Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 18, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #41,896 of 62,079
Crinacle made the Fhe with boosted bass but says he did so in a way that the bass does not infringe on the Mids or anywhere else on the spectrum. For $129 the FH3 are so good man. I have had them for about a year and I always always go back to them. I have much more expensive iems but I just love the sound sig of the FH3. Anyways you may enjoy the ZAS, many do... I happen to love the bass and just the tonality. Honestly man there are so many iems that are bonkers good at every price point down to $10 bucks. Not kidding.
Have you tried the FHE with the boosted bass? If so, what are you thoughts in comparison to the original FH3? I'm finding the timeless while exceptional on technicalities is a little fatiguing and slightly bright for my taste on a few songs... looking for something warmer, relaxed, similar degree of bass and more musicality.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #41,897 of 62,079
Have you tried the FHE with the boosted bass? If so, what are you thoughts in comparison to the original FH3? I'm finding the timeless while exceptional on technicalities is a little fatiguing and slightly bright for my taste on a few songs... looking for something warmer, relaxed, similar degree of bass and more musicality.
What price point are you looking at? I have not tried the Fhe as I have not seen it on sale yet here in the States. My first question to you would be, what is your preferred sound signature (if you know). I saw you say warmer and more relaxed. If you are looking in that price point around $150-200 then I would say that the set I have been loving lately to a ridiculous degree is the TRI I3 Pro. It has a Dynamic Driver, a Planar (like the Timeless) and a BA. It is relaxed and warmer and the bass is awesome to me. Another I am currently loving is the Tanchjim Hana 2021...it is Harman tuned but with slightly more energy up top (non fatiguing) with tighter bass and just an awesome tonality... Really great. There is literally so many sets that could fit the bill. If you have a price you are looking at then we can tailor things down a bit.

Jan 18, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #41,898 of 62,079
What price point are you looking at? I have not tried the Fhe as I have not seen it on sale yet here in the States. My first question to you would be, what is your preferred sound signature (if you know). I saw you say warmer and more relaxed. If you are looking in that price point around $150-200 then I would say that the set I have been loving lately to a ridiculous degree is the TRI I3 Pro. It has a Dynamic Driver, a Planar (like the Timeless) and a BA. It is relaxed and warmer and the bass is awesome to me. Another I am currently loving is the Tanchjim Hana 2021...it is Harman tuned but with slightly more energy up top (non fatiguing) with tighter bass and just an awesome tonality... Really great. There is literally so many sets that could fit the bill. If you have a price you are looking at then we can tailor things down a bit.
I'm willing to spend up to $250 USD and the one that I'm eyeing is the Legacy 5. But yes, the sound profile that I would enjoy is warmer, relaxed (non fatiguing) good sub-bass, emphasized mids/vocals with above average or better than good soundstage and imaging.

Jan 18, 2022 at 8:38 PM Post #41,899 of 62,079
I'm willing to spend up to $250 USD and the one that I'm eyeing is the Legacy 5. But yes, the sound profile that I would enjoy is warmer, relaxed (non fatiguing) good sub-bass, emphasized mids/vocals with above average or better than good soundstage and imaging.
I'd pass on the L5 and go with the Mangird Tea. I had the 5s last week and after watching/reading some reviews about the Mangrid, they just blow away the 5s. Using them with now with the AZ09 Pro and they ROCK. It's little more than you want to spend, but I think it's worth it.

Jan 18, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #41,900 of 62,079
Fiio FH5, TRI I3 pro, fiio fd5 if you can find a sale, Kato, Hana 2021, Tanchjim Oxygen (big brother to Hana), final audio e5000 (harder to drive), ikko oh10. These are a start, there is a bunch more but I don't want to throw too many at you and of course what @erockg said...Mangird Tea if you can go higher. I'd check some reviews as all of these have plenty of reviews out there

Jan 18, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #41,901 of 62,079
The sets I listed are $150- 280ish, there are good sets for less but these just happen to be in that price point

Jan 19, 2022 at 2:47 AM Post #41,903 of 62,079
Current Bluetooth standard is 256kbps.

Apple says next year their AirPods Pro 2 will be doing lossless.

So we’re inching closer, to truly great sound quality.

But wired is still clearly king.

I can’t wait to see a big APPLE logo staring at me right out of people’s ears, on a white stemless AirPodPro2, shaped like many of the current Bluetooth stuff from Sony/etc, which rest entirely just behind the pinna.

Jan 19, 2022 at 4:40 AM Post #41,904 of 62,079
After spending some more time with the Technics AZ60 I really, really like them!

After some more EQ-ing, the bass is now less bloated but still very present.
Vocals sound really good, the sound is overall just smooth and not fatiguing at all. Seems detailed enough.
Feel like they're better for pop and electronic music over guitar-based/heavy music, but tinkering with the EQ I think most people could find enjoyment out of these earbuds.
I still feel like I'm trying to find the "perfect" sound for me in earbuds and I haven't found it so far, but these come somewhat close.
Fit is superb though they make my ears produce more wet earwax (maybe TMI). I prefer a deep fit, but it seems like my ears don't. Will probably try to find a good set of more shallow-fitting earbuds for my next pair.
Call quality seems to be very good (especially for not being stem-style) even if it seems sensitive to wind.
ANC is great, but not excellent. As long as you're playing music at reasonable levels you're probably not going to be bothered, but I noticed that I could hear my bathroom faucet with these way more than some other buds that I have.
The touch-triggered pads on the buds are a bit too sensitive. I had the hood on my jacket up the other day because it was raining like crazy and it kept pausing and playing the music because the earbuds just slightly touched the fabric on the inside of the hood.

I wish I could find an earbud that had the bass capabilites of the Devialet Geminis with the mids of the Technics AZ60 and the highs of the... I don't know, Sennheiser MTW2's, maybe? Deep sub-bass rumble with at least a little bit of slam in the mid-bass (when the song requires it) with clear mids and some slight focus on vocals and clarity, with slightly more "crisp" highs.

Jan 19, 2022 at 4:41 AM Post #41,905 of 62,079
To add to my previous post, that would be a fun game to hear from you guys:

If you could combine different aspects of the sound and features of different TWS earbuds, what would be your combinations?

Jan 19, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #41,906 of 62,079
After spending some more time with the Technics AZ60 I really, really like them!

After some more EQ-ing, the bass is now less bloated but still very present.
Vocals sound really good, the sound is overall just smooth and not fatiguing at all. Seems detailed enough.
Feel like they're better for pop and electronic music over guitar-based/heavy music, but tinkering with the EQ I think most people could find enjoyment out of these earbuds.
I still feel like I'm trying to find the "perfect" sound for me in earbuds and I haven't found it so far, but these come somewhat close.
Fit is superb though they make my ears produce more wet earwax (maybe TMI). I prefer a deep fit, but it seems like my ears don't. Will probably try to find a good set of more shallow-fitting earbuds for my next pair.
Call quality seems to be very good (especially for not being stem-style) even if it seems sensitive to wind.
ANC is great, but not excellent. As long as you're playing music at reasonable levels you're probably not going to be bothered, but I noticed that I could hear my bathroom faucet with these way more than some other buds that I have.
The touch-triggered pads on the buds are a bit too sensitive. I had the hood on my jacket up the other day because it was raining like crazy and it kept pausing and playing the music because the earbuds just slightly touched the fabric on the inside of the hood.

I wish I could find an earbud that had the bass capabilites of the Devialet Geminis with the mids of the Technics AZ60 and the highs of the... I don't know, Sennheiser MTW2's, maybe? Deep sub-bass rumble with at least a little bit of slam in the mid-bass (when the song requires it) with clear mids and some slight focus on vocals and clarity, with slightly more "crisp" highs.
May you show your eq?

Jan 19, 2022 at 6:20 AM Post #41,907 of 62,079
The ZAS are very nice. The AZ09 Pro is what everyone has been talking about. Also, the FH3 are some of my favorite ever
Thanks I'll get the pros, but I'll hold off just a bit for now. Maybe my arias will come soon to tide me over.
Crinacle made the Fhe with boosted bass but says he did so in a way that the bass does not infringe on the Mids or anywhere else on the spectrum. For $129 the FH3 are so good man. I have had them for about a year and I always always go back to them. I have much more expensive iems but I just love the sound sig of the FH3. Anyways you may enjoy the ZAS, many do... I happen to love the bass and just the tonality. Honestly man there are so many iems that are bonkers good at every price point down to $10 bucks. Not kidding.
I'll rewatch giz's review on the eclipse as well. I think I could save money and be on the safe side and go with the fh3 then. I also don't think I like crin's tuning pref if he happened to alter other frequencies.

I used my leas with utws3's yesterday with iphone in car. The hook at the top of the 3's don't hang of my ear and instead are like over it, so it feels like I have something just flopping behind my ear which is annoying. Ok at home, but even too much in a car let alone walking around. It was worse with the mmcx to 2 pin adapter.

The worst thing is that the leas need to be eq'ed to really stand out, but I don't have a system wide eq on my iphone like on my pc.

Jan 19, 2022 at 6:59 AM Post #41,908 of 62,079
That's nuts. Actually, I feel like the output of the 3s are working better for me here. Odd. The 5s didn't do as well with my Variations or Mangird. Try those AZ09 Pros. Fo the price, whew. Really surprising. Been using them all day. They were $46 on Amazon and then I added a 3 year warranty for $6. They're tiny and my IEMs fit great in the case with the adapters connected.
Yeah, I had the pro’s but returned them because I didn’t want to mod them. I’ve since reordered them from China. I was excited to try the UTWS5 with my Arias, but no dice.

Jan 19, 2022 at 7:03 AM Post #41,909 of 62,079
There is something wrong, you shouldn't pull the Leas past 50/100. Is absolute volume disableb and did you turn the sound all the way up on the adapters, sorry if that is a stupid question
Couldn’t get the adapters to stay connected to the Fiio app. Would connect for a split sec then go back to disconnected screen. Sending them back to Audio46 (on my dime). :frowning2:

Jan 19, 2022 at 7:06 AM Post #41,910 of 62,079
Thanks I'll get the pros, but I'll hold off just a bit for now. Maybe my arias will come soon to tide me over.

I'll rewatch giz's review on the eclipse as well. I think I could save money and be on the safe side and go with the fh3 then. I also don't think I like crin's tuning pref if he happened to alter other frequencies.

I used my leas with utws3's yesterday with iphone in car. The hook at the top of the 3's don't hang of my ear and instead are like over it, so it feels like I have something just flopping behind my ear which is annoying. Ok at home, but even too much in a car let alone walking around. It was worse with the mmcx to 2 pin adapter.

The worst thing is that the leas need to be eq'ed to really stand out, but I don't have a system wide eq on my iphone like on my pc.
I love the sound of the Leas, but even with three different cables I couldn’t find a comfy, secure fit with the stock ear tips. Haven’t had that issue in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back