Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 16, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #43,081 of 62,114
Dude I can't live through that, especially when I know TWS have actual limit on its lifetime due to its battery. Compared to headphones and other gear that has 5+ years at least, the tiny batter on tws is just destined to make every single one of them to be in landfills.. 1 TWS is enough for my life.
I actually find myself justifying keeping multiple TWS on hand because if I have a deep rotation, the batteries will likely not go through many cycles. lol... the things we tell ourselves in this hobby/sickness.

Feb 16, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #43,083 of 62,114
I think in 1 more year or less we can have something with 20 hrs of battery with ANC on the size of the ATH-CKS50TW im very interested in those but they are still not available in the states, and dont want to buy them from Amazon JP, but seeing them now on the verge and engadget is a good sign of those coming soon to Amazon USA, i still want something with multi point, anyway battery technology is on a revolution due to the car industry pushing so sooner or later we will see better batteries in across multiple devices.

Regarding the ifixit score I also would love to see items than can be repaired more easily I always hesisate when it come to battery powered things (that you cant easily change the battery).
I totally forgot about multi-point. It's VERY VERY practical. I want a unified standard in non-Apple device environments. I want to be able to switch between my PC, Phone, TV, home audio system (server that transmits wirelessly), seamlessly. When phone call comes, I answer and switches to my phone, etc.. When I start up (answer) a video conference call on my pc (or any other device), it auto switches to it, etc.. Would be awesome!!!!!!!!

I believe this is where usefulness of wireless actually applies. It just changes the game if applied really well. It just makes so much sense for wireless to be the solution for having one device that does all over multiple wired devices.

The day when TWS becomes ideal all in one that does most things that switches automatically with perfect intuition is the day I'm looking forward to!

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #43,084 of 62,114
I'm using the TW2 adapter with the MMCX-2 Pin adapter to the Moondrop Variations.

Are the MMCX to 2 pin adapters, you’re using, like this?

666B84EA-2E87-4D8F-9F32-2438193149EA.jpeg

Feb 16, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #43,085 of 62,114
My local audio shop recommended the CA Honeydew. Sadly they were out of stock when I checked a while back and no demo unit available at that time.
They said the buds are more comfortable too since it's 3D printed from resin and not metal if I remember correctly.

The duality between Honeydew/Satsuma and Holocene/Mammoth is what grips me. I’d have to listen first before pulling any trigger. But the distributor here only shows a few older models on their website. I’ve asked the guy if they’re going to get them... or any newer models... no news.

So now I’m after the Dusk, but apparently they’re only available from China, which, as said before reflects an increase in price of at least 25%. No go, for now... I really want these.

Feb 16, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #43,086 of 62,114
I actually find myself justifying keeping multiple TWS on hand because if I have a deep rotation, the batteries will likely not go through many cycles. lol... the things we tell ourselves in this hobby/sickness.
That's exactly what I tell my self... Nobody can tell me different either... Lol. "Eh, those batteries are still good"

Feb 16, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #43,087 of 62,114
Feb 16, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #43,088 of 62,114
I have not listened to wired IEMs in a while, but I decided to last night.
I listened to all of my TWS buds as well, ranging from $30-$300 each.
The listening experience of $60 wired IEMs still blow all of the TWS out of the water.
I stopped believing that awhile ago, but the test proved it. Sad but true.

But the convenience of TWS is almost priceless, especially while exercising.
Plus most smartphones losing the headphone jack is still sad, steering us all on the quest to find the "perfect" TWS buds.

Feb 16, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #43,089 of 62,114
Can we make separate threads for TWS adapters/IEMS and actual TWS earbuds?

This prearticular thread is becoming extremely long as well.

Sorry. Don’t agree. I know lately a lot of talk has been had for IEMs but that’s because, while we wait for higher resolution in Bluetooth, the “adapters” are here. The connecting info here is soooo useful.

And the main subject is and will be TWS.

Just my opinion. Thanks.

Feb 16, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #43,090 of 62,114
Sorry. Don’t agree. I know lately a lot of talk has been had for IEMs but that’s because, while we wait for higher resolution in Bluetooth, the “adapters” are here. The connecting info here is soooo useful.

And the main subject is and will be TWS.

Just my opinion. Thanks.
It is what it is. No sane person would start on page 1 go through this thread. Search is your friend. Anyway, TWS tech improves over time so most recent info is of interest.

It does make sense to split up adapters just to organize if better. I know it's not gonna happen though.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #43,091 of 62,114
It is what it is. No sane person would start on page 1 go through this thread. Search is your friend. Anyway, TWS tech improves over time so most recent info is of interest.

It does make sense to split up adapters just to organize if better. I know it's not gonna happen though.

Hopefully no one splits it up.

I was away for a while so I’m reading through the last 200 pages. Halfway through now. It’s like a TWS and headphones lover dream novel for me!

Edit: Oh, and I’ve read it all from the start, because I was here almost from the start. The epic goes on.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #43,094 of 62,114
I have not listened to wired IEMs in a while, but I decided to last night.
I listened to all of my TWS buds as well, ranging from $30-$300 each.
The listening experience of $60 wired IEMs still blow all of the TWS out of the water.
I stopped believing that awhile ago, but the test proved it. Sad but true.

But the convenience of TWS is almost priceless, especially while exercising.
Plus most smartphones losing the headphone jack is still sad, steering us all on the quest to find the "perfect" TWS buds.
Very true... Wired is the tops in fidelity. I can say for sure that wireless devices such as the IFi Go Blu and qudelix 5k, fiio btr5 really bridge the gap as far as actual fidelity goes. There is almost no difference. Even adapters are so very close. Just wait until better dac/amps are put inside these guys... There will be very little difference. Fiio is the closest I've heard to a big wide soundstage with dynamics across the spectrum and balanced throughout. Tws has a ways to go but truthfully you can still very much enjoy your music and hear your music in a satisfying way. Some are better than others and it's a joy to find a tws set that sounds really really good and has features and a nice compact lil case... So convenient like you said. I love it all man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back