Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 18, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #41,882 of 61,380
Seriously impressed so far with the AZ09. Wish I had known about this before the BT30 purchase. Not hat the BT30s aren't okay, they're just not needed now. Can't fit IEMs in the case of the BT30 like the KZs. Also, the KZs do not work with the Moondrop Variations and possibly other Moondrop IEMs due to the recessed input of the buds. The housing tip of the KZs are too big, unless there is another workaround.
Got my AZ09's today. Have to say I'm impressed equally as well. Only gripe (if I have to have one) is that the buttons require quite a bit of pressure to work.

That said, these are very impressive, particularly as they come in at half the price of my UTWs3's (which I love as well).

Jan 18, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #41,883 of 61,380
Out of curiosity, is there a list of iems that will fit the AZ09 Pro's?

I know about the KZ site's list, but it only really covers there own model. I'm running mine with the CRA (which both KZ and CCA didn't list as compatible.

Jan 18, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #41,884 of 61,380
Out of curiosity, is there a list of iems that will fit the AZ09 Pro's?

I know about the KZ site's list, but it only really covers there own model. I'm running mine with the CRA (which both KZ and CCA didn't list as compatible.
You can greatly increase that list of iems which fit by modding these like a few of us here. I used an exacto knife and sliced away the rubber covering (hood) over the two pins which opens these up to fit most 2 pin iems. However any iem which has recessed two pin sockets (Moondrop Aria) it likely will still have a hard time properly connecting

Jan 18, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #41,885 of 61,380
For those keeping score, the Shure TW2s with the micro MMCX-2 Pin adapter works great! Changed the setting on the TW2 to Aonic 3 and they power the Moondrop Variations and Mangird Teas very well. Fits better with the micro adapter over the standard. Might be kicking back my UTWS5s until they release some sort of fw update to fix the bugs. Thanks to KZ and their AZ09 Pros for making this happen. Oh, and also props to @voicemaster who initially mentioned this hack to me a while back.

Attachments

• 0054A68F-3B69-430E-A5ED-BD3986D86B63.jpeg
    0054A68F-3B69-430E-A5ED-BD3986D86B63.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Jan 18, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #41,887 of 61,380
Just received my UTWS5s and hooked up my new Tripowin Lea’s. Had to crank the volume to - I kid you not - 100% to get them to anywhere near appreciable. I have never had to crank my phone to 100% volume for anything. Also, the Fiio app does not work with them for me… for now.
That's nuts. Actually, I feel like the output of the 3s are working better for me here. Odd. The 5s didn't do as well with my Variations or Mangird. Try those AZ09 Pros. Fo the price, whew. Really surprising. Been using them all day. They were $46 on Amazon and then I added a 3 year warranty for $6. They're tiny and my IEMs fit great in the case with the adapters connected.

Jan 18, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #41,888 of 61,380
Ya I tried with the Arias and they stay on but not well... Which in turn means... They don't work with the AZ09 Pro. I currently have the KZ ZAS on them and man these are perfect for these adapters to me. Good clean and punchy bass with the high gain enabled. The Mids sound good, not recessed and the highs sparkle well enough.
Darn kz zas are 70, I'm getting greedy and hoping for more $30- range iems, lol. How are the zas's? I'll prob get the az09 since they're so cheap, but that sucks they don't work with aria. Maybe I'll use the utws3's with aria and az09 with leas.
Just received my UTWS5s and hooked up my new Tripowin Lea’s. Had to crank the volume to - I kid you not - 100% to get them to anywhere near appreciable. I have never had to crank my phone to 100% volume for anything. Also, the Fiio app does not work with them for me… for now.
The leas sound great with my utws3's. I'll use them today traveling to see how they do. I usually have to crank everything with my timeless, but the leas are much more forgiving. I'll just reiterate that the leas are a f'ing steal at 26. I think I'm actually preferring them to my timeless for the tonality, and the insane technicality of the timeless is too much for me to want to use all the time.

Jan 18, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #41,889 of 61,380
For the KZ09, are the pros worth it for 2x the price? I saw a thread on it on reddit but it looks inconclusive. Replies from people that prob dont have either one.

Also is there really a diff between the B and C pin versions for the housing of the cable where I could only use say the C version for the ZAS or certain 2 pin iem's? Yet the pro only seems to have one version?

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #41,890 of 61,380
Darn kz zas are 70, I'm getting greedy and hoping for more $30- range iems, lol. How are the zas's? I'll prob get the az09 since they're so cheap, but that sucks they don't work with aria. Maybe I'll use the utws3's with aria and az09 with leas.

The leas sound great with my utws3's. I'll use them today traveling to see how they do. I usually have to crank everything with my timeless, but the leas are much more forgiving. I'll just reiterate that the leas are a f'ing steal at 26. I think I'm actually preferring them to my timeless for the tonality, and the insane technicality of the timeless is too much for me to want to use all the time.
The ZAS are fantastic man

Jan 18, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #41,891 of 61,380
There is something wrong, you shouldn't pull the Leas past 50/100. Is absolute volume disableb and did you turn the sound all the way up on the adapters, sorry if that is a stupid question

Jan 18, 2022 at 6:36 PM Post #41,892 of 61,380

However if you are looking at the $30 range there is quite a few nice sets. I think the Leas are looking to be the under $30 king, I have them ordered as well as the Fiio Jh3 for $39...so far great reviews... I'm looking forward to those

Jan 18, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #41,893 of 61,380
The ZAS are fantastic man
Hahahaa ur killing me, I'll order the ZAS and prob C pin az09 later. Is everyone getting just the normal az09 and not the pro? Also, out of curiosity, do most 2 pin iem's work with the C pin? I asked this a few posts up, but I edited the post to ask it.

However if you are looking at the $30 range there is quite a few nice sets. I think the Leas are looking to be the under $30 king, I have them ordered as well as the Fiio Jh3 for $39...so far great reviews... I'm looking forward to those

I'm interested in how you like the jh3's.

I'm kind of in paralysis by analysis with the fh3 vs the eclipse. I'm worried I don't like crin's tuning because of the kz crn's. It reminds me of the tuning of the buds+ I don't like. At $150 I don't feel as willy nilly about just ordering on a crapshoot.

I think I'm understanding more what I like, this is my eq on linux which I'm loving with everything. I'm not sure what it means I like, if it's just I'm meh about bass, scooped mids, and boosted treble?

1642549146645.png

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2022 at 6:53 PM Post #41,894 of 61,380
Hahahaa ur killing me, I'll order the ZAS and prob C pin az09 later. Is everyone getting just the normal az09 and not the pro? Also, out of curiosity, do most 2 pin iem's work with the C pin? I asked this a few posts up, but I edited the post to ask it.

I'm kind of in paralysis by analysis with the fh3 vs the eclipse. I'm worried I don't like crin's tuning because of the kz crn's. It reminds me of the tuning of the buds+ I don't like. At $150 I don't feel as willy nilly about just ordering on a crapshoot.

I think I'm understanding more what I like, this is my eq on linux which I'm loving with everything. I'm not sure what it means I like, if it's just I'm meh about bass, scooped mids, and boosted treble?

The ZAS are very nice. The AZ09 Pro is what everyone has been talking about. Also, the FH3 are some of my favorite ever

Jan 18, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #41,895 of 61,380

1642549146645.png
Crinacle made the Fhe with boosted bass but says he did so in a way that the bass does not infringe on the Mids or anywhere else on the spectrum. For $129 the FH3 are so good man. I have had them for about a year and I always always go back to them. I have much more expensive iems but I just love the sound sig of the FH3. Anyways you may enjoy the ZAS, many do... I happen to love the bass and just the tonality. Honestly man there are so many iems that are bonkers good at every price point down to $10 bucks. Not kidding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back