Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 1, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #38,971 of 62,113
I've seen SO many people complain about the sibilance/treble on the Liberty 3 Pro's, some people really call it ear-piercing, while some just don't seem to mind it at all or even notice it.

Is it really dependent on fit or are they really that shrill on their stock tuning without EQ? I know some people are more treble sensitive than others but I've rarely seen TWS earbuds that are THAT divisive.
I think it has to do with the stock tuning. It was the worst tuned tws set I've ever heard out of the box, that is... At this price point with quality drivers and no excuse to let these off the shelves sounding the way they do. I have posted a few times here that these can be eq'd to pretty damn amazing... But your EQ will look like a freaking roller coaster... Lol. They are a good set with some flaws. However,.. I will never trust a youtube reviewer ever again after this set.. Lol.. After all I heard was how amazing they are, then bring them home and am confused because they were absolute garbage until I really dug in and played around with them.

Nov 1, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #38,974 of 62,113
Funny, I was JUST thinking about those today, they were my first 'chi-fi' budget TWS pair and I still love them ... I never really found such a low profile set in that price range again .. by now I am just happy with my Bose QC Earbuds which I use also for running ...

The original Anbes359 are famously not available anymore ... and not many others in this shape were made .. just checking on one other model .. SSK something ...
Ah, SSK BT03 ... but this is also from 2 years ago, might be equally hard to find ...
I recently acquired the little bother of the QC earbuds, the Bose Sport earbuds. I am enjoying them for running and they are a good replacement for the Bose Sport Frees.

Nov 1, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #38,975 of 62,113
So, my tinnitus is flaring up meaning I'm going to be dialing back my IEM usage. As a result, I have a BNIB B&O EQ sealed as a warranty exchange that I probably shouldn't bother opening. If anyone is interested, PM me. I'll put them in classifieds too but wanted to offer them up here as well.

Nov 1, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #38,976 of 62,113
So, my tinnitus is flaring up meaning I'm going to be dialing back my IEM usage. As a result, I have a BNIB B&O EQ sealed as a warranty exchange that I probably shouldn't bother opening. If anyone is interested, PM me. I'll put them in classifieds too but wanted to offer them up here as well.
Sorry to hear that. Just waited for your EQ return to hopefully hear the comparison between EQ and Fokus. But I guess I will stick with EQ since that ANC is good to keep. Hope you get well soon

Nov 1, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #38,977 of 62,113
Sorry to hear that. Just waited for your EQ return to hopefully hear the comparison between EQ and Fokus. But I guess I will stick with EQ since that ANC is good to keep. Hope you get well soon
Thanks - it's not fun. I think sticking with the EQ is the right call given that ANC is important to you. The Fokus is terrific but offers much less flexibility. Really more a a nitch product.

Nov 1, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #38,978 of 62,113
Thanks - it's not fun. I think sticking with the EQ is the right call given that ANC is important to you. The Fokus is terrific but offers much less flexibility. Really more a a nitch product.
Does the Fokus work? I mean not give any issues. back pocket, stability and range and the like.

I might try the AT out. I like solid all rounders. Huge battery, trying for a good fit and case ergonomics, trying for sound, plenty of features. Saw they even have sidetone as well. They just don't seem to like wireless charging and I didn't like the in ear detection on my last AT. I just don't like it in general so glad they don't have it. But the AT was one of the more fun sounding TWS I have had.

Nov 1, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #38,979 of 62,113
I think that's similar to the issue I have with them. I would really need a set of XL eartips and they would probably be perfect. Large fits and kinda stay in place for me if I lock them in tightly and twist them a bit (which unfortunately hurts my ears a bit), but I notice that it's not a perfectly snug fit and pushing them in really makes the bass sound incredibly deep.

Don't have any better eartips that didn't make the audio worse in other aspects. Tried some of the other eartips that I have and they all made the sound really awful even if they made them more comfortable.

Might buy the SednaEarFits then if you would recommend those! Seems like they have a 3-week delivery period if I buy them from Amazon which is painfully long though, or I could buy them from a domestic website that charge $36 for them which is also a bit expensive. Did you use size Large for the Crystals?
For regular corded IEM's I use either ML or Large. The Sedna's come in half sizes to really nail the fit, and sometimes people use a different size in each ear.
For both the Galaxy Bud Pro's and the Devialet Gemini's I've been able to get a good seal with the size Med. Since I had spares for the Bud Pro's I just used them on the Gemini's too.
The important thing is to only use a tip that will seal the ear, no more. Otherwise you may introduce discomfort and irritation.

I used the Devialet Gemini's at work today confirmed they are 100% power hungry.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #38,980 of 62,113
Does the Fokus work? I mean not give any issues. back pocket, stability and range and the like.

I might try the AT out. I like solid all rounders. Huge battery, trying for a good fit and case ergonomics, trying for sound, plenty of features. Saw they even have sidetone as well. They just don't seem to like wireless charging and I didn't like the in ear detection on my last AT. I just don't like it in general so glad they don't have it. But the AT was one of the more fun sounding TWS I have had.
I haven't noticed any issues but I also have only used them indoors in close quarters. No gremlins to report.

Nov 1, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #38,981 of 62,113
Not sure if it helps but for me there is a noticeable correlation between tinnitus flare and lack of sleep. Also stick to dynamic drivers only when it's bad.

Nov 1, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #38,982 of 62,113
Not sure if it helps but for me there is a noticeable correlation between tinnitus flare and lack of sleep. Also stick to dynamic drivers only when it's bad.
Thanks, appreciate that. It's been stable for 20 years but lately it's been blaring like a siren particularly at night. Of course, that in turn means less sleep which definitely makes it worse along with stress etc. Vicious cycle. Hoping to get it back to baseline but gonna give my ears a rest from headphones even though I listen at pretty safe volumes. Fingers crossed I can get it back down to previous bearable levels.

Nov 1, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #38,984 of 62,113
Honestly it wouldn't be too much good to you because I applied my eq after the Hear ID. I can tell you that for me... Personally... I added alot of db's (4-5) to 800hz and a slight bump to 400hz (2-3). I dropped 1.6 a hair and then gave 3.2hz a 4-5 dB bump. Next I dropped everything at 6.4 and higher way way down. As far as the low end... Put it where you like it as it doesn't impede much on the rest of the spectrum. Sorry this is kind of vague but hear id kind of sculpts things before you eq them... So basically take this all with a grain of salt.
Same here re EQ but I went even a step farther. I EQ'd them post-HearID and then added a bit more tweaking using the Kaiser Audio app 30-band EQ option (I use Kaiser app to play all onboard music tracks on my iPhone 13 Pro; it won't work for streaming services, so the HearID or CA Melomania 1+ EQ app have to suffice). I know, sounds crazy. Two different EQ apps running simultaneously. But guess what? I found a way to make it work for me (all the purists are cringing, I know)! I now am going to keep the L3Ps for use outside the house, which is almost the only time I use TW IEMs. At home, I stick with full-sized or on-ear phones, both TW and wired. Only exception indoors is the Ety ER4XR, which I amp with the ES100.

Anyway, should a person have to jump through serious and multiple EQ hoops to get a TW or any headphone for that matter to sound its best? Nope. But for me, persistence paid off. OOB the L3P sounds pretty, pretty bad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back