Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 22, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #39,497 of 62,087
Last edited:
Nov 22, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #39,499 of 62,087
I've returned my AZ60 today and got refunded already. In overall, they were a nice pair, they sounded good. Bluetooth connectivity was weak, meaning the phone should be in the same room with me. Also, the fit was not the optimum, on a windy day I could hear the wind passing through on peaceful songs. I never took them while jogging but something tells me they are not meant for sports, because one day, while brushing my teeth and leaning over, one felt off my ear. In any case, I enjoyed them and for fifty pounds less, they would be a bargain.

Today, I've also received these. I've just started burning them in, they require 200+ hours... The fit is amazing, and I sincerely hope they will open up and play better = more bass. I believe they will pair well with my FiiO UTWS5, which arrives around December 13.
I actually just returned the AZ60 as well. A very good set but with something lacking for me. Perhaps I am chasing something which does not exist, however I am chasing nonetheless. The AZ60 have an issue with complicated tracks. For me they lack in some areas of the bass and have certain areas of the spectrum with graininess. Please don't get me wrong any of you who enjoy the AZ60 should be happy.... I'm just a crazy person. I sti primarily listen to iems thru dongle, dap, qudelix or btr5 but I am on the hunt for the best SQ out there in a tws and if I'm not completely happy than why hold onto a $240 set of tws?

Nov 22, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #39,501 of 62,087
So would the Jabra 75T be a good choice for $99CAD? Never tried a Jabra yet...

Nov 22, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #39,502 of 62,087
I actually just returned the AZ60 as well. A very good set but with something lacking for me. Perhaps I am chasing something which does not exist, however I am chasing nonetheless. The AZ60 have an issue with complicated tracks. For me they lack in some areas of the bass and have certain areas of the spectrum with graininess. Please don't get me wrong any of you who enjoy the AZ60 should be happy.... I'm just a crazy person. I sti primarily listen to iems thru dongle, dap, qudelix or btr5 but I am on the hunt for the best SQ out there in a tws and if I'm not completely happy than why hold onto a $240 set of tws?
The sibilance and fit are leaning me towards returning mine as well. They're not awful, but are losing some love over here.

Nov 22, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #39,503 of 62,087
I'm really delighted to report that even without me sharing the review too much, it still reached many of you, because some TWS IEMs are always welcome, and NUARL N10 Plus are comfy, sound good, and pocket-friendly~

If you have questions, I'm always around, and please look forward to the coming days / weeks, I have many more really interesting reviews to share!!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/11/nuarl-n10-plus-tws-iems-press-forward-attack-force.html

NUARL-N10-Plus-N10Plus-TWS-True-Wireless-Bluetooth-IEMs-Earphones-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-11.jpg

Nov 22, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #39,504 of 62,087
So would the Jabra 75T be a good choice for $99CAD? Never tried a Jabra yet...
They're great buds and that is definitely a great price, but imo, it's older tech and they're blowing them out. I had issues with the sound and fit with the 75Ts, but I'm always one who wants the latest and greatest. Sad addiction :wink:

Nov 22, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #39,505 of 62,087
The sibilance and fit are leaning me towards returning mine as well. They're not awful, but are losing some love over here.
Man I really wanted to love these. You are correct about the sibilance. I did every mod I could to help it but.... These are just a sibilant set. I think I did get these to a place of good sound but like the LP3 that was with heavy eqing.

Nov 22, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #39,506 of 62,087
Man I really wanted to love these. You are correct about the sibilance. I did every mod I could to help it but.... These are just a sibilant set. I think I did get these to a place of good sound but like the LP3 that was with heavy eqing.
Same. I wound up returning the LP3s as well. Drove me nuts. I have to admit, the KEH Mu3s sound very good with the stock sound. Been rocking them against the AZ60 all day and they sound so much nicer to my old ears.

Nov 22, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #39,507 of 62,087
Marshall Mode II is $170 CAD in Canada. Reg. price is $250.

Shure TW2 is down to $255 from $300 CAD.

Shure Free is available too for $270 down from $320 CAD.

Lypertek PurePlay Z7 down to $180 CAD.

Sennheiser MTW2 is currently $250 CAD.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #39,508 of 62,087
So, certain TWS are tip finnicky. Not the AT CKS50TW. Stock tips are decent and I like a few others. Some other TWS and even the previous ATH-CK70TW I had were not so accepting of tips. I have the one pair of tips that was a clear best with my previous AT are still good here. I think they may be a Phiaton/Cresyn tip from way back. Have two pair of JVC tips from an FX17, a pair from the AE5T sports TWS, and the old style Ultimate ears gray tips all can be used.
IMG_1833.JPG

The assumed Phiaton on the top right are longer and softer and slightly smaller bore. Nice balance clean sound slightly less tall but deeper.

The JVC shown with the FX17 to explain why one is red and one black since those earphones have a theme to them. On the slightly softer side and wider bore as big as any here. Second best sound behind the UE tips for big sound with good balance.

The middle UE tips in gray are the best for sound. Just slightly as not very much difference or I would exclude them. A bit nicer bass and the biggest sound for height and width.

The blue JVC sport tips are firmer/a smidge thicker than the rest making them the best for the ANC. They are are very much like the FX17 tips except not as soft or glossy so they are a smidge warmer and take a very slight bit off the upper brightness. Right now with NY wind and weather they are the best choice. 4 out of 5 just behind the Phiaton and above stock for SQ. A smidge more smooth and bigger stage height than Phiaton but a little less bass and treble balance.

In case anyone is curious Spiral dots did not make the list as they are not as good as either of the other two JVC tips. Same bore is just as big but a little more diffuse less sharp. The glossier FX17 tips keep the most high end and sharpness of note as they don't absorb higher freqs as much and the slightly shiny blues reflect or preserve more than the most flat or matte Spiral Dot but not quite as much as the FX17 do.

Probably down to the AT's tear drop shape for the easy, good, comfy fit and why they agree with quite a few tips. there are others in my kit I am sure but I am done trying. :)

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #39,509 of 62,087
Marshall Mode II is $170 CAD in Canada. Reg. price is $250.

Shure TW2 is down to $255 from $300 CAD.

Shure Free is available too for $270 down from $320 CAD.

Lypertek PurePlay Z7 down to $180 CAD.

Sennheiser MTW2 is currently $250 CAD.
Someone needs to start a live Google spreadsheet for all of us :wink:. No way, I'm not nominating myself. Then again, if all of us Head-fi veterans have access, we could all update. Again, not nominating myself!

Nov 22, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #39,510 of 62,087
Someone needs to start a live Google spreadsheet for all of us :wink:. No way, I'm not nominating myself. Then again, if all of us Head-fi veterans have access, we could all update. Again, not nominating myself!
Think you should do it!! One column for CAD, one for US, one for EU. :imp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back