Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 1, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #38,986 of 62,072
Same here re EQ but I went even a step farther. I EQ'd them post-HearID and then added a bit more tweaking using the Kaiser Audio app (which I use to play all onboard music tracks on my iPhone 13 Pro; doesn't work for streaming services). I know, sounds crazy. Two different EQ apps running simultaneously. But guess what? It works! I now am going to keep the L3Ps for using outside the house, which is almost the only time I use TW IEMs. At home, stick with full-sized phones, both TW and wired. Only exception at indoors is the Ety ER4XR], amped.

Anyway, should a person have to jump through EQ hoops to get a TW or any headphone for that matter to sound its best? Nope. But for me, persistence paid off.
Ha, I should have stated... Sorry I didn't but I as well use poweramp eq. I basically replicate what I did in the Soundcore app inside the poweramp eq. Tws in my opinion are made to be eq'd. Anyways I understand what you are saying, I have tweaked these to sounding absolutely awesome. They sound like non in ear earbuds in the Soundstage but with good bass. I'm glad that worked for you man and absolutely you should not have to do what we had to do to get these to sound good, nobody should have to go that far but... Hey... Persistence... That's great man

Nov 1, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #38,987 of 62,072
Ha, I should have stated... Sorry I didn't but I as well use poweramp eq. I basically replicate what I did in the Soundcore app inside the poweramp eq. Tws in my opinion are made to be eq'd. Anyways I understand what you are saying, I have tweaked these to sounding absolutely awesome. They sound like non in ear earbuds in the Soundstage but with good bass. I'm glad that worked for you man and absolutely you should not have to do what we had to do to get these to sound good, nobody should have to go that far but... Hey... Persistence... That's great man
I know, right?

Nov 1, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #38,988 of 62,072
I got the Comfobuds Pro yesterday, and it looks like they are just what I needed. Ambient mode works decently, comfort is good and the sound is good as well. Not next level good, but nothing is harsh or out of whack. The stems look stupid, but I can live with that. I picked them up new for $49 off ebay. They shipped from Amazon. Heckuva deal for that kind of money. I would have liked the blue version with the presets, but could only find it for more than double the price, so I'll live with this for now. Should make a good walking/hiking set.

Nov 1, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #38,990 of 62,072
Thanks, appreciate that. It's been stable for 20 years but lately it's been blaring like a siren particularly at night. Of course, that in turn means less sleep which definitely makes it worse along with stress etc. Vicious cycle. Hoping to get it back to baseline but gonna give my ears a rest from headphones even though I listen at pretty safe volumes. Fingers crossed I can get it back down to previous bearable levels.
Sorry to hear that. Get better soon!

Nov 1, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #38,991 of 62,072
As much as I’d like to read the 2600 pages I don’t think I can, so please don’t mind if I ask: are there any decent cheap (<$50) tws iem’s?

I like the Fiil T1XS. They are small, isolate very well, have ambient mode and have a decent app with eq, low latency mode, touch sensitivity etc.
Got them on sale from Amazon for $30 and it's the best I have heard under $50 with my preferred sound signature.
Full disclosure: I don't have much experience in that segment. I also like balanced sound with strong mids, punchy bass (definitely not a basshead though) and highs that aren't too bright but provide enough sparkle.

Nov 1, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #38,992 of 62,072
I got the Comfobuds Pro yesterday, and it looks like they are just what I needed. Ambient mode works decently, comfort is good and the sound is good as well. Not next level good, but nothing is harsh or out of whack. The stems look stupid, but I can live with that. I picked them up new for $49 off ebay. They shipped from Amazon. Heckuva deal for that kind of money. I would have liked the blue version with the presets, but could only find it for more than double the price, so I'll live with this for now. Should make a good walking/hiking set.

I have the Aurora Blue edition with the eq pre-sets and they work very well for me but for $49 you got a great deal.
I don't about you, but to me out of all the TWS that I have tried the Comfobuds Pro have the best ambient mode or maybe because they have a shallow fit too.
The sound is exactly up my alley with nice balanced sound. Nothing is harsh or offensive and the mids are crispy and clear and bass is good too.
The ANC works great for me for the kind of environment I'm at.
The stem is indeed stupid but I can live with that.

I like the sound better than the Sennheiser CX 400BT.

Nov 1, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #38,993 of 62,072
I have the Aurora Blue edition with the eq pre-sets and they work very well for me but for $49 you got a great deal.
I don't about you, but to me out of all the TWS that I have tried the Comfobuds Pro have the best ambient mode or maybe because they have a shallow fit too.
The sound is exactly up my alley with nice balanced sound. Nothing is harsh or offensive and the mids are crispy and clear and bass is good too.
The ANC works great for me for the kind of environment I'm at.
The stem is indeed stupid but I can live with that.

I like the sound better than the Sennheiser CX 400BT.

Yep, good call on the recommendation! Ambient mode is good, which was my priority. ANC seems to work well too, and definitely better than the last ANC iems I had, but it's not usually a concern of mine except on an airplane, and no iem is going to match good ANC headphones for that task.

Nov 1, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #38,994 of 62,072
Sure ! Glad you're getting along well with the Bose QC, I quite liked them I must say but found them a bit big and couldn't really justify their price vs my trusty Echobuds v1 for ANC. BTW did you ever get a hold of the Echobuds v1 ?

On top of their overall isolation and form factor what I like about them is that when you switch to transparent mode you can choose to automatically have the music paused, great in a shop as simply going to Transparent without stopping the music isn't very helpful to have a conversation! The Jabra 65s had that, the 75s too but it was buggy if memory serves.
Yes, I actually got them, that cheap UK special back in the day, had a pal transferring to Sri Lanka, then he was in quarantine, eventually i got the buds, by now I have changed countries .. I think I had him order those last November .. time flies ...
I really like them and I get what you say about the nice fit and everything, but I fail to fall in love with them ... i think there was something like I can only use Android app, no iOS app ... not sure ... but for 59 quid, that was ok.

Nov 1, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #38,995 of 62,072
I see a Fiil T2 Pro announced / available on AliExpress, other than some apparently AI / content farm generated articles I can't find much info ... would be lovely to have the sound of the T1 Pro with better ANC ... form factor looks a bit more roundish overall ... hilarious is that graphic what they think who these are for "student, staff, young lady'

somehow this one tickles my trigger finger .. and apparently not much cheaper during 11.11

Does anyone know more?

Messenger.jpg

Nov 1, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #38,996 of 62,072
I see a Fiil T2 Pro announced / available on AliExpress, other than some apparently AI / content farm generated articles I can't find much info ... would be lovely to have the sound of the T1 Pro with better ANC ... form factor looks a bit more roundish overall ... hilarious is that graphic what they think who these are for "student, staff, young lady'

somehow this one tickles my trigger finger .. and apparently not much cheaper during 11.11

Does anyone know more?

Messenger.jpg
I would Def be interested in that. Problem is, I doubt they will come stateside

Nov 1, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #38,997 of 62,072

Does anyone know more?

Messenger.jpg

https://min.news/en/tech/da8b5f53a96785b121a458066bf4ff7b.html

Nov 1, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #38,999 of 62,072

Does anyone know more?
I've been waiting for these but as usual they are expensive at the launch. I'll wait for price drop to $60s.

Nov 1, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #39,000 of 62,072
What kind of battery life are you guys getting on these? I was on a Zoom for two hours and wow, the LP3 just ate up my battery life. I think I had 80% when I started the call, then at about the two hour mark the buds gave me the low battery voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back