Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 21, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #38,686 of 62,084
IMG_0255.JPG
Tripowin x HBB Mele on TRN BT30 with Azla SednaEarfit XELASTEC.
No ANC, transparency mode, app or volume controls..... but my G... it sounds great!
Better than any TWS!
Dude... I've been wanting the Mele for awhile now... Waiting Amozon to stock it on prime, when I do for sure those bad boys are going on the UTWS3.

Oct 21, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #38,687 of 62,084

Tripowin x HBB Mele on TRN BT30 with Azla SednaEarfit XELASTEC.
No ANC, transparency mode, app or volume controls..... but my G... it sounds great!
Better than any TWS!
I am using my Mele with my BT20s pro too. Didn't know TRN release BT30 already. 20211021_172848.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #38,688 of 62,084
20211021_181136.jpg
Works great with 7hz Timeless too. And for the Timeless itself, it is absolutely awesome.

Oct 21, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #38,689 of 62,084
In the multiple postings here people have been talking about actual comparisons between different TWS , measurements, even people about noise distortions and generally you just can find generic or not really standardised approach

Just using Liberty Pro 3 this site is from Korea and they have measurements, comparisons but very structured and you can find basically most TW on the site: Deviant, B&O, MD,etc

Turn your captions on and you can follow pretty easily

Decided to give this EQ setting a whirl, like it but made some very minor changes and, I know this is odd, but I overlaid some EQ adjustments using the Kaiser Audio app 30-band option and wow. The L3Ps will be staying. Listening to a favorite album, Orleans eponymous album from the early 70s, and like hearing it for the first time.

Oct 22, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #38,691 of 62,084
Here's my EQ settings so far for TaoTronics SoundLiberty 94 (with ANC on) with the AirReps156X Android App. Really have to bring the mid-bass and lower mids way down to get rid of all that bleed. I would like to have brought up the upper treble a bit more, but there seems to be some hard limiter which prevents clipping but leaves a "huffing" artifact (same thing happens with Wavelet's preset), so your best bet is to turn the volume down rather than up.

TaoTronics 94: EQ works and can be saved, ANC settings not saved (default ON, transparency mode on when using single ear), Low Latency setting is remembered, find my earbuds works. Changing ANC mode from hybrid to feed forward changes the bass tuning considerably (thicker and more punchy but some of the mid-bleed returns)
SoundPeats T2: EQ function disabled, ANC and Low Latency settings not remembered, no Find My Earbuds option. I'm not noticing any change in sound quality when changing ANC mode (though the highs do sound less congested with ANC off).

Has anyone tried if this works on Earfun Free Pro or other Airoha earbuds?

Have you experimented more with this app ? This app makes the TaoTronics 94 pretty attractive but I can't find them anywhere, do they exist under another name maybe ? The SoundPeats T2 look pretty similar but they're not compatible with the app based on your findings.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #38,692 of 62,084
This is fantastic, thanks for sharing. I’m enjoying the L3P much more now with the suggested EQ in the video (pause at 9:40 or see the attached screenshot).
Yep that looks like a great site, very analytical !
I'll use their setting and see if I can get to like the L3Ps a bit more...so far I'm still getting that "harshness" but admittedly a bit less of a gap between the sub bass and the rest.

Oct 22, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #38,693 of 62,084
I just went back to my Sennheiser MTW2's after just using the Gemini's for 2+ weeks or so, and while the Devialet is just so much better when it comes to bass, i gotta say the rest just sounds so much better on the Senns. It sounds a whole lot more natural and I just feel like it sounds like it's higher-res, like if the Devialets were playing 128 KBPS and the MTW2's are in 320 kbps haha. the only comparison I could make that makes sense to me.

Plus the MTW2's are like clouds in my ears while the Gemini's hurt like a mother...flipper. I think that's in part due to the silicone eartips that come included with the gemini's, they're not comfortable in my ears, the largest size is a bit too small but still chafes the insides of my ears.
I switched eartips between the ones I had on my Sennheisers and the ones I had on my Gemini's and it made them A LOT more comfortable, however they sound worse than with the stock tips.

If they weren't a gift i'd probably try to sell them, but they are however the better all-rounder out of the two overall because the call quality is better than on the MTW2's and the ANC is far superior.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #38,694 of 62,084
All I can say is keep trying with EQ and the L3P. I got to a point where they sound like TWs phones punching way above their weight. Should it take this much finagling? Nope. But feels like I managed to get the best out of them, to suit my tastes, of course. Any shrillness is gone. I happen to be sitting outside not far ftom jackhammering and I can hear the noise, but barely. Sweet! Test passed.

Oct 22, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #38,695 of 62,084
Yep that looks like a great site, very analytical !
I'll use their setting and see if I can get to like the L3Ps a bit more...so far I'm still getting that "harshness" but admittedly a bit less of a gap between the sub bass and the rest.
I tried his Gemini settings, but not sold on them yet. Maybe that’s expected as I don’t find the flat bass or treble settings as overpowering, as he stated. That said, I am following his curve more, albeit with slightly different db levels and trying that out. Thanks to all for sharing

Oct 22, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #38,696 of 62,084
All I can say is keep trying with EQ and the L3P. I got to a point where they sound like TWs phones punching way above their weight. Should it take this much finagling? Nope. But feels like I managed to get the best out of them, to suit my tastes, of course. Any shrillness is gone. I happen to be sitting outside not far ftom jackhammering and I can hear the noise, but barely. Sweet! Test passed.
I believe the L2P+ that I had and the L3P are both capable hardware wise and while the app is feature-rich there is something about the tuning that isn't quite right.
With the L2P+ I was able to make them sound excellent but not surpassing other good TWS that I have here so they were just not special enough at the and of the day IMO.

Oct 22, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #38,697 of 62,084
True, the original L2P sounded pretty good though a bit more natural than the 1More's I had at same time that were no doubt more Dynamically shaping the sound so they probably got me set/used to that sound but after a week or so I adjusted back, the L3P to me do not do anything well be it sound or ANC or even the AMB is one of the worse I have heard.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #38,699 of 62,084
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but having to spend this much time tweaking the EQ for the L3P seems like a red flag. I prefer buying an IEM tuned closed enough to my sound signature preferences.
***Just my opinion…***

So many postings about the LP3…. It either sounds great out of the box, or it sounds great with some limited effort to EQ, or it sounds great but with enormous effort, or it sounds awful no matter what one does. Actually, no one should be surprised…

I think that it is an individual preference thing. Any IEM is going to be close to any individual’s signature preference, somewhat off, or very far off…. Take 100 people and they will each describe the baseline sound differently, that is there will be a distribution of opinions. Depending on the IEM sound signature out of the box, the distribution may skew towards very generally positive or generally negative. Obviously not everyone wants to or will be able to EQ, but with EQ some of the sound issues can be addressed if people are willing to do it. The effort to put into it will depend on how far that individual IEM is from the specific listener‘s preference…. On any IEM some listener’s may just want a marginal change - maybe a tad more bass, a bit more treble, a smidge more mids. For the same IEM but to other listeners it may require a wholesale reshaping of the sound signature…. All listeners should thus be careful about extrapolating their personal experience to what others might experience.

For me, I typically look at FR graphs to see if the tonality is going to be close to my preference. I can then EQ from there if I think I am going to be happy….

Not a perfect analogy, but think about it like going out to dinner…. You might order seafood prepared a certain way and then further customize it with seasonings and sauces…. However, if you don’t like seafood then no amount of preparation and seasoning is likely to make you happy. But, it does not mean others won’t like seafood!

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #38,700 of 62,084
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but having to spend this much time tweaking the EQ for the L3P seems like a red flag. I prefer buying an IEM tuned close enough to my sound signature preferences.
Agreed... If you saw how up and down my final eq is just to get these things to sound respectable. I do not have even a slight understanding how these ever left the manufacturing sites tuned the way they are... Almost like battery makers are trying to make tws earphones... Lol... Idk. They do have Grammy winners helping em out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back