Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 29, 2022 at 5:01 AM Post #44,087 of 62,086
Do you have the Marshall’s my friend? How’s the ANC?
I have both the Mode II and the Motif.

The Mode II does not have ANC, while the Motif is the only Marshall TWS to have ANC. I haven't done any serious testing of the ANC but in general, I find it to be above average. I mostly use the Motif with the ANC switched on.

Mar 29, 2022 at 6:41 AM Post #44,088 of 62,086
I haven't been on here for quite a few weeks now I think, and the only answer as to why... is that I'm so pleased with my Technics AZ60 that I haven't bothered trying to find anything else new to purchase.
I'm curious to hear the verdict on the Sennheiser MTW3 vs AZ60, but I think I prefer the AZ60 vs the Sennheiser MTW2 sound-wise anyway.

The thing I just love about the AZ60 is that I rarely think about the sound much, the music just sounds kinda like I expect it to.
I know that there are even better sound experiences out there, but none that are worth it right now, especially since I can't get my hands on the Fokus Pros or anything like that, and otherwise it's the B&O EQs that are still way too expensive in my opinion.

I still want to upgrade to something new and shiny soon-ish, but I'm almost a bit happy that I don't see anything worth upgrading to right now.

Mar 29, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #44,089 of 62,086
I haven't been on here for quite a few weeks now I think, and the only answer as to why... is that I'm so pleased with my Technics AZ60 that I haven't bothered trying to find anything else new to purchase.
I'm curious to hear the verdict on the Sennheiser MTW3 vs AZ60, but I think I prefer the AZ60 vs the Sennheiser MTW2 sound-wise anyway.

The thing I just love about the AZ60 is that I rarely think about the sound much, the music just sounds kinda like I expect it to.
I know that there are even better sound experiences out there, but none that are worth it right now, especially since I can't get my hands on the Fokus Pros or anything like that, and otherwise it's the B&O EQs that are still way too expensive in my opinion.

I still want to upgrade to something new and shiny soon-ish, but I'm almost a bit happy that I don't see anything worth upgrading to right now.

I feel you, I've also been very happy with my AZ60! Hopefully Panasonic will launch a new version later this year :) I really only "need" LE audio and wireless charging, further refinements to sound quality/comfort would also be welcome ofc.

The thing with the AZ60 is...They just tick almost every box , most TWS have 1 or more big flaws.

-SQ is pretty good (especially for the price)
-Touch controls works flawlessly (+customizable)
-The case is tiny (also great shape/materials)
- Switching between ANC/Transperecny mode is flawless (pause music option ftw)
-ANC is great
- The App is one of the better ones
-Comfort is decent
-Competitive price
-Multipoint

They are really the first overall flawless TWS in my opinion, I really only miss wireless charging. I'm sure BO EQ/Fokus Pro sounds better, but they are in no way as overall great as the AZ60.

The addition of LE audio would also be welcome ofc once LC3/LC3+ becomes more prevalent.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #44,090 of 62,086
I wonder if the new Noble Falcon ANC will sound as good as the Fokus Pro?

No wonder really. We know that they won't. Just in general from price. $169 vs. $349 and they will sound as good plus have ANC? Also hopefully Noble can give us something with three drivers that couldn't have just been done with a single dynamic. That is more what KZ does. :) As has been said from the name we know. Falcon line is the lesser line so why make it a Falcon model if it is better than the Falcon range.

Mar 29, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #44,091 of 62,086
I have been having trouble with TWS. I have gone through Sony WF1000XM4, buds pro, qcys, lypertek tevi. Problem is ear pressure. I have been using IEM for years but I am having this issues with TWS only.

Any suggestion on TWS with some pressure vent other than Airpods?

Mar 29, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #44,092 of 62,086
No wonder really. We know that they won't. Just in general from price. $169 vs. $349 and they will sound as good plus have ANC? Also hopefully Noble can give us something with three drivers that couldn't have just been done with a single dynamic. That is more what KZ does. :) As has been said from the name we know. Falcon line is the lesser line so why make it a Falcon model if it is better than the Falcon range.
Hmm… wondering if I should cancel the ANC order. But who knows, maybe they’ll be superior to my current TWS favorites - B&O EQ and Gemini?

i like the Klipsch T5 II Mcclaren but i have this annoying issue where the case starts beeping if the charge goes below a certain level. It will not stop until you plug in the case or put it on a wireless charger

I’ll probably pick up the Nuratrue too

Mar 29, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #44,093 of 62,086
Hmm… wondering if I should cancel the ANC order. But who knows, maybe they’ll be superior to my current TWS favorites - B&O EQ and Gemini?

i like the Klipsch T5 II Mcclaren but i have this annoying issue where the case starts beeping if the charge goes below a certain level. It will not stop until you plug in the case or put it on a wireless charger

I’ll probably pick up the Nuratrue too

I think my N6Pro 2 case started beeping one day and I wondered what the hell was going on. Never heard about that happening. At least it was that one time for whatever reason. :)

I think at least one person has the EQ and Fokus Pro. They can chime in with some idea to make a guesstimate.

Mar 29, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #44,094 of 62,086
I think my N6Pro 2 case started beeping one day and I wondered what the hell was going on. Never heard about that happening. At least it was that one time for whatever reason. :)

I think at least one person has the EQ and Fokus Pro. They can chime in with some idea to make a guesstimate.
Awesome thanks! I’m not sure when the Falcon ANCs will arrive but I’ll let you guys know what I think.

I’m probably going to pick up the Fiio UTSW5. not sure what I’ll pair them with though. A guy on another thread suggested perhaps the Thieaudio Monarch MkII based on my musical tastes

https://www.audiophileon.com/news/theaudio-monarch-mkii-review/

Mar 29, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #44,095 of 62,086
I’m probably going to pick up the Fiio UTSW5. not sure what I’ll pair them with though. A guy on another thread suggested perhaps the Thieaudio Monarch MkII based on my musical tastes

https://www.audiophileon.com/news/theaudio-monarch-mkii-review/
I believe that is what @erockg is using for an iem/adapter setup at the moment.

With regards to Fokus/EQs, I have the Fokus and had both the EQs and Geminis before. For sound capabilities, the Fokus win but have no real features to them in comparison to the other two. It will be interesting to see how you compare the the Falcons to the EQ and Geminis.

Mar 29, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #44,096 of 62,086
Forgive me for not search this entire thread for the information, and for being a newb, but…

I’ve been reading about Qualcomm’s technology for lossless CD quality over Bluetooth, but I’m still in a quandry as to how exactly it will finally come about. Will the source of the audio stream (e.g., smartphone) AND the Bluetooth receiver (e.g., Bluetooth DAC/Amp dongle) both be required to have the Qualcomm hardware installed? Any possibility at all of the source only needing a firmware update?

Mar 29, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #44,097 of 62,086
Forgive me for not search this entire thread for the information, and for being a newb, but…

I’ve been reading about Qualcomm’s technology for lossless CD quality over Bluetooth, but I’m still in a quandry as to how exactly it will finally come about. Will the source of the audio stream (e.g., smartphone) AND the Bluetooth receiver (e.g., Bluetooth DAC/Amp dongle) both be required to have the Qualcomm hardware installed? Any possibility at all of the source only needing a firmware update?
I will say you should wait until next year for the technology to be adapted in the main stream. The lossless one should be including in the Bluetooth 5.3 which possibility will come out at 4th quarter.

Mar 29, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #44,098 of 62,086
I will say you should wait until next year for the technology to be adapted in the main stream. The lossless one should be including in the Bluetooth 5.3 which possibility will come out at 4th quarter.

I wasn’t concerned with “when”. I’m concerned with how much I’m going to have to spend whenever “when” comes around…

Mar 29, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #44,100 of 62,086
I wish the Z7 had ANC. Noisy baby in the house so that’s kind of a deal breaker for me
Gotcha. If anc is important to you than I could see why. I will say that any anc out thier in the tws world may not attenuate the sound of a baby crying... Lol. I hear you though. Z7 has some of the best passive noise isolation I've ever encountered, however that is for me and maybe not the next guy. I hope you find what you are looking for man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back