing set of TWS IEMs. I'm on the hunt for a similar listening experience with wired IEM's and headphones, my current gear just isn't doing it for me anymore.
I made the decision yesterday to grab the Technics AZ60. It came down to the Soundcore Pro 3 and the Technics. Ultimately it came down to a few reviewers (like Flossy) who chose the AZ60 over the SoundCore. Should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to testing the LDAC and comparing the sound against my Pi7 in APTX HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back