Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 14, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #39,361 of 61,381
I frustratingly went for a cycle and my Sennheiser CX case must've slipped out of my pocket. I now have a pair of perfectly functioning 3 month old pair of earphones with no way to charge them. I've contacted Sennheiser and they don't sell the case separately or provide replacements. I'll now probably just wait for the international release of the Beats Fit Pros as I'm so deeply entrenched in the Apple ecosystem that I'm willing to give up sound quality for convenience and microphone quality.
You could try eBay, at times people sell the cases alone

Nov 14, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #39,362 of 61,381
I frustratingly went for a cycle and my Sennheiser CX case must've slipped out of my pocket. I now have a pair of perfectly functioning 3 month old pair of earphones with no way to charge them. I've contacted Sennheiser and they don't sell the case separately or provide replacements. I'll now probably just wait for the international release of the Beats Fit Pros as I'm so deeply entrenched in the Apple ecosystem that I'm willing to give up sound quality for convenience and microphone quality.
Not sure if you can order it from their German site where they sell the case only as a replacement part:
https://en-de.sennheiser.com/charging-case-cx-400bt

Nov 14, 2021 at 9:28 PM Post #39,364 of 61,381
I've never had a pair, what is the Sennheiser sound?
Without hearing it, it hard to fully describe. In the case of my response I mentioned it because Sebek mentioned the HD6 as his reference for sound.

The general Sennheiser sound in my usage has a mid-bass hump that often colors The midrange making the midrange warmer. With a treble that presents cymbals with a bit more sharpness that I would describe as tinny versus brassy. They are generally energetic and detailed but due to the mid-bass hump are not as good with music that needs a lot of sub-bass.

Nov 15, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #39,365 of 61,381
I picked up the L3Pros recently and spent a while on a 'plane with them testing the ANC, comparing them to the AirPods Max which (to me) is the best ANC out there right now. Whilst you'd expect the AirPods Max to be better, which is especially true without music, the L3Pros were sufficient with music but not top relative to other ANC TWS I've tried. Neither were good enough to blot out a 777 on take off and climb though so there's still some way to go in ANC quality...

I've been really pleasantly surprised with the sound and comfort of the L3Pros listening to music after HearID. They are easily the best of my small collection (Jabra 85, AirPod Pro, Edifiers etc) of TWS and better than some of my ANC over ears too.

They do have two annoyances though:
1. Putting the 'phones in the case is a bit fiddly and sometimes the left bud doesn't make contact/remains on
2. With my big ears, sometimes when I lean on something e.g. 'plane window, my ear hits the touch control and does some random function

A few things that I miss from other TWS:
1. Priority when on 2 connections to drop the 2nd connection when on a phone call/Zoom for better quality and to stop interruptions (Jabra)
2. Mute the microphone (Jabra)
3. Transparent mode that is decent (AirPods Pro). L3Pro has it but it needs significant improvement...it is just about OK for a short sentence but not to have it on all the time.

Nov 15, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #39,367 of 61,381
Hi everyone,(sorry for my English)
I currently own the Oppo Enco X, I wanted to get another set of tws.
What do you recommend for SQ between:
- Liberty 3 pro
- Technics AZ60
- Melomania Touch

Thanks 😉
They are all nice sounding sets. If I had my pick I would go with the AZ60's. I have all 3 and I really enjoy them all. Many people have stated issues with the Touch, however I have never had an issue with them so keep that in mind. Honestly if more features are also something you are needing then the LP3 and AZ60 are the two you want to look at. SQ wise, imo these all perform nicely and they all have bright spots which better the other two. Again I do own them all and if someone told me I had to get rid of two of them then I would keep the AZ60

Nov 15, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #39,368 of 61,381
Sono tutti set dal suono piacevole. Se potessi scegliere, sceglierei le AZ60. Li ho tutti e 3 e mi piacciono davvero tutti. Molte persone hanno dichiarato problemi con il Touch, tuttavia non ho mai avuto problemi con loro, quindi tienilo a mente. Onestamente, se hai bisogno di più funzionalità, allora LP3 e AZ60 sono i due che vuoi guardare. SQ saggio, imo che si comportano tutti bene e hanno tutti punti luminosi che migliorano gli altri due. Anche in questo caso li possiedo tutti e se qualcuno mi dicesse che dovevo sbarazzarmene di due, terrei l'AZ60
Thank you very much for the immediate reply 😀

Nov 15, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #39,370 of 61,381
I received both the ePro TWS Series TW00 and the AZLA SednaEarfit Crystal's (that are meant for a standard TWS like the Galaxy Buds 2, Buds, Buds+) yesterday.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/cart/view.html?ref_=nav_cart
I gave them both a try against the Crystal's that are meant for the G Buds Pro (deeper insertion depth) and the Final Type E's (for standard TWS) that have the bass I liked but kind of fell short in other regards.

First up were the Crystal's. When on the nozzle these things are much shorter with maybe a 1/16 inch sticking above the nozzle. They also have a lot smaller opening to the ear being ever so slightly bigger than the nozzle diameter.
Ok, those are better, they have further opened up the soundstage and separation. I don't think I've lost any bass, but I sure didn't gain any either. The mids and higher frequencies don't seem to have dropped off any, they just have more air. Recordings that were meant to sound closer to live with a little echo (Aerosmith- Movin' Out, Round And Round) are clearly better. More of a performance rather than a wall of sound being thrown at you. The downside, I might have lost a little isolation due to them not being inserted as deep into the ear. I'm good with the tradeoff.

ePro TWS Series TW00. Comparing them to the Crystals (meant for standard TWS), they have more material above the nozzle and have very close to, if no the same inner diameter. Looking at both versions of the Crystals then comparing lengths when mounted, the ePro TWS Series were about a happy medium between the two. In sound they seemed to match the Crystal's Bass but they fell short of the open performance and and tone.

Clearly I'm liking what I hear from the shorter Crystal's meant for standard TWS sets. I'm still waiting on the Acoustune AET07 from MTM audio but it's going to be tough to beat this version of Crystal's. What more could I want?? Maybe get back a little more isolation and a deeper bass without stepping on the other frequencies? Other than that I think I might be at the limit of what these Devialet Gemini's can produce without using different equipment or mods, but one never knows...

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #39,371 of 61,381
I picked up the L3Pros recently and spent a while on a 'plane with them testing the ANC, comparing them to the AirPods Max which (to me) is the best ANC out there right now. Whilst you'd expect the AirPods Max to be better, which is especially true without music, the L3Pros were sufficient with music but not top relative to other ANC TWS I've tried. Neither were good enough to blot out a 777 on take off and climb though so there's still some way to go in ANC quality...

I've been really pleasantly surprised with the sound and comfort of the L3Pros listening to music after HearID. They are easily the best of my small collection (Jabra 85, AirPod Pro, Edifiers etc) of TWS and better than some of my ANC over ears too.

They do have two annoyances though:
1. Putting the 'phones in the case is a bit fiddly and sometimes the left bud doesn't make contact/remains on
2. With my big ears, sometimes when I lean on something e.g. 'plane window, my ear hits the touch control and does some random function

A few things that I miss from other TWS:
1. Priority when on 2 connections to drop the 2nd connection when on a phone call/Zoom for better quality and to stop interruptions (Jabra)
2. Mute the microphone (Jabra)
3. Transparent mode that is decent (AirPods Pro). L3Pro has it but it needs significant improvement...it is just about OK for a short sentence but not to have it on all the time.
On pt #1: Working out with the lp3 right now...left ear bud low...what?!?!

The 3 is a nice step up from the 2. Still that overblown treble but im not critically listening to tws. These deliver the fun factor and thats A-OK in my book.

Nov 15, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #39,372 of 61,381
On pt #1: Working out with the lp3 right now...left ear bud low...what?!?!

The 3 is a nice step up from the 2. Still that overblown treble but im not critically listening to tws. These deliver the fun factor and thats A-OK in my book.
I've had this a couple of times with the lp3 where the left headphone hadn't mated with the contacts in the case properly, or moved off the contacts whilst in my pocket, or I didn't put the 'phone in the case properly (no clue which one). The 'phone therefore either turned on or never turned off, connected and ended up low battery. The right one was 100%. I haven't had that happen again for a few days but if it happens a few more times then it is RMA time.

Nov 15, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #39,374 of 61,381
I received both the ePro TWS Series TW00 and the AZLA SednaEarfit Crystal's (that are meant for a standard TWS like the Galaxy Buds 2, Buds, Buds+) yesterday.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/cart/view.html?ref_=nav_cart
I gave them both a try against the Crystal's that are meant for the G Buds Pro (deeper insertion depth) and the Final Type E's (for standard TWS) that have the bass I liked but kind of fell short in other regards.

First up were the Crystal's. When on the nozzle these things are much shorter with maybe a 1/16 inch sticking above the nozzle. They also have a lot smaller opening to the ear being ever so slightly bigger than the nozzle diameter.
Ok, those are better, they have further opened up the soundstage and separation. I don't think I've lost any bass, but I sure didn't gain any either. The mids and higher frequencies don't seem to have dropped off any, they just have more air. Recordings that were meant to sound closer to live with a little echo (Aerosmith- Movin' Out, Round And Round) are clearly better. More of a performance rather than a wall of sound being thrown at you. The downside, I might have lost a little isolation due to them not being inserted as deep into the ear. I'm good with the tradeoff.

ePro TWS Series TW00. Comparing them to the Crystals (meant for standard TWS), they have more material above the nozzle and have very close to, if no the same inner diameter. Looking at both versions of the Crystals then comparing lengths when mounted, the ePro TWS Series were about a happy medium between the two. In sound they seemed to match the Crystal's Bass but they fell short of the open performance and and tone.

Clearly I'm liking what I hear from the shorter Crystal's meant for standard TWS sets. I'm still waiting on the Acoustune AET07 from MTM audio but it's going to be tough to beat this version of Crystal's. What more could I want?? Maybe get back a little more isolation and a deeper bass without stepping on the other frequencies? Other than that I think I might be at the limit of what these Devialet Gemini's can produce without using different equipment or mods, but one never knows...
What tips are your favorite so far?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back