Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 12, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #39,286 of 62,035
Well just got the Shure Aonic Free...ordered this morning and arrived 12 hours later. So far I am liking them---I am a huge Shure fan--have the srh1840, srh 1540 , Aonic 50 and the Aonic 4---love the Shure sound--it really appeals to me. The Free is obviously rather large for a TWS but it does not bother me as it sits comfortably in my ear and I really like the sound---the Shure app has a very cool parametric EQ so the sound can be nicely adjusted. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Nov 12, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #39,287 of 62,035
Well just got the Shure Aonic Free...ordered this morning and arrived 12 hours later. So far I am liking them---I am a huge Shure fan--have the srh1840, srh 1540 , Aonic 50 and the Aonic 4---love the Shure sound--it really appeals to me. The Free is obviously rather large for a TWS but it does not bother me as it sits comfortably in my ear and I really like the sound---the Shure app has a very cool parametric EQ so the sound can be nicely adjusted. :kissing_smiling_eyes:
Very cool to hear. Love mine too.

Nov 12, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #39,288 of 62,035
Also, if you get another wild hair, check out the TW2 2nd Gen. I popped my SE846s on them and whew, they are incredible. Same button setup, app features, etc. as the Free.

Nov 12, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #39,289 of 62,035
Stock tips= Damn near the worst thing I've experienced. I thought these things were $300 trash when I used them. Tried the Sennheiser tips and got the same experience. It wasn't until I installed SednaEarfit Crystals that the Gemini's revealed themselves to me. I've been through several sizes looking for the seal that's just enough to seal without causing discomfort. I normally use a Med to Large size. Sedna's come in 1/2 sizes and I started at ML. I'm now down to MS and they still seal great with no losses. They fit deeper in the ear than anything that I've tried and they also have the largest opening area to the ear. That could be because they are originally designed for the Galaxy Buds Pro which has a very shallow insertion depth.

Just delivered today- Final Type E
Right now I've got Final Type E's on them in size Med, and they are sealing. The rubber/ silicone material is more flexible than the Crystal's. They don't fit as deep into the ear as the Crystal's and they don't have as large of an opening to the ear. They seem to have a deeper bass- sub bass, but everything else takes a SLIGHT backseat to me.
Vocals are a touch further back, instrument details are slightly less noticeable and the highs are blended more. The Crystal's seem to give me a little more open, spacious presentation, but I don't do any strictly instrumental listening. I'd rate the Final Type E's a VERY CLOSE SECOND BEST for me so far and that could change with more listening.
I guess it depends on what you want, a slightly more laid back presentation with more bass- sub bass, or a more immediate presentation with less bass. Granted the bass with the Crystals isn't far off the Type E's. Pretty sure if I was going to watch a movie I'd use the Type E's for when things bet blown up and I don't want on screen actors in my face.

Tried-
1. AZLA SednaEarfit Crystal. Tried ML, M, MS https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097G272CG?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
2. Final Type E. Size Med https://www.mtmtaudio.com/products/...tooth-earphone-2-pairs?variant=32559994830908
3. Comply True Grip Pro. Size Large tried. Decent isolation. Good bass https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W45LHBT?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
CharJenPro Memory Foam Ear Tips: Med and Large tried. Ok isolation. Decent bass, not much for details, overall laidback somewhat muted sound. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0925MD1ZR?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
FIIL T1XS supplied tips. Horrible isolation. Decent details but midrange is somewhat lost. Sizes Med- large tried.
Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless tips. Med, Large tried. Horrible sound isolation. Where my bass go?
Samsung Bud Pro tips: Med and Large sizes tried. No isolation. No bass. Not good for mids either. Good details.

Next up, Acoustune AET07
Try ePro TW00: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08LPV19KK

I really like them. Great price too. Quite a few posters here use them

Nov 12, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #39,290 of 62,035
Last edited:
Nov 12, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #39,291 of 62,035
Nov 12, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #39,292 of 62,035
I bought the

FiiO UtWS3 a couple of months ago--and I see they just came out with an upgraded one---this hobby--always coming out with a bigger better one!​

https://hifigo.com/collections/fiio/products/fiio-utws5

Yep.

I held off on the UTWS3 as it didn't have qi charging. Waiting for it to make it onto Amazon.

Yeah, I tried them. I prefer the TW2. But I haven't tried the UTWS5 yet. That's why it's so fun!

When you try them, let us know how they compare. :L3000:

Nov 12, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #39,293 of 62,035
For now, I'm pretty satisfied with the Shure TW2 Second Gen. Not a big Fiio fan yet.

Nov 12, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #39,294 of 62,035
I think from what I have seen so far, the AZ60 mics for calls are much better as well. For me, the Sony's took a big turn for the better in SQ when I switched to Final Type-E TWS tips. They were about to be sent back until that point. Really excited to try out the AZ60s though. The never ending quest for SQ :D
Just so you know... May help or may not... I am using the final E tips which came with the Final E4000. They seem to really tighten things up with the AZ60. Not that they were that bad stock. 1 thing I can recommend if and when you purchase these, they put a small piece of foam in every stock tip. I removed those. I don't think they help with... Anything. And dude, yes, I am constantly searching for the best possible SQ in a portable (tws) form as well. The AZ60 are up there. They still are behind the Lypertek Pureplay Z7... Imo as far as SQ goes but that is just me. I did not like the xm4's all that much, I mean... 275 bucks for something that gets beat in SQ by the $70 H1's, again, at least to my ears and with my Library. I think you'll enjoy the AZ60's. It takes about a week and a half for the Clarity to shine thru. These were congested in complicated tracks in the beginning and there was a metallic bite to the ends of vocals... Fortunately that does go away. The volume is not the loudest out there but is certainly capable. As far as mics... Anyone I have asked has said that my voice is very clear.. I'm digging these man

Nov 12, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #39,295 of 62,035
Yep.

I held off on the UTWS3 as it didn't have qi charging. Waiting for it to make it onto Amazon.

When you try them, let us know how they compare. :L3000:
The Utws3 are monsters. I bought both the mmcx and 2 pin because I enjoy them so much. I am awaiting the utws5, I keep checking for them to make thier way to Amazon...

Nov 13, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #39,297 of 62,035
Nov 13, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #39,299 of 62,035
Ahh. My bad. "Free" model.
I have them both. Shure for better sound. Technics sound is great (not as good as Shure) ANC and size. Both transparency work very well and zero issues on many zoom calls for me.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #39,300 of 62,035
Just so you know... May help or may not... I am using the final E tips which came with the Final E4000. They seem to really tighten things up with the AZ60. Not that they were that bad stock. 1 thing I can recommend if and when you purchase these, they put a small piece of foam in every stock tip. I removed those. I don't think they help with... Anything. And dude, yes, I am constantly searching for the best possible SQ in a portable (tws) form as well. The AZ60 are up there. They still are behind the Lypertek Pureplay Z7... Imo as far as SQ goes but that is just me. I did not like the xm4's all that much, I mean... 275 bucks for something that gets beat in SQ by the $70 H1's, again, at least to my ears and with my Library. I think you'll enjoy the AZ60's. It takes about a week and a half for the Clarity to shine thru. These were congested in complicated tracks in the beginning and there was a metallic bite to the ends of vocals... Fortunately that does go away. The volume is not the loudest out there but is certainly capable. As far as mics... Anyone I have asked has said that my voice is very clear.. I'm digging these man
Amen. Aside from some bugginess here and there and a somewhat weak BT connection, I'm loving the AZ60. Using AZLA SednaEatfit Crystal seems to open the AZ60 up quite a bit and make them feel less congested. Haven't really felt the need to fiddle with the EQ yet. I might return my L3P...not that there's anything necessarily wrong with them, but I feel like the AZ60 does most things better (call quality, ANC, ambient).

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back